Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

Check out the MLB 11 The Show 40-Man roster ratings for the American League Central. More to come.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ScubaXsniper @ 03/03/11 06:57 PM
NL Central please.

# 2 CWSpalehoseCWS @ 03/03/11 06:59 PM
Chris Sale getting a lot of love. The one thing I was worried about, and I can breath a sigh of relief. I don't quite get how Peavy is the best SP, as Danks is the most consistent on the team.

# 3 BatsareBugs @ 03/03/11 07:03 PM
One year injury doesn't affect a player's rating negatively as much, as it shouldn't.

# 4 ImBaconBeckham @ 03/03/11 07:09 PM
I really wish they would give number ratings. Reading the bars is a bit painful.

Dunn's rating surprised me. Yeah, his defense sucks, but he won't be doing much fielding this year. But I guess they didn't take that into account.

# 5 ImBaconBeckham @ 03/03/11 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinSainn
Dunn also strikes out alot.

Anyone notice that Armando Galaraga is still on the Tigers? He should be with the D-backs.
He also puts up a .900 OPS on almost a yearly basis. I'll take the Ks as long as he gives me 40 home runs and a near .400 OBP.

The rosters that release with the game are as of January something, so that could be why. Napoli is still on the Blue Jays in the game.

# 6 FallOfFingolfin @ 03/03/11 07:21 PM
Those Sox ratings are all kinds of screwed up.

# 7 ImBaconBeckham @ 03/03/11 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinSainn
Oh, i'm not saying Dunn isn't a good hitter, I wish our lousy GM woulda made more effort to get him considering the numbers he puts up in Wrigley. I was just saying maybe that has something to do with the lower than expected rating. His D is really, really bad though.
Dunn's defense wasn't as bad as it was in previous seasons at 1B last year - playing one position for a whole year helps a bit.

But yeah, his defense is probably why his overall kinda sucks.

# 8 JermaineDye05 @ 03/03/11 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSpalehoseCWS
Chris Sale getting a lot of love. The one thing I was worried about, and I can breath a sigh of relief. I don't quite get how Peavy is the best SP, as Danks is the most consistent on the team.
Peavy, when healthy, is the best. He hasn't been healthy since joining Chicago. I think Danks can be ace quality, but he hasn't reached there quite yet though. Looks like they really gave Alexei some much needed respect same with Thornton who's now the top ranked player.

I think Danks should be swapped with Floyd on the chart.

# 9 berenjena @ 03/03/11 09:10 PM
What's up with Chris Sale?!

# 10 JermaineDye05 @ 03/03/11 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berenjena
He's awesome, that's what's up

I think a lot of his ranking has to do with potential. A lot of scouts view him as a top of the rotation starter eventually. Plus, he made Joe Mauer look silly last year in Minnesota, you gotta get bonus points for that too.

# 11 abjsuperstar @ 03/03/11 09:52 PM
wheres the japan guy for the twins?!

# 12 soxnut1018 @ 03/03/11 10:06 PM
Quote:
1.97 ERA with a 1.071 WHIP and 12.3 K/9.

# 13 berenjena @ 03/03/11 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnut1018
1.97 ERA with a 1.071 WHIP and 12.3 K/9.
I understand he has tons of potential, but it was just 23.1 innings...

# 14 ImBaconBeckham @ 03/03/11 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjsuperstar
wheres the japan guy for the twins?!
I see you're definitely a hardcore Twins fan...lol Japan guy.

# 15 ImBaconBeckham @ 03/03/11 10:50 PM
Quote:
I understand he has tons of potential, but it was just 23.1 innings...
Sale throws in the high 90s out of the pen with a plus change and slider. He's basically a starter in the bullpen. His talent alone should give him a pretty good rating in the game. Doing what he did last year (even though it was in 23 innings) helps the rating too.

# 16 JermaineDye05 @ 03/03/11 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBaconBeckham
I see you're definitely a hardcore Twins fan...lol Japan guy.
I think that's actually going to be his name once the roster update drops.

# 17 BatsareBugs @ 03/03/11 11:22 PM
Like the previous Japanese free agents, he won't be in the game or on the opening day roster update because he has yet to play an official MLB game.

# 18 BrandH @ 03/04/11 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBaconBeckham
Sale throws in the high 90s out of the pen with a plus change and slider. He's basically a starter in the bullpen. His talent alone should give him a pretty good rating in the game. Doing what he did last year (even though it was in 23 innings) helps the rating too.
Isn't that pretty much what Joba did his rookie year? And how has that gone? Not as good as everyone thought it would.

# 19 soxnut1018 @ 03/04/11 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandH
Isn't that pretty much what Joba did his rookie year? And how has that gone? Not as good as everyone thought it would.
It's also what David Price did...

# 20 BatsareBugs @ 03/04/11 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandH
David Price did, Liriano did it, Johan Santana did it. Some teams believe that getting a pitcher experience against major league hitting through the bullpen is a good way to ease them into becoming a starting pitcher in the majors. Some have failed, some have succeeded. Only a few teams have adopted this philosophy. Right now the Mets are banking on it with Jenrry Mejia and I'm not sure about the Cubs, but it seems like Andrew Cashner is also going the same route.

Joba did well his first two years, but instead of sticking it out after his first full year as a starting pitcher last season, the Yankees decided to put him back in the bullpen.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.