Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 LingeringRegime @ 04/13/11 03:26 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!

Shocking reason!

# 2 JerzeyReign @ 04/13/11 03:38 PM
Damn, I thought he was going to say don't buy it because they took out 'Flash KOs'

I wonder if he realizes that he has been created (very good replica too) and he's still in the game.

# 3 Hova57 @ 04/13/11 03:41 PM
why is it someone who makes millions boxing would want to be PAID or get stacks out of an endorsement. That's not his money maker his money maker is his butt in ring. not worrying about not being given enough money from a videogame. That attitude is why he is where he is.

# 4 DurtySoufReppin @ 04/13/11 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
why is it someone who makes millions boxing would want to be PAID or get stacks out of an endorsement. That's not his money maker his money maker is his butt in ring. not worrying about not being given enough money from a videogame. That attitude is why he is where he is.
his name is a brand... can't really blame him... he can do what he wants with his name...selfish or not

# 5 Vast @ 04/13/11 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
his name is a brand... can't really blame him... he can do what he wants with his name...selfish or not
He's an idiot. That was free money and promotion he turned down.

It's like getting paid to be in a commercial you never have to do anything to be in.

What other videogame is gonna pay him to be in it?

# 6 capp34 @ 04/13/11 06:08 PM
Maybe he is not hurting for money.

# 7 Pappy Knuckles @ 04/13/11 06:48 PM
I can't blame Floyd for wanting to get paid to be in the game. I wonder exactly how much he feels is a fair value for his likeness though.

# 8 molokoplus @ 04/13/11 08:48 PM
That's what the man says, but in reality it's just one more way for him and his camp to ensure that he never steps inside the ring with Manny Pacquiao. Not to mention how much it would wound his ego to be rated lower than other boxers on the game.

# 9 Money99 @ 04/13/11 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capp34
Maybe he is not hurting for money.
The IRS hopes so.

# 10 Vast @ 04/13/11 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
why shouldn't he want to be paid?
He should definitely get paid. But i guarantee you he probably wanted over a million dollars and the name of the game to be changed to his name.

I think half a mill to be in 2 games is good. Its half a million dollars earned for doing NOTHING AT ALL.

# 11 statum71 @ 04/13/11 11:34 PM
We already knew this. When it comes to gaming.....the heck with Floyd. I can still enjoy it.

I'm sure they didn't ask him to do it for "free."

# 12 bigsmallwood @ 04/13/11 11:59 PM
I told people this...Floyd wants an outrageous payday to be in the game....smh

# 13 sacballa @ 04/14/11 12:09 AM
I agree with FMJ EA robs everyone including us....

# 14 jak34310 @ 04/14/11 03:10 AM
SRRY TO PUT IT TO YOU THIS WAY FLOYD BUT FIGHT NIGHT IS A GAME OF REAL BOXERS. YOUR NOT IN IT CUZ YOU DONT WANT TO FIGHT MANNY. SO STOP COMPLANING LIKE A GIRL AND MAN UP AND FIGHT MANNY. IF NOT THEN YOU DONT DESERVE TO BE IN THE GAME.

# 15 DaveDQ @ 04/14/11 08:28 AM
Did you hear that 2K Sports? Nobody wants to pay him, 2K Sports. Did you hear that?

# 16 tyreeii @ 04/14/11 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
We already knew this. When it comes to gaming.....the heck with Floyd. I can still enjoy it.

I'm sure they didn't ask him to do it for "free."
I agree with you, we can create him and it is his right to accept or reject the offer given to him. It is unfortunate because he was in every Fight Night or Knockout Kings game up until round 3 (if I am not mistaken).

I am not surprised by this, some people have different ideas of "fair compensation" the singer PRince also turned down a Guitar Hero game because he felt they were not offering enough money. In his word "I ain't mad at them. I hear it made, like, $2 billion and they came to us and offered us a very small portion of that," so I figure Floyd feels the same. way. I will keep playing and enjoying the game regardless.

# 17 SHAKYR @ 04/14/11 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
You know EA paid Tyson, Muhammad Ali and quite a few other rich boxers to be in the game, right? Tyson and Ali they paid large sums of money.
They(EA) even went out their way to pay for the recent DLC roster boxers. Rocky Marciano, Jack Johnson, and Jack Dempsey trust me didn't object to their families charging large sums for their likeness.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. would bring sells to EA and who actually benefits from this? The fans? No! EA will benefit greatly.

# 18 jWILL253 @ 04/14/11 10:51 AM
@Agent 007 Um... Phil Jackson has a ring for each finger, both thumbs, and a toe. How is that overrated?

# 19 Hydro Mask @ 04/14/11 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
Floyd Mayweather Jr. would bring sells to EA
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've never purchased a game based on the roster.

# 20 SHAKYR @ 04/14/11 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
when it comes to boxing games the roster is one of the main reasons i buy or don't buy a game.
Gameplay all day! I'm still holding out for the game to work properly.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.