Home
Madden 12 News Post

The Madden NFL 12 cover athlete will be chosen, via a 32 player bracket style voting system. Kotaku has the scoop.

Click here, to view all of the Madden NFL 12 cover candidates, which includes "The 12th Man" for the Seahawks.

Quote:
"Last year, EA Sports held a three-way voting competition for the Madden NFL 11 cover, which Brees won easily. The bracket idea is a shrewd move, coming at a time when much of the United States is consumed by picking brackets for the NCAA basketball tournament. EA Sports also needs a little more of a spark - and a long-lasting, visible campaign reminding fans that Madden NFL 12 will release as planned - as an off-putting labor dispute between NFL players and owners wears on."

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 mm boost @ 03/21/11 01:16 PM
just thought of something with the whole Madden Curse thing. Drew Brees made the cover in 11, but he didn't suffer any type of injury so the curse didn't hold.

HOWEVER, he is THE one leading voice in this whole lockout thing, and we can prolly give him many thanks for the work stoppage. So maybe the curse did come true, just in a different form? I am sure a lot of people are not exactly happy with him.

# 42 SteelerSpartan @ 03/21/11 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
This is rigged. EA already knows who is the cover boy.
yeah.....let the over hyping of Madden begin

hope Ward doesn't even win a round

# 43 Chrisksaint @ 03/21/11 01:25 PM
If Brees wins again I'll riot like it's 2012 already. I'm torn between Josh Freeman, Matt Ryan,Vick, or Tebow and that's not because I want to see them get their publicity

# 44 bigdipper88 @ 03/21/11 01:32 PM
Who cares who's on the cover...they could put a kicker & ppl would still buy it..heck, if they put Ty Wiggington on the cover of The Show, I'd still buy it no matter what..covers are overrated & ridiculous that it comes to a voting tourny.....

# 45 kingkilla56 @ 03/21/11 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
I totally agree. Wish they would spend their innovative efforts on something else, say, um, the GAME.
You would think guys like these get tired of pastin gthe same generic posts all the freaking time.....

# 46 roadman @ 03/21/11 01:43 PM
Here's a decent write-up on the match ups.

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...more=fullstory

# 47 The GIGGAS @ 03/21/11 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
You would think guys like these get tired of pastin gthe same generic posts all the freaking time.....
I'm just going to start reporting them for being trolling.

Either way, I think the concept is pretty cool. Go MoJo.

# 48 roadman @ 03/21/11 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
I totally agree. Wish they would spend their innovative efforts on something else, say, um, the GAME.
You'll need to wait like , say, um, the rest of us.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-3-months.html

# 49 jagsrock95 @ 03/21/11 01:58 PM
MOJO all the way

# 50 FroznYogurt @ 03/21/11 02:15 PM
I hope Jordan Gross, Jake Long, or the 12th man wins just to see what would happen! Although if the 12th man won, wouldn't that curse all Seattle Seahawk fans?

# 51 kehlis @ 03/21/11 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FroznYogurt
I hope Jordan Gross or the 12th man wins just to see what would happen! Although if the 12th man won, wouldn't that curse all Seattle Seahawk fans?
Haven't Seahawk fans been cursed for awhile now?

# 52 ProfessaPackMan @ 03/21/11 02:34 PM
I'll vote for Mr. Vick because I'll be damned if I'll have A-Rod on the cover of this.

So please everyone, do NOT vote for Mr. Rodgers. I BEG of you, PLEASE!!!!

# 53 bigdipper88 @ 03/21/11 02:43 PM
In no way was any1 trolling...I'm just saying, they could just put a football on the cover & every1 would still buy it

# 54 statum71 @ 03/21/11 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Then don't vote and wait for the "teaser video" tomorrow morning.
I'm just going off what EA said......

"big, prehaps reasurring news coming Monday."

Today is Monday ya know.

# 55 TripleCrown9 @ 03/21/11 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
just thought of something with the whole Madden Curse thing. Drew Brees made the cover in 11, but he didn't suffer any type of injury so the curse didn't hold.

HOWEVER, he is THE one leading voice in this whole lockout thing, and we can prolly give him many thanks for the work stoppage. So maybe the curse did come true, just in a different form? I am sure a lot of people are not exactly happy with him.
But he did lose to arguably the worst playoff team in the history of professional sports. The curse isn't just indicative of injury.

# 56 Pared @ 03/21/11 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
In no way was any1 trolling...I'm just saying, they could just put a football on the cover & every1 would still buy it
Ok - you've made your point.

Let it go and get back to discussing the thread. Thanks.

# 57 roadman @ 03/21/11 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I'm just going off what EA said......

"big, prehaps reasurring news coming Monday."

Today is Monday ya know.
Phil said last week that teaser video would be available early next week. Today, he said they are aiming for tomorrow pending on approvals.

The big Monday news also mentioned "you all are involved." That could only mean we have a choice on who belongs on the cover.

# 58 ammofan @ 03/21/11 03:07 PM
Lets Go Tebow!!!!!!!!!!

# 59 canes21 @ 03/21/11 03:20 PM
If Orakpo does win I will buy every user that posts in this topic they voted for him a copy of the game.

# 60 roadman @ 03/21/11 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
If Orakpo does win I will buy every user that posts in this topic they voted for him a copy of the game.
I voted for him, time for some defensive players in the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.