Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

I received the game this morning at 9 AM. Please keep in mind, I have only raced 4 times so far and practiced at another.

I am going to answer as many questions as I can that have already been asked, then will keep posting impressions and answer as many questions as I can. I have my PS3 in my office hooked up to the same monitor as my PC, so I have to switch over, so If I don't immediately respond to something, it's because I am on the PS3.

On to the questions, from the other topic.

I wanna know how are the Graphics compared to NASCAR 09? I really can't get a good grasp from the videos. Thanks.

IMO the graphics are a bit better than NASCAR 09. NASCAR 09 was a nice looking game, but I think NTG11 does a better job here. There is a very natural, organic look to it, almost like MLB The Show has. The color palate is there, but it's not too crisp, or overdone.

The car models are nicely executed, and tracks look beautiful.

1. I think we are all wondering about the difficulty of the game and if what we saw in the videos was on some easier level. Is the game more realistic than what the videos may have lead us to believe?

2. Is there a true career mode, or is it just a season, and how does that work?

3. Do you get the sense that you are at 30+ different tracks, or does it feel like most of the tracks run about the same?

1. I set the difficulty for the AI on the highest at Tally, Daytona, and Texas. They were very competitive at Tally and Daytona, and Texas were just better than me....flat out! What I really like so far about the AI, is that they are aggressive, but not cheap. They understand that you are also on the track, and try to be cautious of their surroundings. They did bump draft with me at Tally and Daytona, and I could do the same with them...and there was no sign of them being disturbed by it.

2. Have not jumped into career mode as of yet, but will give it a run as the day progresses.

3. There was a nice difference in the feel from Atlanta, Texas, Daytona and Tally. They didn't feel that same at all, and based off early impressions, they did a nice job trying to individualize and realistically replicate each track.

Pre-race presentation-Is there a full pace lap with the driver/grid position rundown like EA did a few years back? Very tv-style touch that was very nice. Also, any featured drivers pre-race?

Wreck/caution-how long is it between the wreck, caution and going into the pace lap? Time enough to 'go thru' the wreck if it happened up in front and you're in the back of the pack, or just 'there's a wreck' and then two seconds later in the caution lap?

Keep in mind, I have not done season or career, but in "race now" option, there was no pre-race or any presentation. It literally took you to the race about 100 yards away from the start finish line.

In regards to wrecking, you get to watch the whole wreck. It doesn't take you away to a cut scene instantly. I was in one at Tally, and it seemed like it lasted 20 seconds, and I was in one at Texas, and it only lasted about 10 seconds. Then it gives you the option to pit under caution...if you choose no, it takes to a few seconds before the green flag drops again.

I am very curious about the realism of the track surface. For example, Are there bumps in on the lowside of turns 1 and 2 at Las Vegas? Do the bumps upset the car and make you create a setup that can handle those bumps?

That leads to my other question. How much does messing with the setup actually change the feel of the car? When the track rubbers up, does the car get tighter?

From what I have seen, the bumps feel like they are barely noticeable. I felt a little bit at Daytona in turns 3 going into 4(keep in mind its still Daytona 10 on my copy) but nothing that really forced me to white knuckle the wheel at all. When an AI car gets into you, you notice that a lot more than any bumps on the track surface. If you're hoping to really feel the surface bumps and have it effect the car....probably not going to be real happy.

I will say the the driving model is really well done though, and you truly feel connected to the track surface.

Ok, going to go test some more, and try to get some photos, but videos may be very difficult. I am trying to find a way to do it right now. I will be back in a few to answer some more questions and give some solid impressions.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 901 bluengold34_OS @ 03/28/11 11:34 PM
And with that video of Michigan, I bid you all a very fond good night. I appreciate all the patience and kind words also over the last 4 days. I also want to say thank you to all the guys who got the game early, and took their own time, to chime in with impressions and question answering.

It has been a fun ride, and by the time I wake in the AM, hopefully half you guys have the game. I hope you all enjoy the game as much as I have. I look forward to racing with a lot of you guys on-line, and for those guys that ventured over from the official Eutechnyx site......thanks for stopping by.

# 902 bluengold34_OS @ 03/28/11 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air_Logan24
is that crank it up thing really in the game?
yes it is, I did not create that overlay.

# 903 AEJustin @ 03/28/11 11:36 PM
I'll be picking my copy up in about an hour an a half! WOOOOOOOO

# 904 mason3132 @ 03/28/11 11:39 PM
Fastest lap at Richmond on the leaderboard is 1.1 sec on Bristol its .40 secs.

# 905 dynamicvision @ 03/28/11 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
And with that video of Michigan, I bid you all a very fond good night. I appreciate all the patience and kind words also over the last 4 days. I also want to say thank you to all the guys who got the game early, and took their own time, to chime in with impressions and question answering.

It has been a fun ride, and by the time I wake in the AM, hopefully half you guys have the game. I hope you all enjoy the game as much as I have. I look forward to racing with a lot of you guys on-line, and for those guys that ventured over from the official Eutechnyx site......thanks for stopping by.
Thanks for everything blue! I hope to race with you in less than 20 hours!

# 906 mason3132 @ 03/28/11 11:41 PM
Just got in one on Bristol i start off in the pits and it wouldnt let me go for 4 laps so i start the race down 4 laps cross finish line and it says fastest lap .40 secs. My question is did these guys ever even start the game up and play it online. The

# 907 Hibs06 @ 03/28/11 11:42 PM
I'm sold. I'll be picking it up. The difficulty increase with the patch has tipped the scale.

# 908 scoman @ 03/28/11 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mason3132
Cautions dont even come out on 5 car pile up man i hope the patch atleast fixes some of these issues.
You on the 360?

# 909 lVlAtlZiX @ 03/28/11 11:43 PM
2x Wear means that in a 50% race u have the exact same wear as u would in 100% race with normal wear. So this means that 3x Wear is what u want to run if u are doing a 25% race as that is half of the 50% obviously. The only time to use 4x wear is anything below 20%. This makes it so u have 1 stop on a 10% race or 2 stops on a 20%.

# 910 chapmac24 @ 03/28/11 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mason3132
Just got in one on Bristol i start off in the pits and it wouldnt let me go for 4 laps so i start the race down 4 laps cross finish line and it says fastest lap .40 secs. My question is did these guys ever even start the game up and play it online. The
sounds like you need the patch, my friend

# 911 lVlAtlZiX @ 03/28/11 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me
DAM this is really not good... this came from the offical game fourm...

Online Problems So Far
  1. When people pit online under the yellow you can't tell because their cars are still riding around under yellow on your screen.
  2. Damage online is even lamer than the damage offline
  3. Crashes online with other cars often result in my car coming to an abrupt stop for no reason.
  4. Online restarts are messed up, cars are often seperated my multiple car lenghts when the green flag waves.
  5. Online had No car collisons at watkins glen without any reasoning or notice
  6. Online registered 1st and 2nd place both as 2nd place in one race I was in.
  7. Online pit stops are really lame and take any pit strategy out of the race.
  8. Career Driver is the ONLY car you can race online. You have to restart your career to change your online car.
  9. When you create a private match you only have 60 seconds to invite your friends before the race starts automatically.(THIS IS REALLY BAD NEWS FOR LEAGUES)
  10. Race length options are not very good. 2% 5% 10% 50% 100%.(added for hitstickmaster2)
Obviously some of this will be tweaked or fixed with the patch, but the online pit stops are flat out horrible. You stop in your stall and the pit options pop up, as soon as you confirm what you want your car just drives away. No pit stop animation, it doesnt even make you wait there while a invisible crew works on your car. It just lets you drive away completing the pit stop INSTANTLY.
man iam only going to play the game online but if this is the case ill stick with iracing.
So is this post so far true? IF this is then the pit stops are seriously lacking, one of the main things I liked about this gm in the vid docs was how nice it was to finally have an animated pit crew back, not like iRacing and their timer.

# 912 mason3132 @ 03/28/11 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lVlAtlZiX
So is this post so far true? IF this is then the pit stops are seriously lacking, one of the main things I liked about this gm in the vid docs was how nice it was to finally have an animated pit crew back, not like iRacing and their timer.

100% correct

# 913 Ænima @ 03/28/11 11:58 PM
I'm mainly buying the game because I want to play offline with the stout AI and lengthy career mode. I hope they have quickmatches without much in the way of pitstops.

I think they'll jump on the pit problems once they realize how significant they really are. Hopefully people cut them some slack as a new developer. It is a phenomenal RACING game. That's a great foundation for the detail work to come.

# 914 nascarthegame @ 03/29/11 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS

Hey Blue, for if you come back on tomorrow. I've read every post in here to this point, but now I can't remember if you mentioned it. What camera angle do you use when you are racing? I'm just impressed with how well you control the car, and wondering if your race view makes a difference. I've noticed in other racing games I play, when I am inside the car I drive better than the follow view.

# 915 bdrew18 @ 03/29/11 12:22 AM
Can anyone confirm if it is 2 player offline?

# 916 Aggies7 @ 03/29/11 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrew18
Can anyone confirm if it is 2 player offline?
Yes split screen for exibition. Unknown for season mode.

# 917 AEJustin @ 03/29/11 02:06 AM
Just got home with my copy!! WOOO Taking Jr around Kentucky right now (360)

# 918 Aggies7 @ 03/29/11 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEJustin
Just got home with my copy!! WOOO Taking Jr around Kentucky right now (360)
Congrats...impressions?

# 919 AEJustin @ 03/29/11 02:16 AM
So far pretty cool, put it in and messed around on the create a car feature for a few mins and just now jumped into a race, qualifying at Kentucky, got the pole (didn't mess with the difficulty just yet but did turn my assists off) It is a beautiful looking game though so far! I'll be back shortly after this race, might get my camcorder out and record the replay or something.

# 920 Aggies7 @ 03/29/11 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEJustin
So far pretty cool, put it in and messed around on the create a car feature for a few mins and just now jumped into a race, qualifying at Kentucky, got the pole (didn't mess with the difficulty just yet but did turn my assists off) It is a beautiful looking game though so far! I'll be back shortly after this race, might get my camcorder out and record the replay or something.
Good deal appreciate it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.