Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

According to Community Manager Alain Quinto, the Fight Night Champion patch will not be available for another couple of months.

Quote:
"Dev Team Update March 09th, 2011

Update regarding OWC Boxer Match Up Freeze issues;
- The Dev Team is aware of the issue and is preparing a TU/Patch in hopes to address it.
- The release date of the TU/Patch has NOT yet been solidified but expect it to be sometime in the next couple of months. More information will be released about this in the coming weeks.

Update regarding perfect block and counters
- The Dev is investigating a Tuner Set update that addresses the perfect block counter
- We are reading the the forum feedback regarding this issue and will update the community via this thread with more information."

Update - March 15th

PM from Mike Mahar - he responded to my pm about my suggestions on hit detection:

To: WarSooie
Date: 03/15/2011 11:10:01
Subject: Re:Just a suggestion...
Connection Rate has/will be lowered via the patch/tuner set update.
Exact release announcements are coming soon (next week or so)
Check here for the most up to date information;
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5320789.page

Thanks again for the feedback.

-Mike

Here's the newest posting on the EA forums:

Dev Team Update March 15th, 2011

The Dev Team and Mods will be releasing news of the following ...impending updates...this week;
- DLC Content
- TU/Patch Update
- Tuner Set Update - based on specific forum/community feedback
All three items are being scheduled for launch in the next several weeks
We will release specific details around the content for each of the updates via this thread.
Please stay tuned.

-The Dev Team

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 21 fistofrage @ 03/10/11 12:17 PM
[quote=DaveDQ;2042195498]
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib

Paying on the game 10 bucks at a time for several months is self control. I have no problem with anyone who waits. In fact, that's my point. I'm doing it with MLB 2K11. Waiting makes sense to me because we have reviews, Youtube, OS and various other places to give us an overall impression of the game. I just think the whole concept of "renting first" is highly overrated. you're still spending money when really you can make a good decision on a game with a demo and then places like OS.
You really have to play the game yourself. I'm having huge issues with the stamina, others claim its fine. This is with every game. There is one camp that has the golden DVD of the game where everything works great and the other camp that claims the game is rubbish. The answer is its always somewhere in between.

I have a hard time deciding that by doing anything but playing it for myself.

The real answer, especially when dealing with EA is wait 6 months after release to buy the game. There will be patches, you will be playing the final version, and it will be much cheaper, and you will be able to make a much more knowledgable purchasing decision. The only question is do you have the self control to do that?

# 22 DaveDQ @ 03/10/11 12:31 PM
[quote=fistofrage;2042195532]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ

The real answer, especially when dealing with EA is wait 6 months after release to buy the game. There will be patches, you will be playing the final version, and it will be much cheaper, and you will be able to make a much more knowledgable purchasing decision. The only question is do you have the self control to do that?
That's a good point. In some cases, like with Madden, I made a decision to stay away from Madden 11 because I could tell by the demo and early footage that tackling was still broken. I then decided I wasn't touching it. Nothing has frustrated me more this generation that that title, but I use that as an example that I can say no. Even in the peak of the NFL season, it almost became principle that to buy that game would be contrary to my thoughts on where I thought it should be by now.

What sealed it for me in Fight Night was the demo. I played a lot of FN4 and overall I left wanting to see stamina addressed. The demo itself showed me they made progress, but then the tuner set they tested really showed me they can address certain things. Freezes and the like are not something I can test for myself. I'm getting the dirty disc error, so I installed it to my hard drive and have had good luck with that.

I will say renting is beneficial. I'll say that if you truly rent it, make a decision and hold off until 6 months later, sure you'll end up paying less for the game than at the initial release, so yes...renting saves the children.

# 23 Money99 @ 03/10/11 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
It would be sweet if we got that type of patch here. Seems odd that if MMA had a winning stamina model it wouldn't be implemented here. But I guess if the Button mashing Rock em Sock em crowd is crying about realistic stamina, maybe their marketing/sales department said give them their cake.....
Wasn't EA MMA developed by the Tiberon office? Even so, you would think EAC could reach out to them for advice on how to fix it.

Saying that, I think you're 2nd statement is more accurate. They know all the 12-year-olds who have unlimited access to mommy's credit card will cry and whine if they're not allowed to spam hundreds of hooks over and over again.

I would be that's the real reason stamina and accuracy are the way they are.
It's just too bad the sliders don't work.

# 24 edaddy @ 03/10/11 01:54 PM
I can get over the fact that the game came out with flaws in it thats juust part of the times we are living in. Every game has a small cycle of development that will effect the quality of yearly editions. But what I truly dislike is the fact that developers ,community reps etc don't approach the POST RELEASE as zealous as they approach the PRE-RELEASE. before the release you couldnt catch a day when something wasn't blogged about or a feature was hyped, But post release their is absolutely nothing being said or done and this gives credence to the fact that most people consider EA expert marketers and incomplete developers. I am not saying that developers or community reps should be on the boards discussing every negative nuance post release but they should have a noticeble prescence to address the concerns that respected and reasonable people have about their product. To me that defeats the purpose of community relations as it causes resentment in the future when you are trying to gain some positive word of mouth. IMO I wouldve addressed the issues with aquestion and answer session with the commumity , assured the community that problems have been duly noted, give thanks for appreciation of their business,and move d on from there But utter silence harbors frustration and resentment from people who bought the game with the hope that it performed exactly as developers said that it would. True EA is a business and it's business model is primarily marketing a game with miniscule improvements,but at some point all of this will come back and bite them in the but.

# 25 tyreeii @ 03/10/11 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
I can get over the fact that the game came out with flaws in it thats juust part of the times we are living in. Every game has a small cycle of development that will effect the quality of yearly editions. But what I truly dislike is the fact that developers ,community reps etc don't approach the POST RELEASE as zealous as they approach the PRE-RELEASE. before the release you couldnt catch a day when something wasn't blogged about or a feature was hyped, But post release their is absolutely nothing being said or done and this gives credence to the fact that most people consider EA expert marketers and incomplete developers. I am not saying that developers or community reps should be on the boards discussing every negative nuance post release but they should have a noticeble prescence to address the concerns that respected and reasonable people have about their product. To me that defeats the purpose of community relations as it causes resentment in the future when you are trying to gain some positive word of mouth. IMO I wouldve addressed the issues with aquestion and answer session with the commumity , assured the community that problems have been duly noted, give thanks for appreciation of their business,and move d on from there But utter silence harbors frustration and resentment from people who bought the game with the hope that it performed exactly as developers said that it would. True EA is a business and it's business model is primarily marketing a game with miniscule improvements,but at some point all of this will come back and bite them in the but.
I agree with this and I think that it is fair. Yes, it will comeback to bite them in a butt, who knows when that day comes? I guess this is what happens when you buy out your competition and buy exclusive rights. and yes...I think EA does not focus on their games as much as the 2K team (when I compare Madden and NCAA football to NBA & MLB 2K).

# 26 Kanobi @ 03/10/11 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I feel sorry for folks that dropped $60 thinking things have changed.
I dont. I'm just glad I wasn't one of 'em. I'm not even interested in this game for gamefly

# 27 jethrotull @ 03/10/11 02:54 PM
This may sound crazy, but i just got the game and have enjoyed it. I have not went far in Legacy mode, and the EA Share a boxer is great imo, but what areas cause the game to crash? I did not buy Fight Night 4 or 3 so I am sure that I probably missed the bugs, but what were some of the bugs reported?

# 28 vision @ 03/10/11 03:03 PM
I don't expect everything to be perfect. But developers now days can rest on their laurels, because they do in fact know that they can patch. I like the game.. best one in the FN series in my opinion. But the broken slider issue is just pure incompetence and the non answer about it is simply dishonest. I bought a blatantly broken game.

If I buy an HD tv and the contrast, color, sharp, x/y axis adjust, picture ratio..etc don't work, the TV is broken. If I buy a car and the radio, heat, the windshield wipers don't work, I just got suckered.. and I'm taking the car back. As far as I'm concerned, these guys pulled a fast one, should be ashamed of themselves.

I would have more respect if they simply own up to it, and say they will definitely fix these issues.

# 29 Money99 @ 03/10/11 03:24 PM
Because this game is on a 2-year cycle, I have no problem waiting another 6-months until several patches have been released and the price drops.

I waited 24 months, another 6 is nothing.

At least I won't have anything distracting me when I get MLB2K11.

# 30 TheShizNo1 @ 03/10/11 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
This may sound crazy, but i just got the game and have enjoyed it. I have not went far in Legacy mode, and the EA Share a boxer is great imo, but what areas cause the game to crash? I did not buy Fight Night 4 or 3 so I am sure that I probably missed the bugs, but what were some of the bugs reported?
I mean this with all due respect, dont worry about it. As much as I love OS, I'm convinced people sour on games because of some people on here. I ultimately have fun with the game, that's the point, to have fun. You have people complaining and bitching in here who have NEVER played the game. Look through this and the impressions, most of the people complaining haven't played the game. Phobia, a guy who has the game and knows boxing, still enjoys the game. Why? Because it's a fun game. We've even posted videos in the impressions thread to actually show stamina does in fact work. I tell you what, the people who were complaining before, havent been on there complaining since those videos were posted. If you like the game and enjoy it, I'd stay away from these threads. If you don't have the game, and not intentions on getting it, why are you posting?

# 31 TracerBullet @ 03/10/11 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Wasn't EA MMA developed by the Tiberon office? Even so, you would think EAC could reach out to them for advice on how to fix it.

Saying that, I think you're 2nd statement is more accurate. They know all the 12-year-olds who have unlimited access to mommy's credit card will cry and whine if they're not allowed to spam hundreds of hooks over and over again.

I would be that's the real reason stamina and accuracy are the way they are.
It's just too bad the sliders don't work.
I think this is the first time I've ever heard anyone say EAC should get help from Tiburon . Guess we need to write this moment downfor the history books. I loved EA MMA's stamina though so I do agree.

I'm enjoying the game so far though and haven't ran into any major issues imo.

# 32 Money99 @ 03/10/11 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I mean this with all due respect, dont worry about it. As much as I love OS, I'm convinced people sour on games because of some people on here. I ultimately have fun with the game, that's the point, to have fun. You have people complaining and bitching in here who have NEVER played the game. Look through this and the impressions, most of the people complaining haven't played the game. Phobia, a guy who has the game and knows boxing, still enjoys the game. Why? Because it's a fun game. We've even posted videos in the impressions thread to actually show stamina does in fact work. I tell you what, the people who were complaining before, havent been on there complaining since those videos were posted. If you like the game and enjoy it, I'd stay away from these threads. If you don't have the game, and not intentions on getting it, why are you posting?
At the same time, I'm not sure I've read a single positive post from Phobia in the last 3 or 4 days.

The people who haven't liked the game share the same opinions as I do. So I know if they don't like it, I probably won't either.
I'll wait to rent or buy when it's cheap.

# 33 DaveDQ @ 03/10/11 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Very true. When we start seeing posts like, "I feel bad for those who bought it" it just shows how sour things can get. I'm really enjoying the game. But to start acting like the ones who are should be given sympathy is implying they made a bad decision. Sure it has some issues, but sometimes we just take things to deep and act like it's life and death.

# 34 TheShizNo1 @ 03/10/11 04:45 PM
Quote:
At the same time, I'm not sure I've read a single positive post from Phobia in the last 3 or 4 days.

The people who haven't liked the game share the same opinions as I do. So I know if they don't like it, I probably won't either.
He said numerous times he's enjoying the game. Is he supposed to say that everyday? The impressions thread has positive comments, they get over shadowed by the same people's negative comments.

# 35 Phobia @ 03/10/11 05:35 PM
Quote:

Not entirely true Money. I have my MAJOR issues with OWC and micro-transactions, I have stated those LOUD and proud. I also have issues with them not fixing the sliders, which I have also stated here and to EA devs. But outside of those things I really do like the game. I think it is a great game and I enjoy playing it. But like most EA games, they are fun and they are good. But they always fall short of becoming cult classics or AKA AMAZING.

So while you are correct I do have things about the game that I dislike. I really do think the game is great, it just fell short like most EA games from becoming that much better

# 36 fistofrage @ 03/10/11 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Not entirely true Money. I have my MAJOR issues with OWC and micro-transactions, I have stated those LOUD and proud. I also have issues with them not fixing the sliders, which I have also stated here and to EA devs. But outside of those things I really do like the game. I think it is a great game and I enjoy playing it. But like most EA games, they are fun and they are good. But they always fall short of becoming cult classics or AKA AMAZING.

So while you are correct I do have things about the game that I dislike. I really do think the game is great, it just fell short like most EA games from becoming that much better
Thats where I am at too. I play it and its fun but at the same time I'm disappointed that the game doesn't have realsitic punch output and stamina. The Shiz and Phobia have shown that stamina does work to a degree, but it is still busted. I could show you video after video going into the 10th round where my Heavyweight is at 80+ stamina despite averaging 75 punches per round. The Human stamina is even more of a factor than the AI. I want to have to use clinching as a strategy and really be judicious when I let my hands fly. Thats simply not the case in this game. Watch their videos where boxers do tire its non-stop flurry.

Its frustrating, all they have to do is make 2 sliders work, and pretty much everyone's happy except for the OWC steroid pack opposers.

# 37 Vast @ 03/10/11 06:20 PM
Does the accuracy slider work??

# 38 fistofrage @ 03/10/11 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Does the accuracy slider work??
Not that I can tell, so yeah, they need to fix that too.

# 39 Vast @ 03/10/11 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Not that I can tell, so yeah, they need to fix that too.
Thanks for clarifying. That is the most important slider for me. No purchase until that is fixed. And i heard they will not fix it sooo.....

# 40 edaddy @ 03/10/11 06:48 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but wasnt the stamina issue fixed in the demo with a simple tuner update?..If so why in the world isnt Ea doing any tuner updates thus far?...simple stamina and accurracy tuner update would go a long way in pleasing disgruntled gamers...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.