Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

While I do not have a time frame for the next title update, I figured the franchise guys would want to know what has been changed in franchise mode. The list below is what has been checked into the game so far.

This list does not include any other changes and bug fixes fyi.
  • Cause players with low overall to retire sooner.
  • Fixed a bug causing players to not store their initial attribute levels at the start of each season, causing progression in the offseason to appear much larger than it was since it was being calculated to the start of 2011, regardless of the current season.
  • Decisions on contract options need to be made sooner since the exclusive negotiation period was shortened from 15 to 5 days.
  • Only players with 6+ years of service time should be flagged as type A or type B free agents.
  • Players were progressing to their potential at age 26 instead of 30.
  • 99 ovr players were not correctly normalizing to 1.0f.
  • Adjusted salary curve and fixed issues with salaries in short seasons.
  • Don't backload contracts that are less than $5M per year or less than 4 years.
  • Adjusted how potentials are assigned to generated players.
  • More logic to see if a contract should be tendered to a player before allowing him to become a free agent. Also, more accurate calculation for salary reserved for minor league players under the team's control.
  • Fixed some bugs with the popup message in multi-user franchise mode when minor league teams secure a bye in the playoffs.
  • Make sure any player who is decent (75 ovr, 75 potential) are being offered arbitration. Also, make sure free agents were offered arbitration by the CPU and teams didn't receive compensation picks for players to whom they didn't offer arbitration.
  • Make sure that contract offers and arbitration offers aren't cleared when a player becomes a free agent at the end of the 5 day exclusive negotiation period.
  • Need more 1 year contracts for arbitration eligible players.
  • Make the best available player the most valuable if the team is missing minor leaguers.
  • Set team strategies for the user teams as well.
  • All minor leaguers should have 1 year contracts by default.
  • Treat CPU controlled user teams as CPU teams for purposes of reducing trades during the season.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ShadioRack @ 03/30/11 12:06 AM
This might sound cheesy but, that's FRAN-tastic!!

# 22 bigdaddykraven @ 03/30/11 12:06 AM
After all the issues etc I haven't even bothered with Franchise this year yet...barely touched it last year sadly. I was waiting on a post like this to get going.

By the time this patch comes out, we should have a really good set of minors rosters ready too I hope Now I'm excited. I can wait a bit. The RTTS logic isn't THAT important to me so I can keep laying it, although having it fixed will be nice too.

# 23 TartanElk @ 03/30/11 12:28 AM
What exactly is meant by "strategies?" Is that saying like a franchise strategy? Win now, rebuild, make money, etc. Those kinds of things. Or is it how the team itself plays? Power, speed, contact, etc.

# 24 WazzuRC @ 03/30/11 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I will ask the obligatory "Will we have to restart our franchise?"!
I hope that answer is no!

# 25 Braves Fan @ 03/30/11 12:39 AM
We've never had to restart our franchise before, why would we now?

I'm using 30 team control because I wasn't sure if they would be able to fix it or not, I'll just keep playing my franchise with 30 team control. I just won't have to worry about stepping in as much I don't guess.

# 26 Neolithic @ 03/30/11 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TartanElk
What exactly is meant by "strategies?" Is that saying like a franchise strategy? Win now, rebuild, make money, etc. Those kinds of things. Or is it how the team itself plays? Power, speed, contact, etc.
I believe it's the "win now / playoff race" or "we're out of it, lets rebuild" mindset. Effecting how teams deal with trades, do they trade older guys to teams in contention for prospects. Or are they in the hunt, and just need that experienced bat or pitcher to make it all the way, and trade away younger players to a team that's out of it already.

# 27 The Chef @ 03/30/11 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
We've never had to restart our franchise before, why would we now?

I'm using 30 team control because I wasn't sure if they would be able to fix it or not, I'll just keep playing my franchise with 30 team control. I just won't have to worry about stepping in as much I don't guess.
Well technically speaking we have had to restart in the past, 2 year ago I believe when the schedule mishap was causing franchises to freeze up and you either had to sim past a chunk of games or restart your franchise.

# 28 Qb @ 03/30/11 12:51 AM
Hmmm... looks like you guys fixed a few things.

Awesome stuff, thanks.

# 29 LionsFanNJ @ 03/30/11 01:09 AM
Excellent news.

# 30 treyraq @ 03/30/11 01:10 AM
Russell,

Great work, thank you very much. Hopefully this all parlays to a much better Franchise experience.

On a side note, and I'm only mentioning this here because it seems like you'll notice it in this thread, I noticed that you were describing players as having numbered ratings:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA

- "99 ovr players" were not correctly normalizing to 1.0f.

- Make sure any player who is decent "(75 ovr, 75 potential)" are being offered arbitration.
If somehow (next year) we could get these numbers into the game instead of the 'bars', I think it could help us a lot more with comparing players and choosing players for trades or free agency, etc.
I'm sure you've seen requests before...just thought this was a good time to bring it up.

Again, thanks for the patch work.

# 31 EnigmaNemesis @ 03/30/11 01:16 AM
Do not hold your breath on seeing numbers instead of bars.

I would rather see more detailed scouting reports... that way we are choosing on strengths, and not the highest number like games of the past.

# 32 SoxFan01605 @ 03/30/11 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyraq
Russell,

Great work, thank you very much. Hopefully this all parlays to a much better Franchise experience.

On a side note, and I'm only mentioning this here because it seems like you'll notice it in this thread, I noticed that you were describing players as having numbered ratings:

If somehow (next year) we could get these numbers into the game instead of the 'bars', I think it could help us a lot more with comparing players and choosing players for trades or free agency, etc.
I'm sure you've seen requests before...just thought this was a good time to bring it up.

Again, thanks for the patch work.
As long as Kolbe is around, I think you have a better shot at seeing nothing at all than numbers...lol. As I understand it, is took some prodding for him to even relent on showing them for editing.

I agree with Enigma too. I'd rather see scouting reports that have some subjectivity and depth than just basing it off of 86>84.

# 33 treyraq @ 03/30/11 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Do not hold your breath on seeing numbers instead of bars.

I would rather see more detailed scouting reports... that way we are choosing on strengths, and not the highest number like games of the past.

Or that.
Whatever it takes to make it easier to gauge how much better one guy is than another at certain skills and overall, compared to the method now. Which is:
"Okay, his ability bar goes almost to the second L in OVERALL, and this guy's goes to about midway to the first L..."

# 34 treyraq @ 03/30/11 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
As long as Kolbe is around, I think you have a better shot at seeing nothing at all than numbers...lol. As I understand it, is took some prodding for him to even relent on showing them for editing.

I agree with Enigma too. I'd rather see scouting reports that have some subjectivity and depth than just basing it off of 86>84.
I agree as well. I mean, I could've gone completely wishlist here
but just thought as long as Russell/Kolbe are using some kind of numbers system, I just wish we could, at least, get to see those in the game also.

# 35 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 03/30/11 01:44 AM
- Treat CPU controlled user teams as CPU teams for purposes of reducing trades during the season.

Is this the fix for the 30 team control trade issue ??

# 36 emath @ 03/30/11 03:58 AM
Looks great.

# 37 TheSoutherner1405 @ 03/30/11 05:27 AM
Looks fantastic. Top stuff!

# 38 PsychoBulk @ 03/30/11 06:00 AM
Fantastic...now to wait out the release of this beauty to finally fire up franchise

# 39 sbmnky @ 03/30/11 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Fantastic...now to wait out the release of this beauty to finally fire up franchise
You said it!

Nice stuff, Russ!

# 40 Entiae @ 03/30/11 06:54 AM
Great news and I hope it is released soon!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.