Home
Madden 12 News Post

The Madden NFL 12 cover athlete will be chosen, via a 32 player bracket style voting system. Kotaku has the scoop.

Click here, to view all of the Madden NFL 12 cover candidates, which includes "The 12th Man" for the Seahawks.

Quote:
"Last year, EA Sports held a three-way voting competition for the Madden NFL 11 cover, which Brees won easily. The bracket idea is a shrewd move, coming at a time when much of the United States is consumed by picking brackets for the NCAA basketball tournament. EA Sports also needs a little more of a spark - and a long-lasting, visible campaign reminding fans that Madden NFL 12 will release as planned - as an off-putting labor dispute between NFL players and owners wears on."

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 FroznYogurt @ 03/21/11 09:09 AM
I'm guessing this is the supposed "big news". The video coming out today will probably be talking about it.

# 2 roadman @ 03/21/11 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FroznYogurt
I'm guessing this is the supposed "big news". The video coming out today will probably be talking about it.
This week is supposed to be a trailer too.

# 3 brza37 @ 03/21/11 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
http://kotaku.com/#!5783810/michael-vick-a-candidate-for-madden-nfl-12-cover-in-32+player-vote+off

None of the links in the article are working yet, but I just saw this article on Kotaku.
beat me to it. Just wanted to post.
According to adembroski's comment saturday the trailer would be reassuring for us
OSers while this cover tourney announcement is again aimed at the general public.
Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer for the trailer.

# 4 jmurphy31 @ 03/21/11 09:18 AM
I couldnt even imagine 32 players to be in a tournament for voting. I would think 8 at the most would be best....

@Roadman...Is there a trailer this week or are you talking about the teaser?

# 5 roadman @ 03/21/11 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I couldnt even imagine 32 players to be in a tournament for voting. I would think 8 at the most would be best....

Whatever Phil mentioned, a teaser video.

# 6 RGiles36 @ 03/21/11 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
beat me to it. Just wanted to post.
According to adembroski's comment yesterday where he said something to the effect of OSers would also be reassured with the announcement, I think we'll get some more info than just the standard cover athlete selection though... Hopefully...
That's my interpretation as well...

# 7 brza37 @ 03/21/11 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31

I'm guessing one player from each team will be available for the voting. There are only a few that will have a genuine chance to win but from a marketing perspective to go with the March Madness theme and not leaving out anyone's favorite team it makes sense.

# 8 jmurphy31 @ 03/21/11 09:35 AM
Quote:
I'm guessing one player from each team will be available for the voting. There are only a few that will have a genuine chance to win but from a marketing perspective to go with the March Madness theme and not leaving out anyone's favorite team it makes sense.
Good point about every team being represented. It will be interesting to say the least who they choose from certain teams..

# 9 Hova57 @ 03/21/11 09:45 AM
I hope they have some defensive guys in their too not just all offense or should I say just wr,rbs and qb

# 10 RGiles36 @ 03/21/11 09:47 AM
Quote:
Yea, but to a conspiracy theorist like myself (sometimes anyway lol), let's say Ryan Fitzpatrick is in the voting pool and he wins. Do we not think that marketing would have the results "tweaked" so that a more marketable cover athlete is used?

I like the voting process -- it's great marketing. I just wonder what would happen behind the scenes if an anomaly took place .

# 11 roadman @ 03/21/11 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
I hope they have some defensive guys in their too not just all offense or should I say just wr,rbs and qb
Julius Peppers is in there.

# 12 Tengo Juego @ 03/21/11 09:56 AM
So I'm guessing all 32 players have been contacted and agreed to be on the cover, should they win.

# 13 illwill10 @ 03/21/11 10:28 AM
"Green Bay Packers quarterback and Super Bowl XLV MVP Aaron Rodgers, former Madden NFL cover athletes Drew Brees (quarterback, New Orleans Saints) and a wave of NFL stars including Michael Vick (quarterback, Philadelphia Eagles), Maurice Jones-Drew (running back, Jacksonville Jaguars), Adrian Peterson (running back, Minnesota Vikings) and Julius Peppers (defensive end, Chicago Bears) are among the 32 candidates. "

# 14 illwill10 @ 03/21/11 10:32 AM
"
FillychezeFillycheze@

@RealAlexLukmann We're hoping for tomorrow morning, pending some internal approvals."
On the topic of the Teaser.

# 15 TDKing @ 03/21/11 10:35 AM
I'm voting for all the Defensive players !
PS.. IMO they are going to pick who they want anyway.

# 16 oneamongthefence @ 03/21/11 10:51 AM
Former Madden covers should be excluded but that's just me.

# 17 Hova57 @ 03/21/11 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I'm voting for all the Defensive players !
PS.. IMO they are going to pick who they want anyway.
I'm with you , I'm not even picking Vick . All the defensive players I get tired in EA covers always the wr and qb and rb . every once in a while they go with defense. I think Arakpo was the first and only for NCAA Ray and Troy for madden

# 18 statum71 @ 03/21/11 11:06 AM
I'm beyond disappointed.

The cover athlete is NOT big news.

# 19 The GIGGAS @ 03/21/11 11:14 AM
Voting for MoJo.

# 20 Nature_Boy @ 03/21/11 11:25 AM

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.