Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

While I do not have a time frame for the next title update, I figured the franchise guys would want to know what has been changed in franchise mode. The list below is what has been checked into the game so far.

This list does not include any other changes and bug fixes fyi.
  • Cause players with low overall to retire sooner.
  • Fixed a bug causing players to not store their initial attribute levels at the start of each season, causing progression in the offseason to appear much larger than it was since it was being calculated to the start of 2011, regardless of the current season.
  • Decisions on contract options need to be made sooner since the exclusive negotiation period was shortened from 15 to 5 days.
  • Only players with 6+ years of service time should be flagged as type A or type B free agents.
  • Players were progressing to their potential at age 26 instead of 30.
  • 99 ovr players were not correctly normalizing to 1.0f.
  • Adjusted salary curve and fixed issues with salaries in short seasons.
  • Don't backload contracts that are less than $5M per year or less than 4 years.
  • Adjusted how potentials are assigned to generated players.
  • More logic to see if a contract should be tendered to a player before allowing him to become a free agent. Also, more accurate calculation for salary reserved for minor league players under the team's control.
  • Fixed some bugs with the popup message in multi-user franchise mode when minor league teams secure a bye in the playoffs.
  • Make sure any player who is decent (75 ovr, 75 potential) are being offered arbitration. Also, make sure free agents were offered arbitration by the CPU and teams didn't receive compensation picks for players to whom they didn't offer arbitration.
  • Make sure that contract offers and arbitration offers aren't cleared when a player becomes a free agent at the end of the 5 day exclusive negotiation period.
  • Need more 1 year contracts for arbitration eligible players.
  • Make the best available player the most valuable if the team is missing minor leaguers.
  • Set team strategies for the user teams as well.
  • All minor leaguers should have 1 year contracts by default.
  • Treat CPU controlled user teams as CPU teams for purposes of reducing trades during the season.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 countryboy @ 04/17/11 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiuguyz
Does anyone have a RELATIVE idea of when it'll be out? I mean...this month?
This year....

# 122 Knight165 @ 04/17/11 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb20098
The reason iam waiting for the patch to come out before i start my franchise is because i want to play my franshise as the texas rangers. i like playing the mom mode evertime i still 2nd base the computer takes over on the next pitch and attemps to still 3rd sometimes i make it but alot of times i dont so i hope the patch will fix it.
Well you can start playing now.
Don't use the quick steal shortcut.
Simply hit X....highlight the player and choose STEAL 2nd instead of the shortcut "STEAL ALL" button.
The steal command doesn't stick when using that method.

M.K.
Knight165

# 123 KuruptOwnz @ 04/17/11 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Well you can start playing now.
Don't use the quick steal shortcut.
Simply hit X....highlight the player and choose STEAL 2nd instead of the shortcut "STEAL ALL" button.
The steal command doesn't stick when using that method.

M.K.
Knight165
He can't advance past this season though.

# 124 Bat @ 04/17/11 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruptOwnz
He can't advance past this season though.
That's exactly my issue. I usually sim the first season. Seeing so many good young players in FA changing teams is frustrating. Too many dang transactions. One season I saw that Felix got traded for Wainwright then the Cards traded him to SF for Lincecum.

# 125 joekirby @ 04/17/11 12:55 PM
I think you should be able to keep players and not let them retire, it would get annoying when playing a 30 year franchise and many good players and allstars just starting retiring.

# 126 Mike3207 @ 04/17/11 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
Can anyone please help me. I want to start my RTTS but I don't know if I should wait till the next title update. I know that the update will also work for in-progress season but still a little skeptic.
Start the RTTS but don't progress the 1st season.My guess is that the patch will only effect events after your last save. So if Mike Leake enters FA after the 1st offseason, the update won't have him renewed for the minimum if you saved after the 1st offseaon. Same thing applies to franchise if you don't put all 30 teams on Manual for the offseason stuff.

# 127 Sports fanantic @ 04/17/11 01:41 PM
Quote:
Hmmm..

How are some random guys from the internet more likely to "help" you than the guys who make the game!?

So if WE tell you to start...you'd be good to go?

I'm sorry, I just don't understand.(I'm not trying to be funny here...I really just don't see how we would make it less skeptical)

M.K.
Knight165
I wanted to know that most if not all of the detailed description in the next update will proceed in our in-game progress. I know that know one has the total answer but maybe someone with more knowledge of the process can advice me to start your Rtts without worry of any update not making it to your game mode or wait.

sorry for the confusion earlier!

# 128 KuruptOwnz @ 04/17/11 09:48 PM
One thing I'm disgusted about is that fact they (Sony) promoted a feature, apparently didn't beta test the franchise/RTTS modes, and now we have an issue that nullifies two of the main modes of the game...

If MLB2K was any less glitchy, I'd play that but apparently that surfers from game killers as well.

More importantly, we are going on a month now and no since of urgency by Sony. Yes, they give out fantastic information, however, still no word on if this will be released tomorrow or next year.

# 129 BoSoxPujols @ 04/18/11 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
I wanted to know that most if not all of the detailed description in the next update will proceed in our in-game progress. I know that know one has the total answer but maybe someone with more knowledge of the process can advice me to start your Rtts without worry of any update not making it to your game mode or wait.

sorry for the confusion earlier!

You can start your RTTS. The patch will take effect on pre-existing chises and RTTS's.

Not sure how to make it any more clear.

# 130 KuruptOwnz @ 04/18/11 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSoxPujols

You can start your RTTS. The patch will take effect on pre-existing chises and RTTS's.

Not sure how to make it any more clear.
However, you can't progress past the 1st year.

# 131 EnigmaNemesis @ 04/18/11 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruptOwnz
However, you can't progress past the 1st year.
And you can play one whole year in a month?

Amazing!

And you can progress. Not like the game freezes.

# 132 SoxFan01605 @ 04/18/11 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

Amazing!

Some people like to simulate past the first year and start in year two. Everyone approaches it differently.

And yes, you technically can progress, but I think the point was simply that if you are the type to sim a lot, and want to be able to progress with everything working as advertised, you need to hold off unto the patch is out. I'd imagine it won't be long until it's out though.

# 133 Knight165 @ 04/18/11 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Some people like to simulate past the first year and start in year two. Everyone approaches it differently.

And yes, you technically can progress, but I think the point was simply that if you are the type to sim a lot, and want to be able to progress with everything working as advertised, you need to hold off unto the patch is out. I'd imagine it won't be long until it's out though.

Don't the problems hit in year 3 though?

M.K.
Knight165

# 134 SoxFan01605 @ 04/18/11 01:00 PM
Quote:
Don't the problems hit in year 3 though?

M.K.
Knight165
Well, I think it depends on which problems we're talking about. My understanding is that the FA issue is year 3, but the issues with guys not getting arbitration happens in the first off season, so if you're a single team franchise guy, you're stuck with that if you don't wait it out.

I play 30 team and am anal about roster stuff, so not only do I not run into a lot of these issues (since I'm so hands on), but I couldn't get to the off season this fast if I tried...lol. I can understand the frustration of those who are in a holding pattern though.

# 135 Mike3207 @ 04/18/11 01:07 PM
You can progress past the 1st year in franchise only if you're using 30 team control and you put the offseason stuff on Manual. If you're not, don't bother as the offseason game AI is really bad until we get that patch. RTTS is even worse. You can't go past the 1st year because the Game AI makes really bad trades, there's no interaction to remove yourself from the trade block, and more often than not the team lets key players at the end of contract enter FA. I had 1 RTTS where after my 500K contract was up in AAA, the team offered me a 1 year 10,000,000 deal!You definitely want to wait for that patch past tthe 1st year.

# 136 Still2REal @ 04/18/11 02:15 PM
Just wait until the patch comes out.

I don't see why everyone acts like waiting a month or two is going to matter that much. We all know you will probably restart the franchise at some point in time anyway so just start a franchise with the expectation that you will restart when the new patch comes out.

This franchise killing glitch happened in '10 too with too many A-potential players and then the run scoring issue. You ought to be used to this type of thing by now. Yeah we know it sucks and it's not cool, but the game is still playable atm as is franchise mode.

Personally- despite what they say, I'm still holding out until the patch drops to be 100 sure. Then I'll have the best OS rosters with pitch edits and equipment changes, plus I can see who I need to adjust etc.

And don't get it twisted I'm not the one to blanket defend developers of ANY GAME regardless of their track record, but this issue it nothing

# 137 KuruptOwnz @ 04/18/11 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

Amazing!

That's not what I meant and you know it.

# 138 countryboy @ 04/18/11 05:25 PM
and people wonder how I complete so many seasons in franchise mode. I just play the game.

# 139 tessl @ 04/19/11 01:25 PM
I hope this was an oversight, I don't see on the list a fix for the trade problem. I see the cpu expressing 100% interest in trades but then they reject the trade. I've offered my best pitcher for Baltimore's worst pitcher and the showed great interest but rejected the trade.

Hopefully this will be included in this patch.

# 140 HustlinOwl @ 04/19/11 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl
I hope this was an oversight, I don't see on the list a fix for the trade problem. I see the cpu expressing 100% interest in trades but then they reject the trade. I've offered my best pitcher for Baltimore's worst pitcher and the showed great interest but rejected the trade.

Hopefully this will be included in this patch.
You offered your best pitcher who is that and who are you trying to get in exchange?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.