Home
SBK 2011 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: SBK 2011Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
SBK 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BIG CAROLINA @ 03/17/11 10:40 PM
Can't wait for this to come out, hopefully it is released here in the States at the same time the rest of the world gets it.
But most likely just like the past 2 years I will be importing this on the PS3 again (What a shame being that we actually host a race in this country).

# 2 mrlux @ 03/18/11 07:09 AM
Yeah I know what you mean but luckily when i imported mine last year, it actually came pretty fast considering it was shipping from Hong Kong(came in like 6 business days) plus it didnt cost as much. Keeps fingers crossed for a worldwide release.

# 3 LucianoJJ @ 03/18/11 11:06 AM
Nice commercial. The "marketing guru" looks like a cross between Woody Allen and Bill Gates. I've checked out SBK in the past. Hope this means I'll be able to find it, with a wider, more timely release.

# 4 Kruza @ 03/20/11 10:48 AM
Thanks for posting the SBK 2011 trailer video, Steve.

On a related note, the crew at TeamVVV has an early version of SBK 2011 and has been posting gameplay footage of it on YouTube. Three preview videos have been uploaded so far by these guys. The gameplay video featuring the Imola track is shown below. Videos featuring the Donington and Valencia tracks are also out. Just search for the TeamVVV user name to find them.

Boy, is the Imola track tough. Heh, I have completed three years in my career in SBK X and this is the only place where I have yet to finish an endurance race (Real number of laps). I've had some spectacular crashes here during a race that injured my rider and ultimately forced immediate retirement. I also had a crash during the first Free Practice session that was so brutal that my rider was unavailable to race in the following Qualifying session along with the second Free Practice session. So I was forced to start at the back of the grid for the actual race and only had a brief Warm Up session to prepare. At any rate, I noticed that a chicane has been included near the start/finish line sector in SBK 2011 to accommodate for the recent renovations that this track has undergone. The Imola track featured in SBK X is based on 2009 version.

Kruza

# 5 NINJAK2 @ 03/21/11 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
Thanks for posting the SBK 2011 trailer video, Steve.

On a related note, the crew at TeamVVV has an early version of SBK 2011 and has been posting gameplay footage of it on YouTube. Three preview videos have been uploaded so far by these guys. The gameplay video featuring the Imola track is shown below. Videos featuring the Donington and Valencia tracks are also out. Just search for the TeamVVV user name to find them.

Boy, is the Imola track tough. Heh, I have completed three years in my career in SBK X and this is the only place where I have yet to finish an endurance race (Real number of laps). I've had some spectacular crashes here during a race that injured my rider and ultimately forced immediate retirement. I also had a crash during the first Free Practice session that was so brutal that my rider was unavailable to race in the following Qualifying session along with the second Free Practice session. So I was forced to start at the back of the grid for the actual race and only had a brief Warm Up session to prepare. At any rate, I noticed that a chicane has been included near the start/finish line sector in SBK 2011 to accommodate for the recent renovations that this track has undergone. The Imola track featured in SBK X is based on 2009 version.

Kruza
Wow the rider animations look great. I hope I get good trade value on sbk x(it did just come out in the states 2 1/2 months ago.)

# 6 BIG CAROLINA @ 05/05/11 04:41 PM
Just ordered mine on monday and it already shipped (game does not release til next week, good to know people sometimes). I got confirmation that once again there will be no world-wide release (atleast not in the USA).

Also found out the XBOX 360 version is NOT region free, so I had to go the PS3 route.

# 7 Rules @ 05/05/11 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
Just ordered mine on monday and it already shipped (game does not release til next week, good to know people sometimes). I got confirmation that once again there will be no world-wide release (atleast not in the USA).

Also found out the XBOX 360 version is NOT region free, so I had to go the PS3 route.
It is due out in a week so many overseas stores will ship at this time knowing most will not be playing it until the release date. How much and which store if you don't mind me asking? If you think it is questionable to say then pm me if you get a chance.

# 8 Rules @ 05/06/11 11:21 AM
Doesn't look like a US release date is in sight. Just picked up a copy from the UK.

# 9 BIG CAROLINA @ 05/13/11 12:02 PM
This is by far and away the best SBK to date IMO. The handling feels like Moto GP 08 but improved (so if you are a fan of GP 08 you will love it). Full Sim feels like SBK X's Med Sim which makes it a little hard to fall but if you push the limits you will fall. The bikes are much quicker than X when it comes to changing directions.

The riders have more lean angles than X (one of the things I hated in X). The loading times are much quicker also which is always a good thing.

The track models look much improved vs X and the bikes and riders are alot more detailed also. SBK Tour mode is addicting and will really help new riders get to grips with the game.

Monza has the new chicane at Variante del Rettifilo (turn 1) which is a much needed track addition (much faster tipping through there now).

Still early on being that I just got the game yesterday but so far so good. Spent over 5 hours playing yesterday and wanted to put in more time but the Bulls and Redwing game was coming so I put it down.

# 10 BIG CAROLINA @ 05/14/11 11:08 AM

# 11 Rules @ 05/15/11 09:08 AM
Wow, on the hardest "Real" settings this is the most difficult racing game I have ever played. Sure I could move it down a level or make adjustments but it is extremely rewarding when you do well just getting thru a simple corner.

This game is good........."real" good!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.