Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Mom41 @ 02/26/11 06:45 PM
It's too bad the video tutorials aren't available in the demo. I need to see a thumb working the stick IRL in front of the batter from the catcher's view---regular speed, then "show motion" lol.

I've been helped a lot by two suggestions on here: 1) the guy who said keep switching sides to stay in the batter's box, and 2) post 24 above.

I'm still plugging away on Veteran but those two things have really helped....especially since my right thumb develops a lot of "english" and I get overanxious and bend it, and I end up trying to golf it out or drag bunt, both unintentionally even though I've got on with a lot of drag bunts.

But as I said, it's a shame the tutorial videos aren't available in the demo, they might have tipped some people who were on the fence about a purchase.

# 42 tvman @ 02/26/11 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
It is fantastic that it is different for each player. It is true to life and gives every player their own unique feel. Something I see the majority on here seems to want.

So when I see some complain about it, it makes me scratch my head.
I agree!

The more individuality they bring to the game the better!

# 43 eaglesfan89 @ 02/27/11 01:36 AM
is there a penalty (less power, etc...) if you just hold back before the pitcher even releases the ball, and just push foward when you want to hit? why even time it when you can remove half the problem with just holding it back the entire time?

# 44 bcruise @ 02/27/11 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan89
is there a penalty (less power, etc...) if you just hold back before the pitcher even releases the ball, and just push foward when you want to hit? why even time it when you can remove half the problem with just holding it back the entire time?
You take a contact penalty when you do that. Turn on the Plate Coverage Indicator in Gameplay Options and watch what happens.

# 45 willz1985 @ 02/27/11 05:43 AM
man I sucked at hitting in that demo, even on amateur lol

I seriously need to get some batting practice in

# 46 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 02/27/11 07:44 AM
The only thing I don't like about analog hitting is that it doesn't seem like I can control exactly where I want my PCI to go. For example, I get a pitch in the middle, a little low, and I time it right but I can't control if I want to place my PCI low.

It automatically chooses high/low corrcect? At least with last years gpoff, I could control exactly where my PCI was and direct the ball any direction I wanted.

So this year, I think I will stick to MLB 10 style hitting..

# 47 leafs nation @ 02/27/11 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyMediaPlus
The only thing I don't like about analog hitting is that it doesn't seem like I can control exactly where I want my PCI to go. For example, I get a pitch in the middle, a little low, and I time it right but I can't control if I want to place my PCI low.

It automatically chooses high/low corrcect? At least with last years gpoff, I could control exactly where my PCI was and direct the ball any direction I wanted.

So this year, I think I will stick to MLB 10 style hitting..
it's supposed to chose high or low for you but if you are a right handed batter for example and the pitch is outside you are supposed to flick up to the right to make good contact. down the middle just strait up with the stick and if it's an inside pitch up to the left kind of diagonal. they thought having the actual circle to control with the other stick would be too much to worry about for the user and make it too difficult.

# 48 wiser66 @ 02/27/11 10:36 AM
Here's something else to try: only ease the right stick slightly down to initiate the stride. If you pull all the way down, it will take more time to pull it back up and swing. Pulling down slightly will initiate the stride and give you more time to read the pitch.

# 49 Tatz666 @ 02/27/11 10:37 AM
I have to say, the first five or six games i played i was using pure analog and trying to aim my PCI with the left stick, thinking that was the way it was done, and i could barely string two hits together, let alone get a run in. maybe im stupid, but it was a little too much going on for me.....and i would also notice that sometimes the PCI indicator would be nowhere near where i was aiming. so after reading the posts here i was excited to jump in and try it again without using the left stick this time and it made a world of difference to me as i won my first game 2-0. the hitting felt much better to me, not having to worry about exactly where the pitch was going and trying to aim at it. i felt like i had less info to process before i decide to swing or not which enabled me to pull hits down the line and get out in front of fastballs as opposed to being late 90% of the time. consider me sold on the analog hitting

# 50 NAFBUC @ 02/27/11 06:04 PM
I was ready to go back to timing hitting, but stuck with the pure analog and I am now hooked to the system.

Finding a good camera angle will help. Here is a pic of my hitting and pitching custom views. The hitting camera is based on offset, but pulled back.

# 51 TallyBoi7 @ 02/27/11 06:28 PM
Yes a good cam and waiting back on pitches really help...I switched to a lower batting cam(Cather 5) and I can see the pitches much better and make more contact.

# 52 tullyd @ 02/27/11 06:55 PM
hi
i cant even swing. i bunt the ball every time i need some tips.

# 53 Raskal @ 02/27/11 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tullyd
hi
i cant even swing. i bunt the ball every time i need some tips.
Watch the Hitting Tutorial video in this thread?

# 54 brewersfan84 @ 02/27/11 07:25 PM
I suck at batting, using all the tips in the world hasnt helped me one bit. I hope I get it down by next week.

# 55 gman2774 @ 02/28/11 03:22 PM
Stating the obvious here but for those that are really struggling, set hitting to rookie and work your way up. Don't be ashamed of starting at the rookie level especially with something as new as analog hitting with MLB The Show. I've struggled on veteran the past few demo games and plan on making the adjustment down tonight. Once I conquer rookie, I'll move to veteran and so on....

One of many things I love about The Show is the ability to adjust difficulty level for hitting and pitching independently to find the mix that's right for you.

Good luck. Although very challenging, I find it fun to adjust to a new way of playing this great game.

# 56 NAFBUC @ 02/28/11 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Stating the obvious here but for those that are really struggling, set hitting to rookie and work your way up. Don't be ashamed of starting at the rookie level especially with something as new as analog hitting with MLB The Show. I've struggled on veteran the past few demo games and plan on making the adjustment down tonight. Once I conquer rookie, I'll move to veteran and so on....

One of many things I love about The Show is the ability to adjust difficulty level for hitting and pitching independently to find the mix that's right for you.

Good luck. Although very challenging, I find it fun to adjust to a new way of playing this great game.
Agree. Plus SCEA has kept the earlier gameplay options as a choice for the analog challenged.

# 57 mikey rockz @ 02/28/11 08:27 PM
Whats going on guys, so since I've got the demo I have been hitting horribly. Never getting more then maybe 3 hits per team in the 4 innings and having a total of 1 home run over the 10+ games I've played. I finally actually read the note above where you choose the kind of hitting you want to use ( timing, pure analog, etc ) and I've been using pure analog the whole time but I've also thought I had to use the left stick to aim in which spot of the strike zone. I see that in pure analog, you use the right stick to stide/swing and also as your coming up to swing, aim towards the left or right with the right stick to which side of the plate the ball is on. I just played the first game doing so, my offense is finally here now that I understand how to bat. I was playing both sides so I was always batting, I hit 3 home runs in the 4 innings, as to where I only hit 1 in all the other games I've played. I had 6 hits with Texas and 5 with the Giants including a clutch 2 rbi deep triple into the center/right field gap with buster posey to take the lead.

Im about to play my 2nd game now knowing how to actually use pure analog, if it keeps going this way I can safely say I now know how to hit lol.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.