Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 321 Blazelore @ 03/27/11 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailtodemskins
i saw player tendencies hopefully for franchise mode....and i like the hot/cold streak....and custom playbook.......IM SOLD
I dont see why everyone is making a big deal about the hot and cold streaks. That was in Madden 2000! The ratings were dynamic based on the players' play. That feature is from 11 years ago! I hope that have improved upon it to say the least!

# 322 CM Hooe @ 03/27/11 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
I dont see why everyone is making a big deal about the hot and cold streaks. That was in Madden 2000! The ratings were dynamic based on the players' play. That feature is from 11 years ago! I hope that have improved upon it to say the least!
So because EA already implemented the feature in a game they released twelve years ago they shouldn't bother with it at all? What are you trying to argue here?

The feature hasn't been in a next-gen Madden game, and now it appears that it will be. To knock EA for adding a feature to franchise mode, which is what we all wanted them to do anyway, is counterproductive at best.

# 323 rangerrick012 @ 03/28/11 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
So because EA already implemented the feature in a game they released twelve years ago they shouldn't bother with it at all? What are you trying to argue here?

The feature hasn't been in a next-gen Madden game, and now it appears that it will be. To knock EA for adding a feature to franchise mode, which is what we all wanted them to do anyway, is counterproductive at best.
I think he was more making the point that this is just another feature that was in for the last gen Madden and is just now after 7 years or so making it's way to next gen. You may be more forgiving for the Madden team finally getting these things in (better late then never I guess), but others are less forgiving and more cynical at this point about the Madden series, which I don't blame them for. It's hard for some (myself included to some extent) to believe that it takes 7 years to add things to Madden that were already there last gen. But again, if the 'better late than never' is the philosophy you have, so be it.

# 324 Hova57 @ 03/28/11 02:45 PM
This place cracks me up every year I see they need to add stuff from last gen back, but when they do people get pissed that they did and passed it off as a feature. its a new feature for current gen and to some who don't play madden yearly. Its stayed in NCAA over the long term and never was advertised in the beginning. some have no idea what effects it has on the game.

# 325 poisedjase @ 03/29/11 05:33 PM
custom players = great news

i just wonder if madden will let u use custom plays for online play like head to head or online franchise
or how it will work for team play will custom plays work for all that

or r they going screw us over on the custom plays like madden did with madden 09 where u buy the collection edition and u could use it and just not online this just scares me

im not a big madden fan like i use to be but only reason i buy madden these days is to play team play if they ever take that mode out im done with madden

please madden make the custom plays work for online team play as well make it will the qb use his play book and his custom plays and the LB use his play book and his custom plays and dont change team play at all cause love the way it is

only thing u need to is make a leader board for team play

# 326 over9000yards @ 03/30/11 01:56 AM
If there are hot and cold streaks, I will not buy this game. I have Madden 10 for PSP and that is one of the stupidest parts of that game. Your backups will always be cold, despite the fact that they haven't done anything bad/good, because well, they're backups. And QBs can be "on fire" despite being down by 30+ points, all because they have a bunch of garbage-time stats.

# 327 roadman @ 03/30/11 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
I think he was more making the point that this is just another feature that was in for the last gen Madden and is just now after 7 years or so making it's way to next gen. You may be more forgiving for the Madden team finally getting these things in (better late then never I guess), but others are less forgiving and more cynical at this point about the Madden series, which I don't blame them for. It's hard for some (myself included to some extent) to believe that it takes 7 years to add things to Madden that were already there last gen. But again, if the 'better late than never' is the philosophy you have, so be it.
I don't think it's the "better late than never" philosophy with people and I feel forgiving is not the right word, either. It goes back to the old cliche, "You can't cry over spilled milk."

Decisions that were made several years ago that I can't or couldn't control(except for not buying the game) I don't let that bother me. People are different, it may bother them for several years, which is fine. If it rains or snows on Friday, it may bother me, but it's out of my control.

There are things that bother me regarding Madden, but the only voice I have is through the wallet.

I do see both sides of the fence.

Custom playbooks is something I've been looking forward to. Need to wait and see what else is in store.

# 328 guaps @ 03/30/11 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
It's hard for some (myself included to some extent) to believe that it takes 7 years to add things to Madden that were already there last gen.
You can include me in the mix as well.

When I look at other sports video games, they weren't perfect in the first versions of current generation consoles, but they were still fun and very playable.

I remember that FIFA 07 on Xbox 360 (this was before the PS3 launch) was built from scratch and therefore lacked some features from last-gen and had fewer teams (only 6 leagues of teams) to choose from, but it had so much potential that it didn't really matter much - gameplay was fun, but not better than last-gen. Then came FIFA 08 with all its features and 600+ teams (15,000+ players) and everybody kinda forgot about FIFA 07 and previous editions and Pro Evolution Soccer (which didn't transition to current-gen as smoothly) and moved forward from there. The latest edition of FIFA (FIFA 11) has won over 50 video game awards and deserves every single one of them in my opinion.

With Madden the game still suffers from mistakes made years and years ago, that weren't fixed immediately and/or forgotten about for years. Unlike FIFA, where FIFA 08 stopped everybody from comparing the game with old editions and the competition, Madden has yet to so the same. People are still missing features and gameplay from last-gen, have yet to see things in Madden that the competition did on last-gen consoles, and now some have started comparing the newest current-gen (10 and 11) with the old current-gen games (08 and 09) for gameplay features/elements removed or missing from the game.

To me that shows that something went completely wrong when EA got the exclusive agreement with the NFL. They stopped caring about improving the game and went in all different directions at the same time, instead of working on delivering the best game possible.

I feel that the game has a direction now with the current team, but I'm not in the 'better-late-than-never' camp. I don't want to wait until next-gen Madden before Tiburon delivers.

# 329 da ThRONe @ 03/30/11 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
You can include me in the mix as well.

When I look at other sports video games, they weren't perfect in the first versions of current generation consoles, but they were still fun and very playable.

I remember that FIFA 07 on Xbox 360 (this was before the PS3 launch) was built from scratch and therefore lacked some features from last-gen and had fewer teams (only 6 leagues of teams) to choose from, but it had so much potential that it didn't really matter much - gameplay was fun, but not better than last-gen. Then came FIFA 08 with all its features and 600+ teams (15,000+ players) and everybody kinda forgot about FIFA 07 and previous editions and Pro Evolution Soccer (which didn't transition to current-gen as smoothly) and moved forward from there. The latest edition of FIFA (FIFA 11) has won over 50 video game awards and deserves every single one of them in my opinion.

With Madden the game still suffers from mistakes made years and years ago, that weren't fixed immediately and/or forgotten about for years. Unlike FIFA, where FIFA 08 stopped everybody from comparing the game with old editions and the competition, Madden has yet to so the same. People are still missing features and gameplay from last-gen, have yet to see things in Madden that the competition did on last-gen consoles, and now some have started comparing the newest current-gen (10 and 11) with the old current-gen games (08 and 09) for gameplay features/elements removed or missing from the game.

To me that shows that something went completely wrong when EA got the exclusive agreement with the NFL. They stopped caring about improving the game and went in all different directions at the same time, instead of working on delivering the best game possible.

I feel that the game has a direction now with the current team, but I'm not in the 'better-late-than-never' camp. I don't want to wait until next-gen Madden before Tiburon delivers.
No disrespect to any Madden dev past and present, but it seems like they were attempting to trick us into sells than just focusing on the issues. I just don't understand how you can go through the years and instead of getting the basics of football correct they were always trying to offer the shiny new feature. Madden is were it is because they banked on gimmicks instead of trying to simulate the sport. It's no surprise that all the sports titles that are focusing on the basics of their respective sports are doing well while those who didn't aren't. Only thing that saved Madden was the exclusive deal.

# 330 Sik kid Pk @ 03/30/11 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe

I think he's saying that because people are acting like this is some new feature when it's really not. Also, there's no reason this should have been taken out of the game in the first place.

It's whatever tho, better than nothing i guess.

# 331 Cnada @ 04/04/11 07:30 AM
So have we figured out what the Kicking is?

Seems everyone has moved on from this and i haven't seen a definite answer like the others?

# 332 guaps @ 04/07/11 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
So have we figured out what the Kicking is?

Seems everyone has moved on from this and i haven't seen a definite answer like the others?
Mostly likely dynamic crowd attendance. It appears that there are more people in the crowd during the first field goal attempt than in the second.

# 333 LastEmp88 @ 04/07/11 10:46 AM
EA takes out features for no reason and then about 7 or 8 years later reintroduces them as "new" features to get excited about.

I'm left wondering why exactly can't they just leave good features in?

Also another new feature they should actually add are a revamped create a team. The create a team in madden is so bland and identical if not worse than the versions from last gen. You can't even create alternate uniforms. Whereas NCAA 11 had the most awesome create a team I've ever seen with massive uniform combo options and color and logo options.

Madden needs to step their game up. At least just take all the good things NCAA has and use it too. Is that unreasonable?

# 334 roadman @ 04/07/11 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
pylons were in Madden 03. You could create plays in football games in the 90's. Dynamic crowds should just be a given these days.

I could go on and on, but I think the majority here have already said it. Madden is doing the same thing over and over, and it appears they still haven't changed for 12. Unless Madden feels fresh and new(gameplay & features), I'm not buying it this year. I can't keep supporting the system they currently use. The only way were going to see sim gaming, is by forcing the NFL to get rid of the exclusive. The only way to do that....skip Madden.
Agree, but the NFL already has their $. They feel EA is the choice for NFL video football gaming.

Way too early for me to pull the plug on 12, I need to see the blogs and videos before I pull the plug. A healthy improvement of franchise mode will win me over.

# 335 mestevo @ 04/07/11 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Way too early for me to pull the plug on 12
Anyone who's made this decision likely made it long before the teaser, there's simply not enough out there.

# 336 Armor and Sword @ 04/08/11 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Agree, but the NFL already has their $. They feel EA is the choice for NFL video football gaming.

Way too early for me to pull the plug on 12, I need to see the blogs and videos before I pull the plug. A healthy improvement of franchise mode will win me over.

That is the bottom line for me. I am very happy with the gameplay. It's Madden to me. I have been playing Madden since the Genesis days and have been loyal. But this must be addressed in 2012 in a big way for me to make the purchase. I enjoy Madden 2011 on the field. But off the field it is snore a fest.

It needs to be what we all have been expecting since the move to the new consoles.

# 337 dirtysouth1295 @ 04/10/11 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990

I also can't handle the track system. Where 4-5 guys do the same moves at the same time.

i know what you mean. i wanna turn the game off every time i see that happen

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.