Home
Madden 12 News Post

Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in Madden NFL 12.

To be clear, there are more than 25 new plays in the game. Each day, a new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to Madden NFL 12.

Play #1 features the PA Eagle Boot Lt.

Quote:
"Eagles- Singleback- Ace - PA Eagle Boot Lt - This is the play that Philadelphia Eagles QB Michael Vick connected with DeSean Jackson on the 88-yd TD pass on the first play from scrimmage during the Monday Night Football game against the Washington Redskins."

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Senator Palmer @ 03/24/11 12:27 PM
Nice. Can't wait to see what they've got in store for the defense.

# 2 PVarck31 @ 03/24/11 12:46 PM
This is a nice looking play. But if the defense is as bad as last year then A will be open every time.

# 3 Hova57 @ 03/24/11 12:54 PM
I just want the playaction to hold up and not be a all out blitz by the d on the fake.

# 4 rockbottom3 @ 03/24/11 12:54 PM
Great play for da bears!

# 5 BlackJack_Williams @ 03/24/11 03:17 PM
This play looks familiar.... I haven't played since M10 but still, it looks familiar.

*moments later*

Never mind, I see the difference. The route of the TE is different.
Glad to see it's in here though.

# 6 PantherBeast_OS @ 03/24/11 03:44 PM
Nice new play. Looking forward to trying. But I have a few concerns about playing agaist the AI with any plays now. This goes for madden 11.

1. Is that the AI always blitz alot on PA and most the time sacking the QB or if it is only a 4 man rush. The AI is always getting off blocks very easy to get to the QB in 1 to 2 seconds time. No matter what it seems like the AI is always superman on D.

2. This is my greatest concern of all playing agaist the AI is how it always seats on the play and knows where you will throw the ball to. Pretty much what I'm saying is the AI always "Mirror Image" the WRs routes and the AI CB runs the route before the WR does. It's almost impossible to run about 65% of the passing plays because AI knows where the ball is going. If I try to do a play with hook routes. The AI stops on a dime most of the time and either knocks down the ball or INT. It has become a headache now days playing madden 11 because of this. Most of the time I run streaks, slants, HB/WR screen passes and drag rountes to even get yards in madden.

Overall this play will be good so long as they have fixed the AI and how it covers the WR and how it reacts to the routes. Even when I play agaist the worst AI D like the Lions. Lions D still plays like it the Pats D. Makes no sense what so ever. But hopefully a lot of this has been improved.

# 7 SouthernBrick @ 03/24/11 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
This is a nice looking play. But if the defense is as bad as last year then A will be open every time.
Antonio Gates FTW!

# 8 Ike04 @ 03/25/11 02:34 AM
I'm glad they added this play courtesy of my favorite team. Let's go eagles! Looking forward to seeing what else is released for the playbooks.

# 9 Ike04 @ 03/25/11 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Agreed. For some reason crossing patterns have become dominant in madden. And cpu always knows what play you're about to run on offense. Even when you audible.

# 10 K_GUN @ 03/25/11 07:56 AM
so.....still no chance to get yard markers on the playbook playart?

why?

# 11 maddenps2 @ 03/25/11 01:56 PM
I'm curious why individual plays are getting post when we usaully see new plays added each year?

# 12 Palo20 @ 03/25/11 02:43 PM
The "PA Boot" plays need to have the QB come out of the fake with actual Boot action. They should naturally roll out without the user having to use the sprint button. This animation also needs to work to the QB's weak side as well. So if Vick runs the play above and it is flipped, he needs to come out of the fake with a boot animation of him running to his right, but still ready to square his shoulders and throw.

# 13 MrSkagTrendy @ 03/25/11 05:44 PM
This is a nice play. But the poster above is right, they need to make the rollout animation more defined and smoother. A'la 2k5.

# 14 steelers1 @ 03/26/11 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
The "PA Boot" plays need to have the QB come out of the fake with actual Boot action. They should naturally roll out without the user having to use the sprint button. This animation also needs to work to the QB's weak side as well. So if Vick runs the play above and it is flipped, he needs to come out of the fake with a boot animation of him running to his right, but still ready to square his shoulders and throw.
I agree completely.

# 15 aceinyaface3 @ 03/28/11 08:19 PM
^^^ Yeah but when you have the qb automatically roll out, you run the risk of automatically getting sacked if there's a free rusher off the edge. Doing it yourself at least gives you the chance to elude said rusher. Such would happen in the afore mentioned 2k5

# 16 Palo20 @ 03/28/11 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinyaface3
^^^ Yeah but when you have the qb automatically roll out, you run the risk of automatically getting sacked if there's a free rusher off the edge. Doing it yourself at least gives you the chance to elude said rusher. Such would happen in the afore mentioned 2k5
That fine but there should be something in between the QB sprint and the QB "in the pocket" options. Holding the sprint button is unrealistic as it has the QB lower the ball and he's not ready to throw. It also is much more inaccurate (which is fine).

There needs to be something in between that the user can trigger, more of a controlled rollout where the QB is not at a full sprint, but he's rolling and ready to throw. Accuracy should not be hindered all that much, then again, there is a throw on the run rating which should kick in. Again, this animation needs to be available rolling both ways.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.