Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

Check out the MLB 11 The Show 40-Man roster ratings for the American League East. More to come.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ElroyJetson @ 03/03/11 05:01 PM
Looks like I'll have to resign Cano

# 2 Jays20593 @ 03/03/11 05:38 PM
Jays rosters look good except theres no way Brett Cecil should be rated lower than Jesse Litsch and Zep.

Also, it's kinda weird the game is shipping with Napoli on the roster when he was only on the team for 3 days.

# 3 bobeureally27 @ 03/03/11 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPitcher
OK I HATE this!
I can look up these guys real contracts over the internet, why can't they keep it realistic? A Rod is making almost $31 million this year NOT $13.3!!!!!!!
This is one of the VERY FEW things I can find wrong with this game year after year!!
One of the biggest rewards I get out of playing RTTS is signing record breaking deals, thats one of the few rewards I feel I get for all of the hard work I put into RTTS is the feeling I get when I can say, "OK I am more valuable than X player to this team" ...using false contracts takes that element out of it for me..
Don't even THINK about saying anything to discredit The Show when you haven't been a member here for more than three days. Sony doesn't have the license to use real contracts. It's not their fault. It's just the way it works.

# 4 etched Chaos @ 03/03/11 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeureally27
Don't even THINK about saying anything to discredit The Show when you haven't been a member here for more than three days. Sony doesn't have the license to use real contracts. It's not their fault. It's just the way it works.
It still doesn't prevent them from shifting the contracts to be in the ballpark of the actual contracts. A-Rod could be on 27.5 for the year, its not the exact number but its a damn sight closer than 13.1.

# 5 bobeureally27 @ 03/03/11 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
It still doesn't prevent them from shifting the contracts to be in the ballpark of the actual contracts. A-Rod could be on 27.5 for the year, its not the exact number but its a damn sight closer than 13.1.
I don't disagree that they can make it closer to reality, but that kid was just acting like the sky was falling. But, I've been playing this game since 06 and the contracts never bothered me. Sure, it would be nice to have real contracts (for instance, Bill Hal made like 7.5 mil last year IRL, but only like 400k (if that) in the game). But, I'm not going to cry over spilt milk.

# 6 ImBaconBeckham @ 03/03/11 06:00 PM
Isn't it sad that Mike Gonzalez is rated the Orioles' best player? WTF? Is it just me, or does the Show love Mike Gonzalez? I think this is the second year that he's been one of the Orioles' top rated players.

# 7 etched Chaos @ 03/03/11 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeureally27
I don't disagree that they can make it closer to reality, but that kid was just acting like the sky was falling. But, I've been playing this game since 06 and the contracts never bothered me. Sure, it would be nice to have real contracts (for instance, Bill Hal made like 7.5 mil last year IRL, but only like 400k (if that) in the game). But, I'm not going to cry over spilt milk.
Fair enough, but to some people it is a big deal. To me I'd love realistic contracts, its one of the little details that just immerses you more. In RTTS I've made perennial MVP Outfielder's who've been offered 15mill a year and it sortof irked me to think the best I can ever make is half of whats on offer in real-life.

# 8 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/03/11 06:32 PM
The contracts size does not bother me as long as:
a. they are proportionate to the players ability
b. low contract numbers result in low budgets
-if budgets are as they were last year with these salaries...offseason will-be sign an all star team.

# 9 cibo2 @ 03/03/11 06:33 PM
Why is SP Andrew Brackman on the roster for the Yankees? Not that im complaining, but I thought players had to appear in at least one Major League game to be included. I know he was called up at the end of September last year but he has yet to make his MLB debut. Anybody know?

# 10 Bigsheen @ 03/03/11 06:33 PM
finally not every singly player is signed to a 1 or 2 year contract in the first year of franchise, that always killed me.

# 11 hysteria499 @ 03/03/11 06:34 PM
my poor o's no love lol. and how mike is the top rated player on the team is beyond me. didn't even play the whole year. and how Guthrie is rated higher then Lee is also beyond me. but all is good you can change stats and go for the roster vault. still love the game been playing since 06.

# 12 Mo @ 03/03/11 07:06 PM
Corey Patterson's rating

No Mark Prior

# 13 prot22 @ 03/03/11 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBaconBeckham
Isn't it sad that Mike Gonzalez is rated the Orioles' best player? WTF? Is it just me, or does the Show love Mike Gonzalez? I think this is the second year that he's been one of the Orioles' top rated players.
Right?! Lol. He's won the Rolaids relief award in my last 3 seasons since 2008!

# 14 ImBaconBeckham @ 03/03/11 07:14 PM
If there's one thing that Sony San Diego needs to up its game in - it's the rating, simulation, and statistical part of the game.

# 15 cibo2 @ 03/03/11 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Corey Patterson's rating

No Mark Prior
Thats because Mark Prior signed a minor league deal. He's not on the 40 man roster. Same with Freddy Garcia and Bartolo Colon. Theres a possibility that he could still be in the game on the Yankees roster. Just not on the 40 man roster.

# 16 berenjena @ 03/03/11 07:59 PM
I don't get it... Andrew Brackman made into the game? (He hasn't pitch in the majors)

# 17 cibo2 @ 03/03/11 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berenjena
I don't get it... Andrew Brackman made into the game? (He hasn't pitch in the majors)
Thats what I though. But then I went to MLBPA's website and I think the player just has to be called up to the Major League roster, which he was. Whatever, I'm not complaining!

# 18 econoodle @ 03/03/11 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berenjena
he did play in ST maybe thats why, not sure.
tho he is on the 40 man, do they go by that?

Also Gustavo Molina is in there too! wtf lol

# 19 berenjena @ 03/03/11 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamon05
I believe Brackman signed a major league contract when he was drafted. Does that have anything to do with it?
Makes sense, but Nishioka (Twins) signed a Major League deal too, and he is not on the twins 40-man roster.

# 20 cibo2 @ 03/03/11 09:14 PM
Its because Brackman was called up last year in September (although he did not pitch). Thats why he is in the game.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.