Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

Below is the list of fixes for title update 1.01. We are still testing bugs and other issues that the community has reported for a second more comprehensive title update.
  • "Jackson" available in last name audio database for created players
  • Collision issues fixed where the ball would roll into and out of the stadium
  • Fixed the issue in Manage only Mode....you are locked out from moving your controller when accessing the pinch hit...defensive sub
  • The double switch screen(after pinch hitting for the pitcher in the bullpen screen.....it works if you have your pitcher on the mound) also won't let you move the controller OR even hit X to keep your position player in the game.
  • Fixed the bug where you couldn't practice swing if it was going to be a pitchouts..
  • Fixed the stutter issue on the catcher throwback
  • Fixed franchise bug where team records show 0's on initial team select screen
  • Generated players in season modes now have a variety of generic stances, instead of one. Use subset of custom batting stances to randomly assign the generated players
  • Fixed online post game lock, having to do with controller assignment when your opponent goes into the Quick Menu>Bullpen

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Russell_SCEA @ 03/22/11 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryT
Does anyone know if the patch works in franchises already in progress? Thanks.
We already have two franchise fixes done, but they needed further testing so we omitted them from this title update.

# 62 Pirate @ 03/22/11 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Just double checked the wording in the patch info is off. The ball collision issue fix is for all stadiums. Not just ARZ and SF.
You absolutely made my day. Unwrapping this game tonight. Thank you.

# 63 Pirate @ 03/22/11 06:17 PM
Quote:
We already have two franchise fixes done, but they needed further testing so we omitted them from this title update.
And this made it even better.

# 64 countryboy @ 03/22/11 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
Wasn't the player renewal problem for players under 3 years of player service fixed? I started a new franchise and had no problem renewing pre-arbitration players on the last day , yet I don't see it among the fixes.
you answered your own question

# 65 dasfette @ 03/22/11 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx19kilosoldier
I am not one to bash developers, its a tireless effort on the individual level, and I commend SCEA for being really in the lead as far as sports gaming goes when it comes to polish and interaction with the fanbase.

That being said, in order for promote healthy discourse which is always beneficial to everyone involved, the player base and SCEA developers, sometimes it is healthy to ask tougher questions.

I respectfully ask of the developers, how did this pretty major bug for franchise users make a jump from 2010 to the 2011 iteration?

I understand that it was said that there "was a fix and it somehow crept back up". Since you have been working on this known issue prior, is it safe to assume that that fix did not work?

That question leads to my next one, Can the player base, given the failure of the prior fix to this issue, reasonably expect a resolution to this issue during this years iterations patching cycle?

I am just looking for some honest two way here. I mean no disrespect and am just curious as to the realistic expectations that the player base can glean form the issue moving forward.

Thanks for any input you might be able to give to us.
I'm gonna be honest, one of the most honest, generally best posts I've read on the issue thus far. Fair, and very reasonable. I think you've hit the nail on the head, finding middle ground between kissing a** and calling the devs liars (lol)!

Thanks for putting what most of us are feeling in eloquent terms. Hopefully we get further answers.

# 66 Russell_SCEA @ 03/22/11 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryT
Does anyone know if the patch works in franchises already in progress? Thanks.

# 67 Super Glock @ 03/22/11 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo0786
Am sorry but am still seeing the slight freeze in the throwback to the pitcher, inmy RTTS pitcher for the Royals. Yes i have downloaded the patch. This should work on old saves i imagine. If it dont sorry for the disruption.

EDIT- the early part of the game that looked like it started at 7 you can see the freeze but as it got darker you could bearly notice it.

I do enjoy this game though and thanks for fixing some of the other issuses so quickly.
So the catcher stutter is still there?

# 68 solo0786 @ 03/22/11 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Glock
So the catcher stutter is still there?
It looks like it is is in my RTTS pitcher but it doesnt seem as bad as it was. Not sure about other modes though

# 69 Super Glock @ 03/22/11 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo0786
It looks like it is is in my RTTS pitcher but it doesnt seem as bad as it was. Not sure about other modes though
Hmmm hate to hear that....

# 70 Levesque7 @ 03/22/11 06:35 PM
Russel,

I know you have said that all the ball collision issues have been fixed, but I was wondering if you had run into this one:

I was playing at Rogers Centre, and a ball was hit off of the top of the wall and back into play, (hit the front of the wall) and it was ruled a home run. I have a video of this happening if you need it.

I also have a video from MLB 10 that I recorded after the patching was done where a ball was hit foul at Rogers Centre down the left field line and called a homer. I realize since this is from last year's game it may not be applicable.

Thanks

# 71 Russell_SCEA @ 03/22/11 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx19kilosoldier
I am not one to bash developers, its a tireless effort on the individual level, and I commend SCEA for being really in the lead as far as sports gaming goes when it comes to polish and interaction with the fanbase.

That being said, in order for promote healthy discourse which is always beneficial to everyone involved, the player base and SCEA developers, sometimes it is healthy to ask tougher questions.

I respectfully ask of the developers, how did this pretty major bug for franchise users make a jump from 2010 to the 2011 iteration?

I understand that it was said that there "was a fix and it somehow crept back up". Since you have been working on this known issue prior, is it safe to assume that that fix did not work?

That question leads to my next one, Can the player base, given the failure of the prior fix to this issue, reasonably expect a resolution to this issue during this years iterations patching cycle?

I am just looking for some honest two way here. I mean no disrespect and am just curious as to the realistic expectations that the player base can glean form the issue moving forward.

Thanks for any input you might be able to give to us.

The answer is we don't know, in the last couple of weeks before code lock Kolbe and Jeff stayed in the studio until 5am for about a week straight working on trade logic, budget logic, and waiver logic. When they finished I personally ran at leat 20 different franchise sims looking for the 2013 issue it never once popped up. Not one single time did the free agent pool look off.

The answer to the bold part is yes and no there are two fixes we have in the que for another patch those are. The contract issue for Free Agents when after the 5 day exclusive period the contract would be removed. And the trades in May issue.

We will continue to investigate the other problems in franchise if its feasible and it can be patched without breaking something else of course we are going to fix it. Some things may take wholesale re-writes. Hope this answers your question.

# 72 Cubit @ 03/22/11 06:42 PM
Appreciate the openness and info, Russell.

# 73 xx19kilosoldier @ 03/22/11 06:43 PM
Quote:
The answer is we don't know, in the last couple of weeks before code lock Kolbe and Jeff stayed in the studio until 5am for about a week straight working on trade logic, budget logic, and waiver logic. When they finished I personally ran at leat 20 different franchise sims looking for the 2013 issue it never once popped up. Not one single time did the free agent pool look off.

The answer to the bold part is yes and no there are two fixes we have in the que for another patch those are. The contract issue for Free Agents when after the 5 day exclusive period the contract would be removed. And the trades in May issue.

We will continue to investigate the other problems in franchise if its feasible and it can be patched without breaking something else of course we are going to fix it. Some things may take wholesale re-writes. Hope this answers your question.

Yes it answers my questions and thanks for the integrity your company shows year after year when dealing with the fanbase.

# 74 bigdaddykraven @ 03/22/11 06:47 PM
Yep, thanks for taking the time to post it and I'm glad these issues were fixed so quickly.

Also you may or may not have seen but I PMed you the info and a file about the Jeter head thing. Let me know if you need me to do anything more for you to help with that or any other bugs.

# 75 jr86 @ 03/22/11 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Nice.

Any fix for the closers getting yanked when they give up a hit/run?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
As a big franchise man this is now the main bug i would like to see fixed in the next patch.

Of course i hope they can fix the 2014 free agent bug but being as i play all 162 games theres no way i will get 3 full seasons in so that wont affect me, that being said, i truely hope it is fixed for the guys that need it.
Not that i thought it was but i can definitely confirm that this has not been fixed.

Just played vs Kansas
Bottom of 9th
In comes Wood, Base Hit, Base Hit.....Yank
In Comes Soria, Base Hit....Yank

Hoping this gets fixed next time round

# 76 Sports fanantic @ 03/22/11 06:53 PM
i know there still some bug left that was not adress in this list and this might not be a "Big Issue" but what about the bug where the audio of away pitcher pulled slot in sounds of the show not working?

# 77 dmanzano @ 03/22/11 06:58 PM
Quote:

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions here about this issue.

Just a quick note: The issue popped up in the 2013 season in MLB 10, in this years game it comes up in 2014 (it's always after you play/sim the 3rd season), so maybe you guys needed to sim one more season to confirm that the bug was gone? Just a little heads up.

# 78 Russell_SCEA @ 03/22/11 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanzano
Thanks for taking the time to answer questions here about this issue.

Just a quick note: The issue popped up in the 2013 season in MLB 10, in this years game it comes up in 2014 (it's always after you play/sim the 3rd season), so maybe you guys needed to sim one more season to confirm that the bug was gone? Just a little heads up.

We simmed up until 2099 in some cases

# 79 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/22/11 07:04 PM
Thanks for the update Ramone.

# 80 Neolithic @ 03/22/11 07:08 PM
I wanted to point out that an issue with franchise we've been working on in another thread isn't directly tied to 2013. It's a matter of teams not tendering any offers to players they should come Dec 2nd. Is this something that is related to the exclusive FA period problem you mentioned earlier in the thread?

If not, is there anything any of us who have been running sims and working on workaround can do, info we can send along to help with your upcoming patch?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.