Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Winning one million dollars can mean the world to someone. That someone could win it in the lottery, in a cereal box contest or, like Wade McGilberry, by playing MLB 2K10.

McGilberry is last year's winner of the MLB 2K10 Million Dollar Perfect Game Competition, which awarded him with one million dollars for being the first to pitch a perfect game in last year's game.

"I'm a pretty low key guy, I didn't really have a loud shout of joy," said McGilberry. "It was just like 'oh my gosh, I can't believe this happened.' It was a very unreal moment. The code appeared to enter online, and when I saw that, I knew I had to hurry and [enter the code] before someone else got to it."

In other words, he received a bank-load of money for being really damn good at playing a video game.

Surprisingly, 2K10 was the first game from the series McGilberry bought. Before 2K10, the last baseball game he played was from the All-Star Baseball series, which has been dead since 2005.

Read More - One Year Later: How One Man Won $1 Million in MLB 2K10

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 HK-47 @ 03/10/11 04:42 PM
lol, I just realized he's in the game. He's a CF for the Salt Lake Bees(Angels AAA team).

# 2 bradleyhutchison @ 03/10/11 04:44 PM
I love that he used Kenshin Kawakami to win the million dollar prize.

# 3 GrandMaster B @ 03/10/11 04:45 PM
Once again the woman dictating what you can and can't do with the money that you won. lol

# 4 StraightEdge @ 03/10/11 04:47 PM
When you pitch a perfect game, can it be on any difficulty? I'm assuming you obviously can't alter the sliders from default, right? Like, you couldn't alter the CPU's contact/ power to 0 I'm assuming lol.

# 5 SuperKyle @ 03/10/11 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge
When you pitch a perfect game, can it be on any difficulty? I'm assuming you obviously can't alter the sliders from default, right? Like, you couldn't alter the CPU's contact/ power to 0 I'm assuming lol.
IIRC from last year, there is a separate difficulty level for the challenge. Maybe even a separate mode from the play now menu. You are correct in assuming that it can't be done with sliders modified and/or on easy.

# 6 StraightEdge @ 03/10/11 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKyle
IIRC from last year, there is a separate difficulty level for the challenge. Maybe even a separate mode from the play now menu. You are correct in assuming that it can't be done with sliders modified and/or on easy.
Thanks. That's what I thought...I don't play the 2K series anymore, but the contest intrigued me when I first heard about it. Also, can you use any pitcher and team? Like, could I pitch as Roy Halladay against the Pirates or Royals or a team with poor hitting?

# 7 Spanky @ 03/10/11 05:08 PM
Wish they would have invested the $1 million (not to mention however much money they spent in promotions patting themselves on the back for giving it away) on perfecting this game instead.

# 8 stlstudios189 @ 03/10/11 05:30 PM
The prize $$ is paid by an insurance company. Buy the Harley man

# 9 N51_rob @ 03/10/11 11:17 PM
Was this an article found somewhere or was this an OS interview. If it was an OS interview, good job nice read.

# 10 DustinT @ 03/11/11 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Was this an article found somewhere or was this an OS interview. If it was an OS interview, good job nice read.
Yes, I conducted the interview and wrote the story. The guy was totally laid back...great conversation.

# 11 labguy @ 03/11/11 09:07 AM
....but if you try sometimes you just might find
you get what you need!

# 12 FunkeyMonkey @ 03/11/11 09:56 AM
Nice article. Cool he used Kenshin Kawakami .

# 13 Blazzen @ 03/11/11 10:02 AM
KK's 12-6 Curveball in MLB2K10 was unhittable - doesn't surprise me this is who he used.

# 14 Qb @ 03/11/11 01:49 PM
What, no gold-plated rocket car? C'mon, Wade... live a little!

# 15 rckabillyRaider @ 03/12/11 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymaker52
If you want the million dollars just pitch as Roy Holladay or any pitcher for that matter against the my Mariners. Seriously if you can't pitch a no-no against the M's then you should probably stop trying and then give up video games for ever.
So enter the contest and you'll win. No doubt about it. Right?

# 16 KleShreen @ 03/12/11 04:59 PM
The perfect game had to be recorded via video, right? Is there a copy of his version online somewhere for people to watch? Would be pretty cool, I think.

# 17 WarEagleTom @ 03/13/11 05:56 PM
I would have had to go out and buy the Harley immediately after those comments

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.