Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in NCAA Football 12.

New offensive plays will be shown every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while a new defensive play every Tuesday and Thursday. Each new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to NCAA Football 12.

Play #14 features the Cover 3 Bluff.

Quote:
"Nickel 2-4-5 Cover 3 Bluff - The complimentary play to the Nickel 2-4-5 Slant Zone 2, the Nickel 2-4-5 Cover 3 Bluff uses the exact same pre-snap movement by the linebackers, defensive tackles, and nickel cornerback. This scheme falls in line with what’s known as an “illusion” defense. The defense gives the offense the appearance of an all out blitz with the exotic look, but in reality it’s a basic 3 deep, 4 under zone coverage."

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Senator Palmer @ 03/31/11 12:03 PM
I'm glad to see that "bluff" or "show" plays are being integrated into the game. As it is now, you can show blitz out of any defensive play, but I have always felt that the look should be part of the call, just like it is in real life, because, right now, showing blitz out of certain coverages can get your defenders WAAAAYYYY out of position.

# 2 Knight9299 @ 03/31/11 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10

Nickel 2-4-5 Cover 3 Bluff – The complimentary play to the Nickel 2-4-5 Slant Zone 2, the Nickel 2-4-5 Cover 3 Bluff uses the exact same pre-snap movement by the linebackers, defensive tackles, and nickel cornerback. This scheme falls in line with what’s known as an “illusion” defense. The defense gives the offense the appearance of an all out blitz with the exotic look, but in reality it’s a basic 3 deep, 4 under zone coverage.
Now I'm legitimately excited. Now tell us more about the tweaks made to gameplay and life will be good.

# 3 thescorpio1985 @ 03/31/11 03:55 PM
This is my version of some of A&M nickel looks with formation subs this play can be BEASTLY!!!

# 4 44drob @ 03/31/11 06:49 PM
" Bluff !!! "

# 5 reyes the roof @ 03/31/11 11:44 PM
I really like the bluff idea, what I really wish they would do is give us the option of picking what look we come out in pre snap. I rarely blitz, but it would be nice to come out in a cover 3 look and run cover 2 etc

# 6 mikehud @ 04/01/11 12:39 PM
now, all we need is for the zone coverage to be a**usted, then we are golden! as long as they don't take it too far the other way!!

# 7 Palo20 @ 04/02/11 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I really like the bluff idea, what I really wish they would do is give us the option of picking what look we come out in pre snap. I rarely blitz, but it would be nice to come out in a cover 3 look and run cover 2 etc
Absolutely, we should have control over all pre snap movement and "looks." It would add so much variety to defense.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.