Home
Madden 12 News Post

Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in Madden NFL 12.

To be clear, there are more than 25 new plays in the game. Each day, a new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to Madden NFL 12.

Play #11 features the Jets Slot Post.

Quote:
"Jets - Snugs - Jets Slot Post - The Jets love to try and confuse the defense with different looks and this is one of the formations they utilize to do just that. On this play, the two outside receivers run wheel routes to stretch the field while the slot receiver runs a post down the middle. This play was used in week 10 against Cleveland for a 25 yard TD pass from Mark Sanchez to Jerricho Cotchery."

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jarodd21 @ 04/07/11 10:08 AM
Nice play...

# 2 BezO @ 04/07/11 10:14 AM
The offensive plays have all looked good. I hope there are some new & enhanced "features" on defense to go along with these.

# 3 roadman @ 04/07/11 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
The offensive plays have all looked good. I hope there are some new & enhanced "features" on defense to go along with these.
I agree, I hope to see new and revamped defensive plays.

# 4 Senator Palmer @ 04/07/11 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree, I hope to see new and revamped defensive plays.
Hopefully the defensive additions will go past just raw plays, but to real tools needed to defeat so-called "zone killers", such as pattern reading.

# 5 WFColonel56 @ 04/07/11 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymaker52
Nice play, but cover 1 press, with the MLB playing zone shuts this play down 9 times out of 10, and that is my favorite defensive play to use when I think the other team is passing.
i dont think so, both wheel routes can beat u deep depending on who their Wrs are. Your Deep zone will stay in the middle of the field and wont be able to help to defend the pass, but might be there to make the tackle

the middle route+ post combo will take care of your user MLB....throw where u are not

and dnt forget about the check down

Defending this play in a man defense will 100% will come down to the individual match ups.. Cover 3 and maybe even cover 4 (with playmaker adjustments) are better choices to defend the play

# 6 tjizzle @ 04/07/11 01:07 PM
Quote:
Nice play, but cover 1 press, with the MLB playing zone shuts this play down 9 times out of 10, and that is my favorite defensive play to use when I think the other team is passing.
Good luck trying to press Braylon Edwards, this play is a guaranteed completion every time unless you have good user skills.

# 7 Palo20 @ 04/07/11 01:20 PM
Quote:
Whats the point? Every offensive play has defensive plays that will stop it. That's why you have many offensive plays to choose from.

# 8 WFColonel56 @ 04/07/11 02:08 PM
i dont knw if it was a rumor or not but i read somewhere (i cnt remember) that the madden team was waiting 2 weeks (from the time that I read it) to post defensive plays....so idk next week

again i dont know how legit that info is

# 9 roadman @ 04/07/11 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
i dont knw if it was a rumor or not but i read somewhere (i cnt remember) that the madden team was waiting 2 weeks (from the time that I read it) to post defensive plays....so idk next week

Not a rumor, Dewiel from EA came in here a week ago and mentioned in a thread somewhere.

# 10 Senator Palmer @ 04/07/11 02:22 PM
Quote:

This was in the "Zona Short Post" thread back on the 31st, posted by Dewiel.

Quote:
Dewiel EA Sports Community Mgr.

For those of you who have been asking, we will be showing new defensive plays in Madden NFL 12 down the road. We are starting out with the offensive plays and will switch to the defensive side of the ball in a few weeks. Thanks –JD

# 11 WFColonel56 @ 04/07/11 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Not a rumor, Dewiel from EA came in here a week ago and mentioned in a thread somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
This was in the "Zona Short Post" thread back on the 31st, posted by Dewiel.
You guys are the man.....or men lol

# 12 BezO @ 04/07/11 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
yea the fact that the NCAA team is showing off offense AND defensive plays while the Madden team is only showing offense is leading me to believe that defense once again will be neglected.
The fact that we're even talking about defense "plays" is a problem for me. Until we can build schemes ourselves, defense will be at a major disadvantage.

At the least, we need individual shading, individual press/bail options, seperate SS in the box option, edge rushing, contain assignments on every defensive "play", better pursuit & coverage AI.

# 13 Dewiel @ 04/07/11 09:38 PM
I think you guys are going to be impressed with the defensive plays that we have to show you. We'll be getting to the defensive side of the ball shortly.

# 14 LionsFanNJ @ 04/07/11 10:12 PM
Looking forward to seeing some of those crazy Jets "non" formation blitzes they like to run.

sent from parts unknown

# 15 WFColonel56 @ 04/07/11 10:26 PM
hopefully a new 4-3 formation....wink wink

# 16 aceinyaface3 @ 04/10/11 10:59 AM
Quote:
i dont think so, both wheel routes can beat u deep depending on who their Wrs are. Your Deep zone will stay in the middle of the field and wont be able to help to defend the pass, but might be there to make the tackle

the middle route+ post combo will take care of your user MLB....throw where u are not

and dnt forget about the check down

Defending this play in a man defense will 100% will come down to the individual match ups.. Cover 3 and maybe even cover 4 (with playmaker adjustments) are better choices to defend the play
I was thinking the same thing. Obviously, in most cases, you won't know a OC's plays, but if you know there are going to be 3 deep routes, and you call Cover 1 without a blitz, you're asking for trouble. The fact that the X and Y receivers are running fades means that they'll be down the field pretty quickly after the jam, which means the safety is going to have to commit to one of these receivers rather hastily. He may have a chance to help the post route if he commits to the X receiver, but that's only slight. He'll be no help to anyone else if he has to commit to the Y receiver. More than likely, you're leaving 2 corners, probably the 3rd toughest position to play in football, butt naked to get exposed deep with no help.

Cover 4 works better here, but Cover 3 might be best, assuming there are no adjustments to either.

Oh, and sorry, but I used actual football 'X' and 'Y' terms. Not the corresponding Xbox terms. Hope that doesn't cause confusions

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.