Home
Top Spin 4 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Top Spin 4Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 8 - View All
Top Spin 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DickDalewood @ 02/25/11 10:29 PM
Why don't tennis games ever feature tv broadcast style commentary like all other sports games do? I realize they don't ever really talk DURING play on tv, but they always do between points, and as good as 2K is at doing back and forth booth chatter, it really seems odd they don't use that here.

# 22 The Visualizer @ 02/26/11 01:54 AM
looks pretty impressive, I'll be picking this up day 1

# 23 The Visualizer @ 02/26/11 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus
I love Tennis, the strategy, differing styles But I just hope it's sim and not another arcade experience of Pong.
Looks like the most "sim" Tennis game made for 360/PS3 yet. From the dev diaries posted it looks like they focused on differentiating styles this year, and making stamina matter so athletic players feel and play different from plodding power players so there should be a good deal of strategy in the game.

# 24 vinny_b @ 02/26/11 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Why don't tennis games ever feature tv broadcast style commentary like all other sports games do? I realize they don't ever really talk DURING play on tv, but they always do between points, and as good as 2K is at doing back and forth booth chatter, it really seems odd they don't use that here.

personally, for a tennis game i don't have to have announcers.

to me, the atmosphere/presentation in Topspin 4 looks perfect.

_

# 25 vinny_b @ 02/26/11 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
Looks like the most "sim" Tennis game made for 360/PS3 yet. From the dev diaries posted it looks like they focused on differentiating styles this year, and making stamina matter so athletic players feel and play different from plodding power players so there should be a good deal of strategy in the game.

looks even more simulation then Smashcourt (PS2), doesn't it ?

_

# 26 DickDalewood @ 02/26/11 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_b
personally, for a tennis game i don't have to have announcers.

to me, the atmosphere/presentation in Topspin 4 looks perfect.

_
Yah... I would still like some TV presentation

# 27 abcabc @ 02/27/11 07:19 PM
the ball hit sound sounds really pronouced. anyway, i wished the put in the agassi grunt. he would grunt a bit when hitting his groundstrokes. is monica seles in this game? hers was a awk-eee!! haha. is steffi graf in? she was awesome.

anyway, agassi wasn't an adidas guy during his long hair days, he was NIke. Only his last few yrs he was addidas. But the Head racquet was right... but it was Donnay before Head, not sure which Agassi 2k is doing.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.