Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

While I do not have a time frame for the next title update, I figured the franchise guys would want to know what has been changed in franchise mode. The list below is what has been checked into the game so far.

This list does not include any other changes and bug fixes fyi.
  • Cause players with low overall to retire sooner.
  • Fixed a bug causing players to not store their initial attribute levels at the start of each season, causing progression in the offseason to appear much larger than it was since it was being calculated to the start of 2011, regardless of the current season.
  • Decisions on contract options need to be made sooner since the exclusive negotiation period was shortened from 15 to 5 days.
  • Only players with 6+ years of service time should be flagged as type A or type B free agents.
  • Players were progressing to their potential at age 26 instead of 30.
  • 99 ovr players were not correctly normalizing to 1.0f.
  • Adjusted salary curve and fixed issues with salaries in short seasons.
  • Don't backload contracts that are less than $5M per year or less than 4 years.
  • Adjusted how potentials are assigned to generated players.
  • More logic to see if a contract should be tendered to a player before allowing him to become a free agent. Also, more accurate calculation for salary reserved for minor league players under the team's control.
  • Fixed some bugs with the popup message in multi-user franchise mode when minor league teams secure a bye in the playoffs.
  • Make sure any player who is decent (75 ovr, 75 potential) are being offered arbitration. Also, make sure free agents were offered arbitration by the CPU and teams didn't receive compensation picks for players to whom they didn't offer arbitration.
  • Make sure that contract offers and arbitration offers aren't cleared when a player becomes a free agent at the end of the 5 day exclusive negotiation period.
  • Need more 1 year contracts for arbitration eligible players.
  • Make the best available player the most valuable if the team is missing minor leaguers.
  • Set team strategies for the user teams as well.
  • All minor leaguers should have 1 year contracts by default.
  • Treat CPU controlled user teams as CPU teams for purposes of reducing trades during the season.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 tessl @ 04/19/11 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
You offered your best pitcher who is that and who are you trying to get in exchange?
In that case it was John McDonald for D prospect Robby Simpson but that was just used as an example of what I and others are experiencing. The interest level is 100% but the trade is rejected.

It's akin to having a general manager agreeing to a trade over the phone and then rejecting in when put in writing. The interest level in the game is the equivalent of talking to the other team's general manager and it is broken in this years game.

Hopefully the absence on the list is just an oversight and it is being fixed.

# 142 vegaas @ 04/19/11 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl
In that case it was John McDonald for D prospect Robby Simpson but that was just used as an example of what I and others are experiencing. The interest level is 100% but the trade is rejected.

It's akin to having a general manager agreeing to a trade over the phone and then rejecting in when put in writing. The interest level in the game is the equivalent of talking to the other team's general manager and it is broken in this years game.

Hopefully the absence on the list is just an oversight and it is being fixed.
I actually dont mind that this happens. I look at it as the other GM was interested but upon further consideration decided it wasnt best for his team. Then its back to the table for further discussions.
Its not like this happens all of the time.

P.S. Well after reading through it appears it does happen more often than I thought. I havent done much trading my franchise so I only noticed this once. I actually thought it was kind of cool, like the GM reconsidered. Oh well, yet another bug that hopefully gets fixed. BTW, I would have bet money that today would have been patch day, guess I was wrong again.

# 143 countryboy @ 04/19/11 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl;2042320619[b
]I hope this was an oversight, I don't see on the list a fix for the trade problem.[/b] I see the cpu expressing 100% interest in trades but then they reject the trade. I've offered my best pitcher for Baltimore's worst pitcher and the showed great interest but rejected the trade.

Hopefully this will be included in this patch.
In case you didn't see it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by first post with list of fixes

This list does not include any other changes and bug fixes fyi.

# 144 KuruptOwnz @ 04/20/11 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
In case you didn't see it...
Doesn't mean they aren't going to potentially release more fixes in this update. It means that particular list doesn't have any more bug fixes.

It has almost been a month, the likelihood of more fixes is quite high.

# 145 spitoon @ 04/20/11 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruptOwnz
It means that particular list doesn't have any more bug fixes.
I actually read that exactly opposite of what you do...

I read it as that was a partial list of fixes to be included in the upcoming patch. That list doesn't include everything that they are planning to fix.

# 146 LastActionHero @ 04/20/11 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitoon

I read it as that was a partial list of fixes to be included in the upcoming patch. That list doesn't include everything that they are planning to fix.
Same here!
I interpreted as a quick list what they got so far to keep the franchise buffs happy for the time being.

I'm assuming it will also include other fixes besides franchise.

# 147 EnigmaNemesis @ 04/20/11 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Same here!
I interpreted as a quick list what they got so far to keep the franchise buffs happy for the time being.

You can guarantee it will

# 148 KuruptOwnz @ 04/20/11 04:56 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Same here!

Actually, you read it the same as I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
You can guarantee it will

# 149 spitoon @ 04/20/11 06:30 PM
Quote:
Actually, you read it the same as I did.

Ha...okay. I think I was confused by the double negatives.

All good

# 150 KuruptOwnz @ 04/20/11 07:15 PM
Quote:
Ha...okay. I think I was confused by the double negatives.

All good
My fault, I was incorrect.

All good, my "bad" if you will. :P

# 151 KuruptOwnz @ 04/21/11 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiuguyz
Hoping it comes out today, but it won't...I'm guessing May 5th...
My guess if it is to be released in May (which I kind of doubt), the third week of May, (May 16th) would be the date. Last year, they released patch 3 on the 18h.

# 152 Dodgersnlakers109 @ 04/21/11 07:56 PM
Hope this is coming soon so i can start my new RTTS. I made it to the bigs in 2013 but to many big names are gone so ill be waiting for this.

# 153 tessl @ 04/22/11 09:10 PM
Quote:
Doesn't mean they aren't going to potentially release more fixes in this update. It means that particular list doesn't have any more bug fixes.

It has almost been a month, the likelihood of more fixes is quite high.
Well I just downloaded the patch and offered the White Sox a trade. They expressed 100% interested and rejected the trade.

Doesn't look like this is on their radar screen.

# 154 Neolithic @ 04/22/11 09:12 PM
less necro, more stickied impressions thread please.

# 155 jeremym480 @ 04/22/11 10:49 PM
Quote:
Well I just downloaded the patch and offered the White Sox a trade. They expressed 100% interested and rejected the trade.

Just an FYI... Pre-Patch, in my A's franchise, I had Washington offer Arizona a trade. I didn't like it so, I withdrew the original trade. Then created a new deal with one more player added. The day after I offered the trade there was an email saying that it was declined. Then, the next day the trade went through. I'm not sure if this happens often as this was the first and only time I attempted a trade.

# 156 georgiafan @ 04/23/11 11:25 AM
so i guess this is the patch I just downloaded?

# 157 countryboy @ 04/23/11 11:44 AM
if it was 1.16 then yes

# 158 countryboy @ 04/23/11 11:45 AM
Quote:

I don't view this as that big of an issue. I mean, I could really do without the interest bar. Just offer a deal, if they like it great, if they don't then offer up something better, or withdraw the trade and wait for them to make a counter offer

# 159 callmetaternuts @ 04/23/11 12:47 PM
I agree, in MLB trades, there is no interest bar. You call up and say hey, we want so and so, we'll give you player A and B. They'll call back and say yes or no. Sometimes, they'll use that as leverage.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.