Home
Top Spin 4 News Post

The Top Spin 4 demo is available now. Add it to your download queue right here.

Please play a few games and post your impressions here.

*UPDATE: PS3 demo is available now.

Quote:
"Feel the excitement and energy of the US Open as you play in a tie break match to 7 points using some of the world’s top pros complete with 2K's Signature Style. Featuring new TV broadcast style presentation & innovative controls that allow gamers of any skill level to dominate the court, Top Spin 4 puts you front and center of the professional tennis experience."

Game: Top Spin 4Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 8 - View All
Top Spin 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 rangerrick012 @ 03/08/11 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
I asked this question in the career thread, but does anyone know if you can take an existing pro into a career or do you have to play with a created player?
From the dev diaries it seems its only created players.

# 82 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 03/08/11 06:59 PM
I have a question too. What's the difference between an unforced error and a forced error? Because I was playing the demo on hard and I had a particularly grueling tiebreaker with Federer (I was Nadal) that ended with me winning 9-7 and I know Federer hit it out or into the net at least 4 of those 9 points but he only had 1 unforced error.

# 83 jd@os @ 03/08/11 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
From the dev diaries it seems its only created players.
Thanks rangerrick.

I hate that because I don't like playing with created players. I know a lot of people do it, but I like "keeping it real." I play NBA 2K11 and never use "My Player", and I would like to have taken Agassi instead of a fake guy into a career on TS4.

# 84 Dudd @ 03/08/11 08:53 PM
Forced error is where you hit into the net because the other player made you stretch for a ball or do something else where it was hard to return, unforced error is just where you miss a shot. Just a judgment call basically.

# 85 at23steelers @ 03/08/11 09:02 PM
@Dudd: I know what you're saying, and I agree that there aren't nearly enough unforced errors, and should be a result from poor timing. In addition, I am a little worried that the CPU won't make ANY unforced errors in the toughest levels, seeing how they rarely make any in this demo. However, you have to remember this isn't the final product and hope that was all sorted out. Since I think the demo might have tried to target some of the casual crowd, maybe that was on purpose in the demo, but not so in the real game!

# 86 Methlab @ 03/08/11 10:22 PM
I'm making UEs on hard, but you guys must play the game more because my timing is still a little late according to the computer. It's definitley a little earlier than i am expecting. But the game moves so well on hard that it is really far more fun to play.

How do the settings work in online play? I like the game speed of hard far more than regular.

# 87 bigball12 @ 03/09/11 07:26 PM
Does anybody know the following?

1. Will there be 'different' pre-serve animations? Dribbling the ball etc.
2. Is the ability issue a player challenge on a call by the line judge available in the retail version?

# 88 kingdevin @ 03/09/11 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
is there a cpu v cpu option this version
Can someone let me know if there is a cpu v cpu option please...

# 89 CMH @ 03/09/11 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
Can someone let me know if there is a cpu v cpu option please...
I'm sure someone will tell you on March 15.

Sent from my mobile device.

# 90 kingdevin @ 03/10/11 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
I'm sure someone will tell you on March 15.

Appreciate the response. Since the demo is out I was also asking re: the demo as well. Usually you can access cpu v cpu in 2k games in the demo

# 91 CMH @ 03/10/11 07:55 AM
I haven't been able to set up CPU vs CPU on the demo.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen an answer to CPU vs CPU in any of the community info so an answer likely will have to come from someone that purchases on release day.

If someone does know, I'm sure they will post here.

# 92 Phobia @ 03/11/11 11:35 AM
Fight Night Champion
Tiger 12
and
Top Spin 4 were my most excited titles of March.

I must say after playing the demo, Top Spin 4 has me the most excited of all the games. The demo is really fun and looks to be a quality game.

# 93 CMH @ 03/11/11 02:51 PM
Not sure I'll get this on release day, but I'll definitely be interested in playing online with the guys posting in this thread when I do get it.

PS3, though.

# 94 boritter @ 03/13/11 12:53 AM
I hate how you can't view the controls from the pause menu in the demo.

Is there a turbo button? I assumed it was RT (Xbox 360) but I don't see a difference in player speed.

# 95 rangerrick012 @ 03/13/11 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
I hate how you can't view the controls from the pause menu in the demo.

Is there a turbo button? I assumed it was RT (Xbox 360) but I don't see a difference in player speed.
A dev diary was released earlier this week devoted to the controls.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lay-101-a.html

# 96 josef @ 03/13/11 03:59 PM
Any Top Spin 4 impressions with the Move? I'm wondering how player movement is and if it's actually fun..

# 97 The Visualizer @ 03/13/11 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josef
Any Top Spin 4 impressions with the Move? I'm wondering how player movement is and if it's actually fun..
One of my friends played the demo with Move and told me it doesn't feel like true 1-to-1 movement due to slight delay when swinging which kind of throws off the experience. He feels playing with the controller is a better experience on PS3.

# 98 bigmoe @ 03/13/11 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinylOne
How much is this game going to cost? i got excited after playing demo
$59.99 , if you preorder on amazon you can get $20 gift card credit . Need to do it by tues 15th
I think i will ,not a bad deal.

# 99 Fiasco West @ 03/13/11 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe
$59.99 , if you preorder on amazon you can get $20 gift card credit . Need to do it by tues 15th
I think i will ,not a bad deal.
I was on the fence about the game, simply because i'm not a big Tennis fan but had fun playing the demo...that Amazon deal sold me.

# 100 TexasBorn1 @ 03/14/11 11:11 AM
Had a lot of fun playing the demo and after getting creamed my first few tries on Hard mode I have started to win every match(at least when I use Rafa)

The CPU gets Aces on me like once every match, but I'm just not good enough to get one myself. I will definitely give this game a buy sometime down the road

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.