Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

I received the game this morning at 9 AM. Please keep in mind, I have only raced 4 times so far and practiced at another.

I am going to answer as many questions as I can that have already been asked, then will keep posting impressions and answer as many questions as I can. I have my PS3 in my office hooked up to the same monitor as my PC, so I have to switch over, so If I don't immediately respond to something, it's because I am on the PS3.

On to the questions, from the other topic.

I wanna know how are the Graphics compared to NASCAR 09? I really can't get a good grasp from the videos. Thanks.

IMO the graphics are a bit better than NASCAR 09. NASCAR 09 was a nice looking game, but I think NTG11 does a better job here. There is a very natural, organic look to it, almost like MLB The Show has. The color palate is there, but it's not too crisp, or overdone.

The car models are nicely executed, and tracks look beautiful.

1. I think we are all wondering about the difficulty of the game and if what we saw in the videos was on some easier level. Is the game more realistic than what the videos may have lead us to believe?

2. Is there a true career mode, or is it just a season, and how does that work?

3. Do you get the sense that you are at 30+ different tracks, or does it feel like most of the tracks run about the same?

1. I set the difficulty for the AI on the highest at Tally, Daytona, and Texas. They were very competitive at Tally and Daytona, and Texas were just better than me....flat out! What I really like so far about the AI, is that they are aggressive, but not cheap. They understand that you are also on the track, and try to be cautious of their surroundings. They did bump draft with me at Tally and Daytona, and I could do the same with them...and there was no sign of them being disturbed by it.

2. Have not jumped into career mode as of yet, but will give it a run as the day progresses.

3. There was a nice difference in the feel from Atlanta, Texas, Daytona and Tally. They didn't feel that same at all, and based off early impressions, they did a nice job trying to individualize and realistically replicate each track.

Pre-race presentation-Is there a full pace lap with the driver/grid position rundown like EA did a few years back? Very tv-style touch that was very nice. Also, any featured drivers pre-race?

Wreck/caution-how long is it between the wreck, caution and going into the pace lap? Time enough to 'go thru' the wreck if it happened up in front and you're in the back of the pack, or just 'there's a wreck' and then two seconds later in the caution lap?

Keep in mind, I have not done season or career, but in "race now" option, there was no pre-race or any presentation. It literally took you to the race about 100 yards away from the start finish line.

In regards to wrecking, you get to watch the whole wreck. It doesn't take you away to a cut scene instantly. I was in one at Tally, and it seemed like it lasted 20 seconds, and I was in one at Texas, and it only lasted about 10 seconds. Then it gives you the option to pit under caution...if you choose no, it takes to a few seconds before the green flag drops again.

I am very curious about the realism of the track surface. For example, Are there bumps in on the lowside of turns 1 and 2 at Las Vegas? Do the bumps upset the car and make you create a setup that can handle those bumps?

That leads to my other question. How much does messing with the setup actually change the feel of the car? When the track rubbers up, does the car get tighter?

From what I have seen, the bumps feel like they are barely noticeable. I felt a little bit at Daytona in turns 3 going into 4(keep in mind its still Daytona 10 on my copy) but nothing that really forced me to white knuckle the wheel at all. When an AI car gets into you, you notice that a lot more than any bumps on the track surface. If you're hoping to really feel the surface bumps and have it effect the car....probably not going to be real happy.

I will say the the driving model is really well done though, and you truly feel connected to the track surface.

Ok, going to go test some more, and try to get some photos, but videos may be very difficult. I am trying to find a way to do it right now. I will be back in a few to answer some more questions and give some solid impressions.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 BIGDADDY_24 @ 03/24/11 11:16 PM
Also, don't take my word for this, because I could be completely wrong, I don't want to get anyones hopes up and let them down, but if I recall, somebody said they had some kind of surprise for us. What that is, I have no idea or if it's even true but I remember seeing someone mention it over on the Eutechnyx NASCAR The Game 2011 forum. Again, don't take my word for it, might just be all speculation.

# 122 Aggies7 @ 03/25/11 12:03 AM
Hey Blue thanks for heads up. Quick question. If you tap a CPU car in rear quarterpanel will the spin realistically or just auto correct like in EAs

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

# 123 acreyman @ 03/25/11 12:10 AM
Like what I hear.

# 124 seasprite @ 03/25/11 12:12 AM
Thanks for all your impressions Blue

# 125 sniperhare @ 03/25/11 03:31 AM
I was hoping for realistic debris on the track, I want to read reviews on the career mode now before I decide to buy from Gamefly instead of just renting.

# 126 sniperhare @ 03/25/11 03:37 AM
Can you race with a full field of cars for the full amount of laps? Or do you only have shortened races?

# 127 Aggies7 @ 03/25/11 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
I was hoping for realistic debris on the track, I want to read reviews on the career mode now before I decide to buy from Gamefly instead of just renting.
I will second that. Want to make sure its multiple season.

And FYI edit previous post and just add in comment. Try to not to post back to back post. No need to bog down boards. Edit button will open your previous post to add to. Thanks.

# 128 mrtuttle76 @ 03/25/11 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
Can you race with a full field of cars for the full amount of laps? Or do you only have shortened races?
full field and 100 percent races if ya want to run it

# 129 QuickSticks @ 03/25/11 05:22 AM
How are the setups? Are they like 09, really involved or pretty basic?

# 130 mashookaloo123 @ 03/25/11 06:58 AM
thank you for answering my questions i appreciate it alot. lastly, you said damage during the big one doesnt show up until after the race resumes. what if you are racing with cautions off. does damage still show up?

# 131 mashookaloo123 @ 03/25/11 07:04 AM
And can you put car manufacturers on your car in paint shop? like make a chevy, ford, etc.

# 132 seasprite @ 03/25/11 10:03 AM
If it is ok with Blue, I will piggyback on his thread with my 360 version impressions and Q&A as soon as I get home from work this afternoon. Had a friend in retail hook me up so as soon as I get some play time with it I will help out with the info for the game.

# 133 yanksfan72 @ 03/25/11 10:32 AM
Great information, thanks for all your hard work. I will be buying 2 copies one for me for the ps3 and one for a friend for the xbox 360, great to support the game. Up until now the best nascar game I ever played was From Dirt To Daytona.
Tuesday can't come fast enough.

# 134 bluengold34_OS @ 03/25/11 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSticks
How are the setups? Are they like 09, really involved or pretty basic?
They are close to 09. You can choose a basic set-up like looser/tighter faster/slower...or you can get into the dirt of it, and change just about anything you want on a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashookaloo123
thank you for answering my questions i appreciate it alot. lastly, you said damage during the big one doesnt show up until after the race resumes. what if you are racing with cautions off. does damage still show up?
If you race with cautions off, then the damage is real time...but that doesn't fix the particles and debris issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashookaloo123
And can you put car manufacturers on your car in paint shop? like make a chevy, ford, etc.
I have not checked that yet, I will do so this morning and get back to you on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Thanks for your responses Blue. I already had it pre-ordered, but your comments are making me impatient, lol. I'm thankful Eutechnyx has taken over the series -- it appears much better than previous efforts in the console genre.
It really is, and Im not here to knock other developers. It's that this effort, is a very good one. IMO, it is simply the best NASCAR game ever to hit a console in regards to the AI, driving model, and overall feel. Other titles were deeper than this, but this is only year one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
If it is ok with Blue, I will piggyback on his thread with my 360 version impressions and Q&A as soon as I get home from work this afternoon. Had a friend in retail hook me up so as soon as I get some play time with it I will help out with the info for the game.
Thanks Sea...I'm sure people would like a different perspective than just mine. It's always nice to have 2 different views, as there may be stuff you hate, that I like. The forums need that very much......so thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksfan72
Great information, thanks for all your hard work. I will be buying 2 copies one for me for the ps3 and one for a friend for the xbox 360, great to support the game. Up until now the best nascar game I ever played was From Dirt To Daytona.
Tuesday can't come fast enough.
I loved DTD as much as the next guy, and as the years go by, hopefully NTG will become as deep as that one, in terms climbing your way up through the ranks.

# 135 lyndonfirefighter @ 03/25/11 11:13 AM
just a question about create a car sponsors. could you give a short list of real world sponsors we can choose from when making our own car. thank you

# 136 The Gasman @ 03/25/11 11:15 AM
Thanks for all the info on the game blue, I have enjoyed reading it. I have a few questions.

Would you say it drives like dirt to daytona, or better or worse?

Have you had a chance to look into the hud yet, I was wondering if you can turn off everything like lap times etc and just have the cars and track on the screen?

Maybe I missed it, but in single player, can you set how many cars you want on the track, and how many laps you want to run?

Thanks again for the info.

# 137 tony9235 @ 03/25/11 11:29 AM
how is the gameplay with the controller on different levels?

# 138 Brew @ 03/25/11 11:52 AM
Just read through the whole thread and the detailed impressions are great!
Thanks Blue!

Looking forward to hearing what the paint booth is like and how indepth that is.

# 139 The Grimmeister @ 03/25/11 12:08 PM
I am wondering if are you are able to share custom cars made in paint booth to others players online?

# 140 bluengold34_OS @ 03/25/11 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndonfirefighter
just a question about create a car sponsors. could you give a short list of real world sponsors we can choose from when making our own car. thank you
From what I recall, here is a list of some of the real world sponsors

Sprint
O'Reilly
Direct tv
Moog
USG
Jegs
K&N
Holley
3M
Sunoco

Pretty much all of the contingencies....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gasman
Thanks for all the info on the game blue, I have enjoyed reading it. I have a few questions.

Would you say it drives like dirt to daytona, or better or worse?

Have you had a chance to look into the hud yet, I was wondering if you can turn off everything like lap times etc and just have the cars and track on the screen?

Maybe I missed it, but in single player, can you set how many cars you want on the track, and how many laps you want to run?

Thanks again for the info.
I think it drives more like NASCAR 2003, then DTD. It's not far away from DTD though. If you jump out of the groove, you don't go flying towards the wall(NASCAR 09) You have a really good handle on your car, but it can all be adjusted in the difficulty. No 1 difficulty setting really drives like the other....which is a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony9235
how is the gameplay with the controller on different levels?
I actually tried the first 3 levels of difficulty using the controller, and I was able to control my very well in all 3 phases. They have a very good job of making the game accessible to wheel and controller users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew
Just read through the whole thread and the detailed impressions are great!
Thanks Blue!

Looking forward to hearing what the paint booth is like and how indepth that is.
Ok..spent about 2 hours with paint booth today. For thos who are familiar with the Forza booth, you will have no issues at all creating a car. Its a layer system, just like in Forza. I was able to create Ryan Newmans old Alltel 12 car(well, half of it) in about 30 minutes, and it looked pretty damn good. Its all about manipulating the figures and icon's the are in-game.

I did not see, however, any manufaturer's decals or logo's. You can easily create a Toyota logo, Ford, Chevy...etc...etc. It aslo does not give you the option to choose between different cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grimmeister
I am wondering if are you are able to share custom cars made in paint booth to others players online?
From my understand Grimm...created skins cannot be shard between people. I see no option to do so....but that doesnt mean it's not an option. I just have not seen a way to do it, and have only ever heard that sharing a skin was not going to be in this years edition.

Hopefully I am wrong though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.