Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

Below is the list of fixes for title update 1.01. We are still testing bugs and other issues that the community has reported for a second more comprehensive title update.
  • "Jackson" available in last name audio database for created players
  • Collision issues fixed where the ball would roll into and out of the stadium
  • Fixed the issue in Manage only Mode....you are locked out from moving your controller when accessing the pinch hit...defensive sub
  • The double switch screen(after pinch hitting for the pitcher in the bullpen screen.....it works if you have your pitcher on the mound) also won't let you move the controller OR even hit X to keep your position player in the game.
  • Fixed the bug where you couldn't practice swing if it was going to be a pitchouts..
  • Fixed the stutter issue on the catcher throwback
  • Fixed franchise bug where team records show 0's on initial team select screen
  • Generated players in season modes now have a variety of generic stances, instead of one. Use subset of custom batting stances to randomly assign the generated players
  • Fixed online post game lock, having to do with controller assignment when your opponent goes into the Quick Menu>Bullpen

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 beantownbruins @ 03/22/11 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubit
Appreciate the openness and info, Russell.
No kidding. This is awesome. It's nice to play a sports game and have information about what is being patched and what is going to be patched the day of the patch. 2K and EA could learn a lot here.

Thanks again for all the info!

# 82 PsychoBulk @ 03/22/11 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo0786
It looks like it is is in my RTTS pitcher but it doesnt seem as bad as it was. Not sure about other modes though
Its gone for me, all catcher throwbacks now smooth.

Thanks for the update Ramone, appreciated the honesty.

# 83 nomo17k @ 03/22/11 07:41 PM
Thank you very much for the list of fixes.

No franchise fix is surely a disappointment and it surely makes me worried that the problem isn't as simple as something like swapping code base. If it were the fixed version would've made it to this fix...

But whatever it takes hopefully it's corrected without breaking anything else! It's great to hear SCEA is taking care to ensure that major fix won't introduce other problems (then people in the forum would be even more disappointed).

# 84 solo0786 @ 03/22/11 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldu
Gone for me too. I can't believe how much that botthered me until I played without the stutter today. Great fix guys!
hmmm i wonder if am looking at the wrong thing or doing something wrong, i know i downloaded the patch it only really stutters in early innings for me like when its still light out. its not bad at all though it doesnt stop like it did before, thanks for the replies. maybe if i reboot the game its gone completely.

# 85 enyc718 @ 03/22/11 07:57 PM
Quick question and excuse if its been asked. If I started a franchise before the patch or any patch for that matter, would it be fixed in my current franchise or would I have to start over to see any of these fixes? Thanks in advance.

# 86 BoSoxPujols @ 03/22/11 08:01 PM
Hopefully that closer being yanked issue gets fixed....and soon. That's a definite game breaker.

# 87 spitoon @ 03/22/11 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Not that i thought it was but i can definitely confirm that this has not been fixed.

Just played vs Kansas
Bottom of 9th
In comes Wood, Base Hit, Base Hit.....Yank
In Comes Soria, Base Hit....Yank

Hoping this gets fixed next time round
Any chance the "Manager Hook" slider helps mitigate that?

# 88 xx19kilosoldier @ 03/22/11 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
thanks for the openness, i guess i'm curious as to how you simmed looking for the 2013 issue when you asked "what are the 2013 issues" in the very thread you created announcing that the "Franchise Trade offseason logic has been massively improved"?

http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=24

not to be a jerk but that doesn't seem logical
Honestly, I just think they dont call the FA issues "the 2013" issue in house. Again, I cant speak for him, but thats what I took from that response when I first read it back when that thread was going on.

I could be wrong, but it seems that that is likely what happened. A disconnect between what the community nicknamed a bug and what it is referenced in house.

# 89 Heroesandvillains @ 03/22/11 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enyc718
Quick question and excuse if its been asked. If I started a franchise before the patch or any patch for that matter, would it be fixed in my current franchise or would I have to start over to see any of these fixes? Thanks in advance.
This.

Traditionally, the answer is yes. But I'd like confirmation from either Ramone, or someone that's already gone into an existing franchise with the patch.

Anyone?

# 90 joshopsu @ 03/22/11 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
We simmed up until 2099 in some cases
Russell,

After simming quite a bit using 1-team control, I truly believe the problem is that the CPU teams are not lowballing the renewal players like they should be because of some of the players' high demands. I believe that the CPU is treating it as having two options: either sign the young player to the demanded contract or release the player. In actuality, the CPU should be giving the player lowball/realistic offers. If the player rejects, then the club should be allowed to renew after Feb 15th. A player with no MLB experience shouldn't be demanding $1.8Million per year.

And since some of the players with A or B potential are getting released, it's clogging up the free agent pool with guys that don't belong there.

It's not a 2013/2014 bug; it's a renewal for young players bug.

# 91 BoSoxPujols @ 03/22/11 08:06 PM
Well said josh

# 92 Neolithic @ 03/22/11 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshopsu
Russell,

After simming quite a bit using 1-team control, I truly believe the problem is that the CPU teams are not lowballing the renewal players like they should be because of some of the players' high demands. I believe that the CPU is treating it as having two options: either sign the young player to the demanded contract or release the player. In actuality, the CPU should be giving the player lowball/realistic offers. If the player rejects, then the club should be allowed to renew after Feb 15th. A player with no MLB experience shouldn't be demanding $1.8Million per year.

And since some of the players with A or B potential are getting released, it's clogging up the free agent pool with guys that don't belong there.

Thank you Josh, I think there is an issue with what the community has put as a label on a bug, and what it actually happening. I know I asked earlier in the thread about Russell's comments on a pair of franchise issues they are working on, but hadn't tested enough for them to be ready for this update. One being the offers during the exclusive period not staying. I'm wondering if that might be a contributing factor to the issue we found in the other thread. That teams ARE making offers to their young stud potential players, but then they are vanishing after the exclusive period ends. And it's possibly the AI doesn't do "re-checks" on offers, it knows it made an offer, so it doesn't have any reason to go back and re-check it to be sure like a human would.

It's a stretch I know, but I"m hopeful Russell will shed a little light on it when he gets a chance. If for no other reason than to get a chance to explain the specifics we have found in our tests, for them to confirm in house.

# 93 Heroesandvillains @ 03/22/11 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshopsu
Russell,

Just to add, arbitration isn't being offered in a lot of cases. I think it gets offered, and then retracted after the 5 day exclusive period. Whether or not the offers end up being high/low isn't necessarily the point. As long as it's fixed, where offers are actually made and "remembered," the arbitration hearing will determine the dollar amount.

The issue is the arbitration offers in general aren't being made (or are, but not sticking). But yes, lower offers would help the FA issue enormously. Locking up young prospects at decent and realistic dollars will certainly fix the majority of the Franchise problems.

# 94 Heroesandvillains @ 03/22/11 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enyc718
Bump.

Is continuing existing franchises okay with the patch?

# 95 Nexgenrulz @ 03/22/11 08:55 PM
Audio for the intro is still stuttering.

# 96 Knight165 @ 03/22/11 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgenrulz
Audio for the intro is still stuttering.
* "Jackson" available in last name audio database for created players

* Collision issues fixed where the ball would roll into and out of the stadium

* Fixed the issue in Manage only Mode....you are locked out from moving your controller when accessing the pinch hit...defensive sub

* The double switch screen(after pinch hitting for the pitcher in the bullpen screen.....it works if you have your pitcher on the mound) also won't let you move the controller OR even hit X to keep your position player in the game.

* Fixed the bug where you couldn't practice swing if it was going to be a pitchouts..

* Fixed the stutter issue on the catcher throwback

* Fixed franchise bug where team records show 0's on initial team select screen

* Generated players in season modes now have a variety of generic stances, instead of one. Use subset of custom batting stances to randomly assign the generated players

* Fixed online post game lock, having to do with controller assignment when your opponent goes into the Quick Menu>Bullpen

M.K.
Knight165

# 97 bigdaddykraven @ 03/22/11 09:21 PM
Yeah guys lets not turn this into a bug thread, they have one for that and obviously are listening if they change something small such as my request to have Jackson as a last name option.

Once again good job for some of these smaller fixes by the team. Hearing they already have two fixes for Franchise is awesome as well. That means if testing goes well we could have another patch in a couple weeks and this being an SCEA company they'll go through the notorious sony patch process quicker.

All positives here folks.

# 98 Splitter77 @ 03/22/11 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
We simmed up until 2099 in some cases
Can you possibly upload a roster file from like 30 years into franchise mode? That would save me alot of time.

# 99 muelly54 @ 03/22/11 10:40 PM
Its a growing concern that this product will not be fully playable (enjoyable) until the franchise FA glitch is fixed. Many sports gamers rely heavily on franchise play including myself. The game has been out for 3 weeks and franchise mode essentially is still unplayable.

Is there a timetable on when we can expect to see the next patch? I am certainly hoping that by opening day we have something positive to move forward with.

# 100 HustlinOwl @ 03/22/11 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muelly54
Its a growing concern that this product will not be fully playable (enjoyable) until the franchise FA glitch is fixed. Many sports gamers rely heavily on franchise play including myself. The game has been out for 3 weeks and franchise mode essentially is still unplayable.

Is there a timetable on when we can expect to see the next patch? I am certainly hoping that by opening day we have something positive to move forward with.
lol, 3 weeks wtf math you using? And unplayable because in year 3 of franchise you run into issues with FA's you are going to be that far into your franchise 2 weeks since release??

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.