Home
WWE All Stars News Post

Classifying a wrestling game as "arcade" is a bit of an oxymoron to me. With spectacular showmanship, high-flying acrobatics, bright colorful costumes and dialogue that has more in common with a soap opera than a major motion picture, the very essence of the WWE is over the top, and WWE All Stars nails this atmosphere better than any wrestling game in recent memory. With a great roster and a control scheme that is almost as good, you'll be hard pressed not to fall in love with THQ's rookie wrestling franchise.

Read More - WWE All Stars Review (360)

Game: WWE All StarsReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 8 - View All
WWE All Stars Videos
Member Comments
# 1 malachijohn666 @ 04/07/11 12:09 PM
What is "Fantasy warefar "?

# 2 bigdipper88 @ 04/07/11 01:33 PM
Ah, ya stated the commentators are King & Cole...how can you get J.R.'s voice mixed up thinking it's Cole? & please don't ask where divas are, they never should belong in a game like this & I think 90% would agree. It's a ton of fun & I won my copy at Axxess on Saturday & went to Wrestlemania

# 3 Mercury112491 @ 04/07/11 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i disagree with this game having legs because the gameplay gets boring very fast. The over the top animations and moves combined with no move list for specific moves made me grow tired after 5 mins of playing the game.

I wish they went the route of the arcade game WWF Superstars or the WCW/NWO / WWF No Mercy games instead of basically making an NFL Street version of wrestling.
what does that mean?

# 4 Sausage @ 04/07/11 02:42 PM
This game is on my radar along with the Official Prima Strategy Guide. When I get it I expect to really take my time to learn the ins and out of several characters (Hogan and Warrior mainly).

I want to wait for a price drop, but I may get impatient.

# 5 Mercury112491 @ 04/07/11 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
when you pause the menu and look at controls they show you how to strong grapple and such but there is no move list such as this button combined with this button = backbreaker. I'm assuming there is some sort of strategy guide which you can buy that would say all of this but i'm not buying a strategy guide for a game that will only hold my interest for 10 mins.
uhh the controls are not that hard. Strong grapple+face button and weak grapple+face button equal most of the moves. The only thing you need to figure out is where the signature moves are supposed to come from. Did you want the game to play itself for you as well?

# 6 Bumble14 @ 04/07/11 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
Ah, ya stated the commentators are King & Cole...how can you get J.R.'s voice mixed up thinking it's Cole? & please don't ask where divas are, they never should belong in a game like this & I think 90% would agree. It's a ton of fun & I won my copy at Axxess on Saturday & went to Wrestlemania
Sorry guys, this was a typo on my part.

# 7 Bumble14 @ 04/07/11 04:24 PM
I was writing the review during Wrestlemania so Cole was on my brain and slipped in there.

# 8 Kenny Halt @ 04/08/11 06:55 AM
thats ridiculous

# 9 SportsGamerShow @ 04/13/11 01:19 PM
Robust create-a-character? You must be playing another game or didn't dig deep into the mode, because you can't edit movesets or taunts, the amount of clothing options is lacking compared to other past games and you can't even edit sig moves. CAW is decent, but saying it's "robust" is ridiculous.

# 10 ccrimson @ 06/27/11 02:25 PM
This is the ideal example of an arcade game. It surely got its 15 minutes of fame and thats how long it takes to get bored with this game. This game lacks in-depth gameplay and visual effects.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.