Home
News Post

It looks like there is an issue with the Fight Night Champion sliders. Read through this thread. I broke down the sliders trying just about every combination. Currently, the Fight Night Champion sliders for the 360 do not work, haven't tested with PS3.

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SteelerSpartan @ 02/28/11 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
This issue is building steam and will have to be addressed soon.
We can only pray....

# 22 Money99 @ 02/28/11 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
This issue is building steam and will have to be addressed soon.
I'm confident it'll be fixed, but I hope the fix is affective.
If accuracy is at 0 then connect rates should be below 10%.

It's funny how Phobia spoke about low connect rates while at the community event. Seems the final build is very different.
It was no different when I enjoyed the FN4 community event.

# 23 SoMiss2000 @ 02/28/11 03:08 PM
Cancelled my amazon preorder Saturday nite. I'll pick it up later after all the patches and on sale.

Sent from the rEVOlution!

# 24 Chef Matt @ 02/28/11 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Cancelled my amazon preorder Saturday nite. I'll pick it up later after all the patches and on sale.

Sent from the rEVOlution!
Yeah, I think I'm going to do the same. It almost sounds as if none of the CD guys input was takin into consideration. Ever since the demo dropped, we've seen alot of issues that were adressed or mentioned at CD that haven't been tweaked.

# 25 Flightwhite24 @ 02/28/11 03:49 PM
Why am I not suprised by this? I should have noticed this days ago when I made some slider changes that were recommended to me to hopefully lower the cpu punch count and nothing changed

# 26 raiders81tim @ 02/28/11 04:01 PM
I'm on the PS3 and the sliders seem to work just fine for me.

# 27 Phobia @ 02/28/11 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
I'm on the PS3 and the sliders seem to work just fine for me.
Raider can you do the same match ups I did, with same settings. They are posted in the first post on EA forums. Post stats the same way I have done so we can get a idea of connect percentages with accuracy at both Maxed and Zeroed out, same thing with Stamina, and CPU Punch Output.

In my testing. With CPU Output at Zero he threw 5 more punches than it maxed out. VERY little change and one could argue that it is most likely not working period.

# 28 Phobia @ 02/28/11 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
this is interesting because I've been messing with the sliders and there seems to be some affect but it's minimal. I started editing the actual boxers tendencies to try and get what I was looking for. The sliders, I attributed to the "ea" effect. in which they just don't really have a valid 0-100 if you know what I mean. Im on ps3 also...
Yea I can get realistic punch outputs by editing ONLY the Punch Tendencies of each punch for each fighter. Then we could adjust the conditioning and endurance ratings to fix the Stamina issue. But if they are going to fix the slider issue with a patch it is best not to get started editing all fighters, because then you are back at square one tweaking everything again if they patch it.

So I agree with you, there is enough there we can fix most of it. But the global sliders would make this a much quicker process that editing every fighter and would greatly hurt legacy mode. Where with global edits Legacy mode would remain largely easy to fix by just the Sliders.

Here is some of the punch numbers I ran Friday to give you a idea. Run this same 3 tests on the PS3 side and see if you get similar results.

Look at this, this is perfect example of what I am saying. First fight is with sliders jacked down to Zeros for all key parts. Then the second fight(I hit Rematch), Mora throws 50 punches more with slider at default, Average of only 5 more punches. So putting CPU output at ZERO does really nothing. Then I had Stamina at ZERO for first fight and there was little difference in stamina between the two. Then even further, Punch Accuracy slider at ZERO for first fight and we BOTH had higher connect percentage than with slider at default!!!!

I think the need to find out if the sliders are working, because currently it does not look like it. Should be a simple fix of adjusting values so we should see this corrected, so don't flip out people.

Fight #1

Sliders
Accuracy - 0
Stamina - 0
Counter Window - 0
CPU Output - 0

Peter Manfredo Jr (me) vs Sergio Mora (CPU)
Fight went 10 rounds and ended in a Draw

Manfredo/Mora

Total Punches
478/869 - 433/787

Head
411/768 - 230/453

Body
67/101 - 203/334

Percentage
55% - 55%

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fight #2

Sliders

I won 95/93 all judges. Went 10 rounds and each fighter scored 1 knock down each. Mora went down in 3rd and I went down in 7th.

Manfredo/Mora

Total Punches
527/986 - 438/824

Head
447/853 - 249/501

Body
80/133 - 189/323

Percentage
53% - 53%

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at the huge difference the Tendencies sliders made! This is the CPU punch output with the Tendencies for each punch at ZERO for Mora.

Rd 1 - 62
Rd 2 - 38
Rd 3 - 47
Rd 4 - 48
Rd 5 - 51
Rd 6 - 41
Rd 7 - 32
Rd 8 - 36
Rd 9 - 31
Rd 10 - 47

Hit connect percentage went through roof with him throwing less. Throwing for 75%, 76%, 73% in several rounds. But if the Sliders had more effect on things such as Punch Accuracy we could tune this also.

Lastly, don't look at this like a fix just yet. While his punch numbers were EXCELLENT finally. His Stamina never left 100% all fight. This is even with the Stamina Slider at 0.

Only other fix I could do to make it work is go and edit his Conditioning and Endurance. This way he would lose Stamina at a realistic rate. But then you are stuck editing every single fighter.

So all in All the Sliders need to have a much greater effect so we can tweak these areas.

Fight #3

Sliders
Punch Accuracy - 0
Stamina - 0
Counter window - 0
CPU Output
0 - Rd 1 - 62 / Rd 2 - 38 / Rd 7 - 32 / Rd 8 - 36 / Rd 9 - 31 / Rd 10 - 47
5 (default) - Rd 3 - 47 / Rd 4 - 48
10 (max) - Rd 5 - 51 / Rd 6 - 41

As you see above I adjusted the CPU Punch Output slider every two rounds so we could see first hand if the slider is working OR if it is just the Tendencies working. As you can see the Slider is doing NOTHING. It is all based on the Tendencies adjustments.

Draw 95/95 all Judges, all judges scored it same
I won Rds 3,4,5,7,8
Mora won Rds 1,2,6,9,10

Manfredo/Mora

Total Punches
354/844 - 302/433

Head
240/590 - 131/209

Body
114/254 - 171/224

Percentage
41% - 69%

# 29 SHAKYR @ 02/28/11 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Raider can you do the same match ups I did, with same settings. They are posted in the first post on EA forums. Post stats the same way I have done so we can get a idea of connect percentages with accuracy at both Maxed and Zeroed out, same thing with Stamina, and CPU Punch Output.

In my testing. With CPU Output at Zero he threw 5 more punches than it maxed out. VERY little change and one could argue that it is most likely not working period.
I think raider is settling and accepting any little thing. Everybody I know with early copies on PS3 said the sliders show no significant difference.

# 30 cjkool69 @ 02/28/11 07:29 PM
Oh well. Guess I'll wait until after the summer again to get a copy when its 29.99.

# 31 Jukeman @ 02/28/11 08:01 PM
My heart would have been broken if I was excited about the game like I was for FNR4

Glad I didnt expect much, hopefully they patch this up so I can atleast give it a rent.

# 32 vision @ 02/28/11 08:28 PM
I got all kinds of flack on the Demo thread for saying that EA has a crappy track record, and they need to have a quality game out of the box.. and that I didn't think much would change.

I said they needed to prove to me that they could provide this out of the box. Certain people told me to stop being a drama queen. That it's only a DEMO

Failure.

The trend continues..

Hopefully the patch will come tomorrow.

# 33 Chef Matt @ 02/28/11 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
LOL at your location...I asked and she said she forgot.

This is going to be the first year in some time that I'm going to have 3 sports games. MLBts NBA2k FNC. I have no doubt this will be fixed, but for now my funds are sparse as it is. I can wait a bit....

# 34 vision @ 02/28/11 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
your inability to take things in context is the key.
Whatever man.. I see a lot of unhappy people here.

# 35 Hova57 @ 02/28/11 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision
Whatever man.. I see a lot of unhappy people here.
on a non launch day , things will be different for launch I think. it isn't suppose to be out in the first place. I feel like they nerfed the setting til the tuners are put out to get everything in place first then people can mess with the sliders. Hence why they haven't responded especially with Phobia who seem to have a good relationship with them .

# 36 Phobia @ 03/01/11 09:18 AM
I received a e-mail last night.

They are looking into fixing and addressing this issue in the first update.

They found the issue.

Punch Accuracy Slider & CPU output Slider is not doing much effect.

While most the others are working better. But a "drastic" change will be made.

Good News Guys

Edit: The Punch accuracy slider itself having a drastic effect will be huge. Just messing with that slider along can you fix many of the sim issues. Stamina decreases quicker with more misses, so punch numbers comes down as the rounds wear on, and damage and KO's go down because of less shots landing clean.

This is a key fix and the Devs should be commended on getting back to me so quick on this issue.

# 37 Jukeman @ 03/01/11 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I received a e-mail last night.

They are looking into fixing and addressing this issue in the first update.

They found the issue.

Punch Accuracy Slider & CPU output Slider is not doing much effect.

While most the others are working better. But a "drastic" change will be made.

Good News Guys
Those are very important sliders right there, good thing that they found the problem and are looking into it.

and I hope they make the sliders work drastically, last version I had ACC at "0" and my percentage were between 30-40

# 38 Phobia @ 03/01/11 09:27 AM
Vision the game is very good. Sure it is lacking in some areas, but most games are. Even the amazing franchises of The Show and NBA2k are lacking in areas. So while you say people are "unhappy" most are unhappy because they just jumping on a bandwagon they know nothing about.

Fight Night Champion as a complete package is very good. We as sim guys just like to press the developers in a direction we would like to see the game go, but that does not take away the fact the game is fun.

# 39 DaveDQ @ 03/01/11 09:32 AM
Good news on them seeing the problem. Phobia, thanks for your input and work in getting things resolved.

I'm looking forward to picking it up this morning.

# 40 fistofrage @ 03/01/11 09:36 AM
Well I had the game pre-ordered, but I am not going to pick the game up until some patches are done.

Its inexcusable. All I can say is that if 1 slider doesn't work properly, they may all be broken. Who knows if they will really fix them or not completely. I don't have time to test hundreds of slider combinations.

I am tired of trying to fix EA games with sliders, only to find out after hours and hours of testing that some sliders won't get you the desired results no matter how hard you try.

They had 2 years to produce a product. I can't give them my money on day 1 with something this important broken.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.