Home
Madden 12 News Post

vln13 cropped up this Madden NFL 12 image from an earlier tweet today, from Phil Frazier, where he snapped off a quick picture to share with everyone.

We know the image isn't the greatest of quality, but what else do you see in the picture?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 BezO @ 04/14/11 10:13 AM
I see they're still holding onto meters. Why not do kicking like NBA 2K does free throws?

It's a still, but I dont' see any change to the gunner/DB set up. Will we get a true double team on the gunners this year?

# 42 mike24forever @ 04/14/11 10:14 AM
The Chicken Littles of OS are out in full effect today! This place gets worse with every new game release!!! Oh, how I miss the old days here!

# 43 TDKing @ 04/14/11 10:23 AM
Looks like they finally finished Online Franchise Mode
And I see weather actually effects gameplay and your gameplanning rather than just changing the color of the field

What a joke... why even put that out. Just please shut up till you have something to really say.... come on now. oh yeah IMO of course.

# 44 D-Hiatus @ 04/14/11 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Looks like they finally finished Online Franchise Mode
And I see weather actually effects gameplay and your gameplanning rather than just changing the color of the field

What a joke... why even put that out. Just please shut up till you have something to really say.... come on now. oh yeah IMO of course.
I went back and scanned my Mental Rolodex.....does everyone remember when we first moved into the next gen system hype? When Madden 06 was making it's debut onto the xbox360 and EA SPORTS released a video showing us fans/gamers what we should expect...well I went back and found that exact video and I must say I'm highly disappointed that we never got a chance to experience what EA SPORTS pretty much led us on to believe. It sucks because if games were made like this I'm sure all of us would be siked every year!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FLhne4-TPI[/youtube]

# 45 D-Hiatus @ 04/14/11 10:50 AM

# 46 coogrfan @ 04/14/11 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I see they're still holding onto meters. Why not do kicking like NBA 2K does free throws?

I haven't played NBA 2k in several years, but if they're still using something akin to the "manipulate the left and right analog sticks simultaneously" thing they used in 2k7-2k8, thanks but no thanks.

# 47 guaps @ 04/14/11 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

I haven't played NBA 2k in several years, but if they're still using something akin to the "manipulate the left and right analog sticks simultaneously" thing they used in 2k7-2k8, thanks but no thanks.
If I remember correctly from the 2k demo, you start the free throw animation by pulling the right stick back, and you have to push it forward at the right time during the animation to get a perfect release.

Madden could do a similar thing for kicking, where you start the kicking animation when you pull back on the right stick and have to push foward at the exact moment the kicker hits the ball to get a perfect kick. Too soon or too late will affect the kick. And better kickers/lower difficult levels allow larger room for error.

Simple, yet intuitive way of using analog sticks for kicking.

# 48 SageInfinite @ 04/14/11 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
If I remember correctly from the 2k demo, you start the free throw animation by pulling the right stick back, and you have to push it forward at the right time during the animation to get a perfect release.

Madden could do a similar thing for kicking, where you start the kicking animation when you pull back on the right stick and have to push foward at the exact moment the kicker hits the ball to get a perfect kick. Too soon or too late will affect the kick. And better kickers/lower difficult levels allow larger room for error.

Yeah that's exactly how APF did it. I think it was a pretty good way to replicate it.

# 49 coogrfan @ 04/14/11 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps

That sounds like APF's kicking system, which was waaaaaay more trouble than it was worth imo.

Meter based systems are a better option for Madden because they are both familiar to longtime fans of the series while at the same time being easier for non-hardcore gamers to get the hang of.

# 50 illwill10 @ 04/14/11 11:21 AM
Quote:
That sound like APF's kicking system, which was waaaaaay more trouble than it was worth, imo.

Meter based systems are a better option for Madden because they are both familiar to longtime fans of the series while at the same time being easier for non-hardcore gamers to get the hang of.
I could never get their kicking down right. I always just used Coach mode during kicking because I could never figure it out correctly

# 51 marshallfever @ 04/14/11 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Hiatus
No matter how awkward their bodies looked in that trailer, you felt the atmosphere by the look of the game. It looked amazing. In many instances we've gone beyond that trailer in terms of body portions and movement etc, but in just pure eye candy and atmopshere, that trailer is still miles above how Madden to this day looks now.

# 52 RGiles36 @ 04/14/11 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yeah that's exactly how APF did it. I think it was a pretty good way to replicate it.
Quote:
That sounds like APF's kicking system, which was waaaaaay more trouble than it was worth imo.
Yeah, Madden has to find a happy medium. It was nice to miss kicks in APF, but it was too difficult to make them. Rewarding no doubt, but too hard. My opinion for what it's worth...

# 53 Jonsco28 @ 04/14/11 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Progressive Lighting (I'm hoping).
I sure hope so... I've been waiting since '07 for this to be back in the game.

# 54 Keenan G. @ 04/14/11 12:04 PM
I will wait until the game comes outs. Maybe just a bunch fluff like that cheerleader pick on the other thread. I hope it is better than last years Madde.

# 55 D-Hiatus @ 04/14/11 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
No matter how awkward their bodies looked in that trailer, you felt the atmosphere by the look of the game. It looked amazing. In many instances we've gone beyond that trailer in terms of body portions and movement etc, but in just pure eye candy and atmopshere, that trailer is still miles above how Madden to this day looks now.
I fully agree!

# 56 kjcheezhead @ 04/14/11 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Yeah, Madden has to find a happy medium. It was nice to miss kicks in APF, but it was too difficult to make them. Rewarding no doubt, but too hard. My opinion for what it's worth...
Well I didn't play Madden 11 for long, but when it released I remember it had a 3 button meter system that was terrible online. The lag was so bad I don't think I ever made an extra point.

The APF system was good if you had a silver or gold rated kicker, the generics made it too hard. I think it would work if they just tightened the rating part of it up a bit.

# 57 ChaseB @ 04/14/11 12:38 PM
You guys are over-thinking when it comes to what's in the bottom left and right corners.

# 58 Garrett67 @ 04/14/11 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
You guys are over-thinking when it comes to what's in the bottom left and right corners.
C'mon Sliz (sorry, can't stop calling you that), this surprises you how?

People see what they want to see.

It looks like a simple Tiger Woods like meter to me with the wind below it. I guess the old Madden meter was the same thing, 3 click with the accuracy 'green bar' at the bottom

# 59 Bgamer90 @ 04/14/11 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Yeah, when I first saw it I just thought that it was the player's name that the user has control over.

# 60 Tengo Juego @ 04/14/11 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Hiatus

You're saying that is better than this?

Madden has it's gameplay issues, but referring to that CGI trailer as a benchmark is daft.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.