Home
News Post

It looks like there is an issue with the Fight Night Champion sliders. Read through this thread. I broke down the sliders trying just about every combination. Currently, the Fight Night Champion sliders for the 360 do not work, haven't tested with PS3.

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 edaddy @ 03/01/11 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Well Guys

I just received another e-mail and I have been corrected.

The issue that will be addressed is the default accuracy game play functionality and not the sliders.

I don't know what to say. So lets just say I will keep my mouth shut
So let me get this straight they acknowledge that the sliders arent working properly yet wil not attempt to fix them?..also wasnt the stamina tuned during the demo and was working perfectly?...So basically we were baited with a somewhat sim demo made even more sim by tuners the switched with a arcade retail version...I really don t understand EA but I have noticed that this happens alot with people who attend community days seeing one version the seeing a totally different version when retail hits...so is this just a 360 issue phobia ?..Whatever the case EA has definently gotten off on the wrong foot as far as word of mouth and bad PR goes I had some high hopes for this game..

# 62 ExtremeGamer @ 03/01/11 03:27 PM
I saved my $60 and bought the iPhone version instead.

# 63 Phobia @ 03/01/11 03:30 PM
I don't know what to say guys, I supplied data to help make the game better and find the issues. I thought that is why I was brought into community day. Then I find what seems like a obvious issue with the sliders. I then informed EA and of course informed the community because I represent you guys.

I was told all the sliders work as intended and only ones with issues is CPU Punch Output & Boxer Punch Accuracy which are not working correctly. But they are not fixing any sliders, they are tuning General gameplay Punch accuracy.

I have no idea how this is supposed to fix CPU Punch output or any of that. All I was doing was supplying data, which all of you guys will be able to test. YOU tell me if you feel the sliders are working as intended. If not, then YOU guys let them know. Because it seems like they don't like my stance.....this is how I now feel trying to help out EA

Doubt I will be invited back for another community day

# 64 Chef Matt @ 03/01/11 03:35 PM
Quote:
I don't understand why though. You act as the voice of this communitiy. You represent what it is everyone likes to see with this franchise. It would be absurd on their part NOT to invite you.

The most baffling thing to me about this whole thing is the game doesn't seem to play at all like it did when you left CD...

It's as if the loud/arcade/punch fest types were louder than the sim types....smh

# 65 DaveDQ @ 03/01/11 03:36 PM
You're fine. I think for those that are bothered by it, they should hold off on the purchase. If this is something that is not working all around, it's a big mess for EA and they should address it. I don't think you were out of line or anything.

# 66 Phobia @ 03/01/11 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
You're fine. I think for those that are bothered by it, they should hold off on the purchase. If this is something that is not working all around, it's a big mess for EA and they should address it. I don't think you were out of line or anything.
I will PM you

# 67 Hova57 @ 03/01/11 03:45 PM
ok this is hopeful wishing here,but maybe they are tuning it and not actual fixing it. As it stands with me I'll still get it tonite and try to have fun output numbers weren't that big of a deal to me more than the accuracy was . so maybe the general accuracy would help don't know, but it is what it is. this game has two years on the market so maybe something will happen later down the line, I tell you what though they make it hard for people to want buy dlc for this game when the won't fix what is wrong on disk. Also what's the point of have tuners at this point it doesn't seem to fit into the equation right now.

# 68 Dogslax41 @ 03/01/11 03:49 PM
Honestly with the way it sounds like this is going to end up would you really want to waste your time with another community day?

EA seems more and more to show on what side of the arcade/sim line they are going to stand.

I am dissapointed with this.

I have been dying to get my hands on this game and was only troubled by the decision of what game was going to get more of my time…this or the show.

The two most important aspects of boxing to me are the studying and training that goes into preparing for a fight and the technical aspects of the fight itself and I thought that this was finally going to be the installment to give this when I heard about tendency sliders.

However, EA seems to value the dog and pony show of boxing and the highlight reel rather than the hard work that goes into creating those highlights.

I could have lived with the lack of changes to legacy mode, but hearing this is just depressing.

Why even bother to make a boxing game and rip out the science from the sweet science.

# 69 Phobia @ 03/01/11 03:49 PM
You can edit the AI Tendencies and Ratings to make the game play much better. But this will be time consuming and the main reason why I felt the global sliders working properly was so important.

I love the game and have nothing bad to say about it. But I am baffled at the response as the rest of you all!

# 70 td7 @ 03/01/11 03:50 PM
Quote:
I will PM you
Phobia, quick question if we lower all the tendencies to "0" how will we get the fighters to fight like real life? Or if not "0" how low should they be moved to produce accurate results?

# 71 Bronk_Bonin @ 03/01/11 04:03 PM
Quote:
I don't know what to say guys, I supplied data to help make the game better and find the issues. I thought that is why I was brought into community day. Then I find what seems like a obvious issue with the sliders. I then informed EA and of course informed the community because I represent you guys.

I was told all the sliders work as intended and only ones with issues is CPU Punch Output & Boxer Punch Accuracy which are not working correctly. But they are not fixing any sliders, they are tuning General gameplay Punch accuracy.

I have no idea how this is supposed to fix CPU Punch output or any of that. All I was doing was supplying data, which all of you guys will be able to test. YOU tell me if you feel the sliders are working as intended. If not, then YOU guys let them know. Because it seems like they don't like my stance.....this is how I now feel trying to help out EA

Wow. This is unacceptable. So what you're saying is that we could have every fighter throwing 80-100 punches per round at a minimum 50% connect rate? If that's the case the word SIMULATION and FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION should never be used in the same sentence.

# 72 Phobia @ 03/01/11 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by td7
Phobia, quick question if we lower all the tendencies to "0" how will we get the fighters to fight like real life? Or if not "0" how low should they be moved to produce accurate results?
You don't u raise them in small increments, another words.

Jab 10
Straight 8
LHook 5
RHook 3
Luppercut 2
Ruppercut 1

Something along those lines. But if you lower the numbers they punch less. That is at least from my findings. Test it and let me know man

# 73 Phobia @ 03/01/11 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronk_Bonin
Wow. This is unacceptable. So what you're saying is that we could have every fighter throwing 80-100 punches per round at a minimum 50% connect rate? If that's the case the word SIMULATION and FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION should never be used in the same sentence.
Well the are fixing the 50% connect rate. They are lowering the punch accuracy in the update. But the "amount" of punches......I don't know man. Maybe it will fix it with stamina decreasing more or maybe we HAVE to go into tendencies. No idea bro

# 74 Flightwhite24 @ 03/01/11 04:18 PM
The saddest part of it all to me is the unknowning buyer who is a "SIM HEAD" who does not frequent forums and will purchase this in hopes of all the features working

EA and those who are a part of this "FIASCO" should be ashamed of themselves. How can you become aware and personally I'm sure they knew this even before Phobia realized [they won't admit to this] and push this product and not try to rectify the issue "Fully"?? EA is shaddy if you ask me. Peace!!!

# 75 edaddy @ 03/01/11 04:20 PM
Quote:
Well the are fixing the 50% connect rate. They are lowering the punch accuracy in the update. But the "amount" of punches......I don't know man. Maybe it will fix it with stamina decreasing more or maybe we HAVE to go into tendencies. No idea bro
Phobia personal thanks for letting this community know about the sliders and trying to get the problem alleviated..If this revelation about the sliders causes you not to et invited back to a community then man you shouldnt want to be there anyway..All you did was try to make us aware and attempt to make the gameplay better...Kudos agian..and ps is this just a 360 issue?...

# 76 Phobia @ 03/01/11 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
The saddest part of it all to me is the unknowning buyer who is a "SIM HEAD" who does not frequent forums and will purchase this in hopes of all the features working

EA and those who are a part of this "FIASCO" should be ashamed of themselves. How can you become aware and personally I'm sure they knew this even before Phobia realized [they won't admit to this] and push this product and not try to rectify the issue "Fully"?? EA is shaddy if you ask me. Peace!!!
Well it could be a "design" decision that they want the game to be more punch happy to be "fun". But I am the believer the sliders should have massive effects so consumers can shape the game of "their" liking, not the vision of another person.

I don't know how I feel about it. I know I am going to do twice the amount of work to get the CPU punch numbers down. Editing Tendencies for all fighters is going to be a pain in the behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Phobia personal thanks for letting this community know about the sliders and trying to get the problem alleviated..If this revelation about the sliders causes you not to et invited back to a community then man you shouldnt want to be there anyway..All you did was try to make us aware and attempt to make the gameplay better...Kudos agian..and ps is this just a 360 issue?...
Thanks Man

# 77 Hova57 @ 03/01/11 04:37 PM
Hey phob you've been a great help to this don't get discouraged they have their reasons . Its out of your hands much like any community day guy ya'll always look like the bad guys, but your not .

# 78 td7 @ 03/01/11 04:41 PM
Quote:
You don't u raise them in small increments, another words.

Jab 10
Straight 8
LHook 5
RHook 3
Luppercut 2
Ruppercut 1

Something along those lines. But if you lower the numbers they punch less. That is at least from my findings. Test it and let me know man
I lowered the Tendencies with those increments and it does fix the punch output......Nice find.

# 79 Phobia @ 03/01/11 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Hey phob you've been a great help to this don't get discouraged they have their reasons . Its out of your hands much like any community day guy ya'll always look like the bad guys, but your not .
Appreciate it bro, I know you guys realize it is out my hands. I am just discouraged as everyone else.

# 80 td7 @ 03/01/11 04:44 PM
I was getting between 40-60 punches per round....Does that sound about right...Realistically?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.