Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

Below is the list of fixes for title update 1.01. We are still testing bugs and other issues that the community has reported for a second more comprehensive title update.
  • "Jackson" available in last name audio database for created players
  • Collision issues fixed where the ball would roll into and out of the stadium
  • Fixed the issue in Manage only Mode....you are locked out from moving your controller when accessing the pinch hit...defensive sub
  • The double switch screen(after pinch hitting for the pitcher in the bullpen screen.....it works if you have your pitcher on the mound) also won't let you move the controller OR even hit X to keep your position player in the game.
  • Fixed the bug where you couldn't practice swing if it was going to be a pitchouts..
  • Fixed the stutter issue on the catcher throwback
  • Fixed franchise bug where team records show 0's on initial team select screen
  • Generated players in season modes now have a variety of generic stances, instead of one. Use subset of custom batting stances to randomly assign the generated players
  • Fixed online post game lock, having to do with controller assignment when your opponent goes into the Quick Menu>Bullpen

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Fictionix @ 03/23/11 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
How about posting it here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...gs-thread.html

And they can get to it for the next comprehensive patch!
I have posted it in every thread for bugs and glitches. I cant be the only one having this bug. Ive even shared the videos directly with the scea guys but nothing has come of it. Im just frustrated thats all

# 122 Fictionix @ 03/23/11 11:42 PM
If i cam across as being a jerk I wasnt intending it that way. Just seems this would have been a easy minor bug to fix.

# 123 EnigmaNemesis @ 03/23/11 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictionix
I have posted it in every thread for bugs and glitches. I cant be the only one having this bug. Ive even shared the videos directly with the scea guys but nothing has come of it. Im just frustrated thats all
Ramone stated the patch we have now was already being worked on, and certain things were not put in due to them having it certified and getting it out.

And that there is another more comprehensive one where they are going through things in the bug thread, as well as the Franchise fixes.

Quote:
If i cam across as being a jerk I wasnt intending it that way. Just seems this would have been a easy minor bug to fix.
The first mistake would be to assume anything like this would be "easy". Trust me when I say it is not.

# 124 Fictionix @ 03/23/11 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Ramone stated the patch we have now was already being worked on, and certain things were not put in due to them having it certified and getting it out.

And that there is another more comprehensive one where they are going through things in the bug thread, as well as the Franchise fixes.

The first mistake would be to assume anything like this would be "easy". Trust me when I say it is not.
Alright. I didnt know all of that stuff. I was just hoping it was fixed in the patch. I wasnt aware you were part of the developing team so Im sorry I said it seemed like an easy fix. Thanks for working on the game and addressing all the other issues people have posted. I love the game and have nothing negative to say other then this bug. I even bought my ps3 last month just to have this game.

# 125 EnigmaNemesis @ 03/23/11 11:58 PM
Quote:
Alright. I didnt know all of that stuff. I was just hoping it was fixed in the patch. I wasnt aware you were part of the developing team so Im sorry I said it seemed like an easy fix. Thanks for working on the game and addressing all the other issues people have posted. I love the game and have nothing negative to say other then this bug. I even bought my ps3 last month just to have this game.
Nah man... I am not a part of the development team. But I have been around enough betas and know a bunch of people in the industry as well as done some programming in the past to know these things are no easy task.

Nothing wrong with criticism for things in this game. That is how they will improve. But rest assured these guys hear us. They are probably the best in the sports gaming industry with community interaction, it has almost an MMO feel to it.

# 126 Fictionix @ 03/24/11 12:01 AM
Yea i can tell they listen no doubt. I messegad someone about the bug too. Im like the rest of yall just a big baseball fan. Im a season ticket holder for Longhorns baseball and just got home earlier from a game and was ampted to play the show and saw the bug and was like GRRR so i just vented out. My fault though for prolly going about it the wrong way.

# 127 Matz21Moabit @ 03/24/11 07:13 AM
not really a bug but I think this hould be fix... you only can choose a pinch hitter when the man who should be replaced is already at bat so for realistic gamers itīs a bit aaaarrrghh

# 128 Woodweaver @ 03/24/11 09:18 AM
Quote:
Yea i can tell they listen no doubt. I messegad someone about the bug too. Im like the rest of yall just a big baseball fan. Im a season ticket holder for Longhorns baseball and just got home earlier from a game and was ampted to play the show and saw the bug and was like GRRR so i just vented out. My fault though for prolly going about it the wrong way.
Yes, we are aware of the bug, but this patch was "out the door" before were able to address it.

# 129 drew_02 @ 03/24/11 02:27 PM
minor bug- just started season 2 with the reds and opening day is AWAY at the Mets!?! The reds are the only team guaranteed opening day at home

# 130 Fictionix @ 03/24/11 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Yes, we are aware of the bug, but this patch was "out the door" before were able to address it.

ok sweet! Thanks for the info

# 131 bigdaddykraven @ 03/24/11 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis72
That sucks! I doubt they can fix that in a patch but would be nice if they would.
Actually in 1990 the Reds opened the season on the road. Used to be they would actually be the first game of the season but television and sponsors got involved and with the Reds lack of winning in recent years they were removed from that status.

However, if starting on the road yielded the same response for the Reds as it did in 1990, I wouldn't be too mad

# 132 Mike10693 @ 03/24/11 10:07 PM
Will this patch factor in to my franchise that is already in progress? I remember in past games you had re start a franchise for the patches to factor in....very annoying.

# 133 mybuddy @ 03/24/11 11:19 PM
I cannot make trades. Interest meter never goes above lowest level. Have tried every trade and never able to get interest level up. Never had this problem in prior years.

# 134 Metroalex @ 03/25/11 09:09 AM
I appericate the hard work for the patch, but please fix the Mets' home batting helmet color. It is a fake helmet and it was work last year, which makes it even more frustrating.

# 135 mjsonoma01 @ 03/25/11 05:09 PM
Hey Russel,

You mentioned you simmed up to 2099 at times and never saw a free agent list off. Here is what I saw in my franchise. The free agent pool looked all wrong in year 2014 all the way through month January in the offseason. Once February rolled around the free agent list cleared up, but because almost all the players took low ball offers from whichever team they were previously on.

For example, I traded for John Danks who was on the White Sox because he was only earning 1.9 million and it was the last year of his contract and would be a type A free agent. In the off season he remained a free agent, along with other superstar players, until February when he ended up back on the White Sox for 1.9 million again. The same thing happend with Jon Lester. He was traded to the Reds with 3.4 million left on his contract, entered free agency and was not offered a contract throughout the offseason, then in February he was back on the Reds with a 1 year 3.4 million contract.

The point is it may be possible to sim the entire offseason every year, check the free agent list in April and not notice something is wrong. But is you checked the list in January, you would see some serious issues.

While what happens now clears up the free agent list, it makes it impossible to trade with players returning to teams that cant afford them, and on and on. Us Franchisers are really hoping this is something that can be patched up. Thanks for all your hard work.

M

# 136 tessl @ 03/25/11 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikris
Thanks so much!mom only player so big thanks!
Have they fixed the problem of the computer managing the game at times for the human player?

Thanks.

# 137 biggerboat @ 03/25/11 08:03 PM
MOM player, and am still encountering the locked controller when attempting a defensive sub.

# 138 shupe @ 03/25/11 08:30 PM
Does anyone else seem to have a terrible time check swinging online only? I cant tell if its only since the patch came out, but honestly its a f-in joke how hard it is to check a swing.

# 139 Russell_SCEA @ 03/25/11 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shupe
Does anyone else seem to have a terrible time check swinging online only? I cant tell if its only since the patch came out, but honestly its a f-in joke how hard it is to check a swing.
We have a fix for it in the next patch

# 140 Tyler4 @ 03/25/11 08:59 PM
Is there any possible way we can get the some more names that are not in the "audio database" for created players but are used only for major leaguers? Smoak as a last name for instance is used when Justin Smoak comes up to bat, but you can not choose it from the word bank.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.