Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Over the next 5 weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in NCAA Football 12.

New offensive plays will be shown every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while a new defensive play every Tuesday and Thursday. Each new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to NCAA Football 12.

Play #1 features the Pistol Full House HB Off Tackle.

Quote:
"Pistol Full House HB Off Tackle – The Pistol Full House, aka the Diamond formation, was first unveiled last season by Oklahoma State and was later adopted by other teams across the country. A staple play of the three back pistol set is the HB Off Tackle play.

Do you see yourself running the Pistol Full House HB Off Tackle in NCAA Football 12? Which teams do you think are best equipped to run this play?"

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jboss13 @ 03/14/11 12:58 PM
Beat me to it, but only 25? I hope not...

# 2 huntt26 @ 03/14/11 12:59 PM
Would be nice to see it in action!

# 3 illwill10 @ 03/14/11 01:00 PM
I want to see a game photo of the formation

# 4 jboss13 @ 03/14/11 01:01 PM
Exactly, why cant we just get a screenshot already?

# 5 TrojanMan3 @ 03/14/11 01:02 PM
Screenshot coming today

# 6 jboss13 @ 03/14/11 01:02 PM
Isnt there a blog coming shortly?

# 7 Solidice @ 03/14/11 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboss13
they probably just chose 25 to showcase. they added the Pistol Full House formation, and that alone could have 12-20 plays in it, so I doubt there are only 25 total new plays.

# 8 illwill10 @ 03/14/11 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
custom playbook is in this year
is there a link

# 9 rollinphat @ 03/14/11 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
is there a link
yeah...go to ea's homepage for ncaa football and in the bottom right corner you will see a pic that has TEAM BUILDER at the top. inside you see "select this as your base playbook".

why else do i need a "base playbook" unless i'm able to add and remove formations from it?

# 10 Palo20 @ 03/14/11 02:35 PM
Quote:
yeah...go to ea's homepage for ncaa football and in the bottom right corner you will see a pic that has TEAM BUILDER at the top. inside you see "select this as your base playbook".

why else do i need a "base playbook" unless i'm able to add and remove formations from it?
Because if you're creating a new team, you need to assign that team a playbook; that would be your "base" playbook. I definitely wouldn't imply that custom playbook is in.

# 11 Solidice @ 03/14/11 02:37 PM
Quote:

well, in NCAA 11 Dynasty mode, you can pick a "base" defense in coach philosophy. could be just a wording thing.

I hope that custom playbooks does make it in though.

# 12 rollinphat @ 03/14/11 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Because if you're creating a new team, you need to assign that team a playbook; that would be your "base" playbook. I definitely wouldn't imply that custom playbook is in.
Then it would just be called your team playbook like it was in ncaa11.
I might be wrong, but I hope that I'm not. Either way, there is no way that custom playbooks don't make it in this year.

# 13 illwill10 @ 03/14/11 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
well, in NCAA 11 Dynasty mode, you can pick a "base" defense in coach philosophy. could be just a wording thing.

I hope that custom playbooks does make it in though.
One of my 3 main things that would hinder my decision. Custom playbooks should be in especially after 120 ways to win. I want my own way to win.

# 14 steelers1 @ 03/14/11 03:09 PM
25 isn't nearly enough. I hope they have custom playbooks.

# 15 GoToledo @ 03/14/11 04:34 PM
I hope there are also new special teams plays. At least some reverse and fake-reverse returns. ST needs a lot more love than the offense and defense in this series.

# 16 Dewiel @ 03/14/11 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboss13
These are just 25 that we are showing right now. There will be more new plays in the game. I do not have a number to share right now, but rest assured that there will be more than 25 new plays.

# 17 Slaticus @ 03/14/11 05:19 PM
Gentlemen, I would like to point out that Pistol Full house is a formation.

Now before I get blasted by some people pointing out the South Carolina's Polecat formation was hidden in a certain set, I would like to make a counter point. THe polecat set is very limited in what one can do from it. A draw, bubble screens, and a few other basic plays. The Full House has been in use for a long time and was, at one point, a very popular offense.

# 18 jboss13 @ 03/14/11 06:27 PM
Quote:
These are just 25 that we are showing right now. There will be more new plays in the game. I do not have a number to share right now, but rest assured that there will be more than 25 new plays.
Hey man wont be suprised if you cant answer this, but there wouldnt happen to be the swinging gate formation for extra points would there?

# 19 khaliib @ 03/14/11 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
I hope there are also new special teams plays. At least some reverse and fake-reverse returns. ST needs a lot more love than the offense and defense in this series.
Asking anything about Special Teams is a big NO-NO

You must don't know that Special Teams has nothing to do with Authentic Football.

Can't believe you mentioned something about Special Teams.

Shame on you!!!

About the playbooks, EA still refuses to attach the playbooks to the Head Coach/Off-Def Coordinator as in real life instead of belonging just to that school in the game.

Wait, that would mean having a Coaching Carousel in order to do it this way.

One question!!!
How is the Defense going to stop more Offensive plays when you couldn't stop the Offense before the addition of these added plays?

The D got handled by an any rated Off-player with any play called or we had to bump the sliders, only to have Psychic defensive play.

Hope we're not going back to the '09 version that was all about the Offense.

# 20 michfan16 @ 03/14/11 08:46 PM
Here is the formation

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.