Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

MLB 2K’s journey during this console generation has been a tumultuous one. Nonetheless, the folks working on MLB 2K did not try to start over and escape from a past defined by missteps and barrel rolls (NSFW). Instead, they have buckled down and tried to fix what was undone during the early part of the generation.

It has not been an easy fix, but the developers working on MLB 2K11 clearly feel like this is the year where they can finally start improving and adding to the game rather than just fixing it.

Read More - Major League Baseball 2K11 Hands-On Preview

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 CM Hooe @ 02/28/11 12:50 PM
Good read. Thanks for posting, I look forward to playing the demo.

# 2 DrPhibes @ 02/28/11 12:52 PM
Good read.

Now if I could only find out if they have the Rockies black on black jersey. One way or another I will only have to wait another week before hopefully those who will have it can answer it for me.

# 3 Jasong7777 @ 02/28/11 12:59 PM
Good info. Just makes the wait that much longer.

# 4 jeffy777 @ 02/28/11 01:01 PM
Good read indeed. Thank you Chase.

# 5 bigmoe @ 02/28/11 01:06 PM
"First off, the new hitting camera is a brilliant tweak. It’s actually hard to explain why it’s so effective, but how the ball looks as it comes off the bat just brought me so much further into the experience. It’s like some sort of magical angle the developers found that makes you just want to hit the ball so you can watch it fly into the outfield."

Good read:
AHHHHH ,I've been waiting for this since BB games came out. Now I just made the switch to the PS3 for the Show and 2k comes up with this angle. Does the Show have a similar angle?

# 6 WaddupCouzin @ 02/28/11 01:08 PM
Good Read and I'm crossing fingers and toes hoping that 2K has finally gotten the fielding correct, here's to hoping and a decent demo!

Thanks Chase

# 7 Blazzen @ 02/28/11 01:08 PM
Good read. Game sounds promising. Can't wait!!!

# 8 ChaseB @ 02/28/11 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe
"First off, the new hitting camera is a brilliant tweak. It’s actually hard to explain why it’s so effective, but how the ball looks as it comes off the bat just brought me so much further into the experience. It’s like some sort of magical angle the developers found that makes you just want to hit the ball so you can watch it fly into the outfield."

Good read:
AHHHHH ,I've been waiting for this since BB games came out. Now I just made the switch to the PS3 for the Show and 2k comes up with this angle. Does the Show have a similar angle?
I think it's just that the camera doesn't snap to the field as much as the angle itself. So it follows the ball rather than going to the far-away camera.

# 9 DickDalewood @ 02/28/11 01:12 PM
Good read, thanks Chase

# 10 johnnyg713 @ 02/28/11 01:13 PM
good read.. The gameplay is really sounding great this year. Just hoping presentation is also up to par.

# 11 RGmoney @ 02/28/11 01:15 PM
Good read. Thanks Chase.

# 12 Kane182 @ 02/28/11 01:16 PM
It is sounding pretty good so far. I am really hoping fielding is not as automated as it has been the last few years. You really had to do very little to field a ball in the IF. It was primarily automatic. If they improved hitting which it sounds like they did and added errors/injuries which also sounds like they did I should be a pretty happy camper.

# 13 johnnyg713 @ 02/28/11 01:19 PM
^^^ chase can you comment wether fielding was as automatic in the IF as it was in 2k10?

# 14 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/28/11 01:23 PM
Very nice impressions Chase. I'm really liking what I'm hearing.

This example is HUGE for me. I hated that the CPU AI knew exactly where the ball was ending up after it hit a wall. GREAT JOB!

Now, the above example might be too subtle for some to appreciate, but others probably realize how important a play like that is to a baseball game. It’s plays like the above that make you want to keep playing. It’s plays like the above that make you want to build your team a certain way. It’s plays like the above that capture that moment of suspense that defines baseball.

Can't wait to play this next week. Also, looking forward to the demo as well.

Shaping up to be a GREAT baseball season!

# 15 jeffy777 @ 02/28/11 01:25 PM
I'm really happy to hear the colors aren't as over saturated this year. That has been a problem for a few years now.

# 16 BlackBetty15 @ 02/28/11 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
good read.. The gameplay is really sounding great this year. Just hoping presentation is also up to par.
Brother, if NBA 2k11 is any indication of the presentation aspects that MIGHT be present in mlb2k11 then I am soooo gonna enjoy this year.

# 17 a walrus @ 02/28/11 01:30 PM
This was a well written article. It provided the insight that I was looking for. Thanks!

# 18 ckarlic @ 02/28/11 01:30 PM
Great read...I think i might rent this game and see how it plays. I did notice that the Release Date says "OUT NOW" but at the end of the review it mentions March 8th

# 19 DickDalewood @ 02/28/11 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
Yep, I really enjoyed MLB 2K10's presentation. But I recently started playing NBA 2K11, and I am just floored.
Yah, if we've got some solid gameplay here, and the presentation is NBA 2K quality, then I will own both ball games this year, without a doubt.

# 20 ChaseB @ 02/28/11 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
^^^ chase can you comment wether fielding was as automatic in the IF as it was in 2k10?
In the outfield you have to start moving immediately. In the infield, I guess the AI pushes you in the right direction at the start like other baseball games. But automated how? There are errors now so it's not like you can just push towards the base and have no fears.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.