Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

For $2.99, you can grab the MLB 11 The Show dynamic theme for your favorite MLB team.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 EnigmaNemesis @ 03/16/11 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
Yep, gotta love add ons lol. Trying to get people to turn what is supposed to be a $60 purchase into $200!
I tried to analyze your mathematical formula, but it did not compute.

$60 plus a $3 theme (which is not an add-on but optional for viewing pleasure) = $200?!

# 42 Blzer @ 03/17/11 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I tried to analyze your mathematical formula, but it did not compute.

$60 plus a $3 theme (which is not an add-on but optional for viewing pleasure) = $200?!

He was talking about the percentage increase, which would actually be closer to $180 unless you include tax as well. I would make the same argument, and in fact I did when McDonald's increased their price of double cheeseburgers 20% (that is, from $1.00 to $1.20).

# 43 WAZ @ 03/17/11 05:32 PM
I caved and bought the Wrigley one. Minor detail is it looks like these were made before some of the final stadium fixes, so the scoreboard still has bats for the hands on the clock (and lower case letters (d'oh), but that's the same as in-game and you can't really see it anyway). But looks cool! Moving clouds, night transition. I'll take it for 3 bucks.

It would be REALLY sweet if the day-night cycle was truly 24 hours, not just a day and a night scene. Especially since the cloud cover and sunsets/transitions look so great in the game.

# 44 WAZ @ 03/17/11 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Effect
One thing that may be annoying is the sounds and the cheer after each time you click on an icon. Wish there was a way to disable the sounds.
You can disable the menu sounds. Sadly it doesn't look like you can go back to the plain default clicks (which I greatly prefer to the crowd cheering clip).

But under the XMB settings > Sound Settings, I believe, there's an option to turn off "Key Tones". This will make it totally silent.

# 45 TigersMG @ 03/17/11 05:46 PM
I picked up the Tigers theme and like it but the worst part of this is when using the PS3 Browser the background is pink.

# 46 Brandwin @ 03/17/11 10:31 PM
I got the Rangers one, very nice.

One small complaint, it's hard to read the words that are in front of the stadium lights.

# 47 Timmer015 @ 03/17/11 10:46 PM
Hmm, I was thinking about picking up the Fenway one, until I saw that video. How can you do a background for Fenway Park, and now show the Green Monster? Can someone please tell me how that's possible?

I also don't like the idea of the crowd cheering, or a silent menu. Sadly I guess I'm going to have to pass on this.

That being said, they do look nice. Great job as always SCEA

# 48 SmashMan @ 03/18/11 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigersMG
I picked up the Tigers theme and like it but the worst part of this is when using the PS3 Browser the background is pink.
That's because the PS3 defaults the XMB when in the web browser, no matter the theme.

It's pink because we're in the middle of March and it's beginning the color transition to April. Set your theme settings back to default and notice that it's a mix of green (March's color) and pink (April).

# 49 TigersMG @ 03/18/11 01:09 AM
Well I don't know if thats right but it did help me. Saw that it set itself to pink so I just changed it back to blue.

# 50 Blzer @ 03/18/11 02:51 AM
Quote:
I should have mentioned in my video that you can change this as well. Problem is I don't know what's the best look for it; pink almost looks right for it IMO.

# 51 TigersMG @ 03/18/11 04:49 AM
I like blue, wish there was a black though

# 52 Polo Bandit @ 03/18/11 11:48 AM
Paying for themes goes against everything I believe in, but I caved in and bought the Astros one. Best $2.99 I ever spent.

# 53 Blzer @ 03/18/11 11:54 AM
Quote:
I like blue, wish there was a black though
Yeah, I was looking for a black as well to complement the Giants' colors. Orange would work for me, like blue does for you, if it was a matching orange. Low and behold however, it is not. I would prefer having a darker color anyway, so I'm probably not going to stick with pink.

# 54 TigersMG @ 03/18/11 04:26 PM
Yeah I never understood why there was never a default black. I think PS3, the first color I would think of is black. But no big deal I guess.

# 55 gopadres @ 03/19/11 12:13 AM
I think 2.99 is worth it for an entire baseball season. Petco park here I come!

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.