Home
Madden 12 News Post

ESPN has posted the second round results for the Madden NFL 12 cover athlete voting. Round 3 voting has begun. What are your thoughts so far?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 goodygoody @ 04/06/11 02:01 PM
Im lovin' the idea of Vick being on the cover. As someone said earlier, the story couldn't get any better. But aside from that, which player best represents what Madden is trying to do now? Madden wants a second chance, they're hoping to win back the fans that they've lost, and they are, hopefully, doing whatever it takes to return to elite status. If Rodgers wins, hey, my heads not down. I like him as a player and he is just as deserving as the next guy. But, if I have any say, Vick will win it all.

# 42 shadthedad @ 04/06/11 09:38 PM
Vick is winning this! Guaranteed!

# 43 lolo5227 @ 04/06/11 09:56 PM
I think Rodgers will win, but would not be surprised if Vick wins.

# 44 RedZoneD25 @ 04/07/11 12:51 AM
As a non-believer of the Madden Curse and a diehard Eagles fan, I hope to see Vick on the cover. My vote went to Patrick Willis though, he's a monster and defense needs some love.

# 45 poilbrun @ 04/07/11 05:36 AM
I don't want a QB on the cover on principles: they are 1 starter out of 22 and how many covers did they already get?

But I'd love to witness the uproar if Vick won!

# 46 Exonerated @ 04/07/11 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poilbrun
I don't want a QB on the cover on principles: they are 1 starter out of 22 and how many covers did they already get?

But I'd love to witness the uproar if Vick won!
How can it be an uproar, if he is the most popular player?

# 47 Nerox23 @ 04/07/11 09:34 AM
VICK! VICK! VICK!

# 48 kjcheezhead @ 04/07/11 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodygoody
Im lovin' the idea of Vick being on the cover. As someone said earlier, the story couldn't get any better. But aside from that, which player best represents what Madden is trying to do now? Madden wants a second chance, they're hoping to win back the fans that they've lost, and they are, hopefully, doing whatever it takes to return to elite status. If Rodgers wins, hey, my heads not down. I like him as a player and he is just as deserving as the next guy. But, if I have any say, Vick will win it all.
If EA had chosen Vick outright for this reason, I would have supported it and said as much in the Vick for cover athlete thread.

But seeing fans vote Ron Mexico onto the cover just shows me what people are willing to overlook when you are an amazing athlete.

# 49 Steve_OS @ 04/07/11 05:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...ig-madden-vote

Seems Vick and "All Day" are leading the way, so far.

# 50 42 @ 04/07/11 05:19 PM
SMH.

Vick doesn't deserve it, at all.

# 51 TrapStar215 @ 04/07/11 08:28 PM
So I hear Drew is getting beat BADLY!

# 52 goodygoody @ 04/07/11 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols bravesfan
Why doesn't he?
the same old stuff dude.. dont even bother.

# 53 gr18 @ 04/07/11 10:46 PM
The only thing I have against Vick on the cover is that he was already.Same with Brees,although I don't to see an idiot like Adrian Peterson that is a self proclaimed slave that makes 10 million this year.

Aaron Rodgers should be the clearcut winner here.

# 54 SouthernBrick @ 04/07/11 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
So I hear Drew is getting beat BADLY!
No surprise there, nobody really wants to see the same guy on the cover 2 years in a row. Even if I was a Saints fan I wouldn't want to see him on the cover again, not for the 2nd year in a row at least.

Voted for Hillis even though he wouldn't look as good on the cover as the Chiefs running back but, I'd like to see a upset.

Anyone know if Hillis has the edge or if Jamaal Charles(I think thats how you spell his first name) is winning?

# 55 mestevo @ 04/07/11 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
No surprise there, nobody really wants to see the same guy on the cover 2 years in a row. Even if I was a Saints fan I wouldn't want to see him on the cover again, not for the 2nd year in a row at least.

Voted for Hillis even though he wouldn't look as good on the cover as the Chiefs running back but, I'd like to see a upset.

Anyone know if Hillis has the edge or if Jamaal Charles(I think thats how you spell his first name) is winning?
A couple days ago Hillis was beating Charles.

Hills has as good a chance of getting by Rodgers as Willis has getting by Vick.

# 56 SouthernBrick @ 04/08/11 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
A couple days ago Hillis was beating Charles.

Hills has as good a chance of getting by Rodgers as Willis has getting by Vick.
Don't expect Hillis or Willis to get the cover. Although I wouldn't mind Willis because, he's a defensive player and a bit of a beast.

I expect Rodgers to get the cover. He was my pick before the bracket even came out. He just fits better than any other player IMO plus winning the SB doesn't hurt.

# 57 mestevo @ 04/08/11 01:10 AM
Rodgers has gotten more votes than Vick each round, little reason to expect that to change

# 58 Exonerated @ 04/08/11 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Rodgers has gotten more votes than Vick each round, little reason to expect that to change
That's true.

But head-to-head, anything can happen.

There may be more Packer fans voting Rodgers each week. But all those who vote against Rodgers will join the Vick bandwagon.

Take it to the bank!

# 59 coogrfan @ 04/08/11 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Vick Vick Vick!
I'm doing everything in my power to ensure that the Madden Curse hammer falls squarely on Michael Vick's head.

# 60 Chrisksaint @ 04/09/11 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
This. I voted for Brees against Freeman and Sanchez just cause I don't like them, I voted for AP this time around to help ensure the Madden Curse gets past on(even if it wasn't all that bad to Brees lol)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.