Home
Madden 12 News Post

To view a larger picture, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jyoung @ 04/14/11 01:44 PM
Tecmo Bowl had sideline cheerleaders and a halftime show.

# 42 kjcheezhead @ 04/14/11 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
It seems to me that the vast majority of the presentation fiends don't want "original" -- they want something that mimics what they see when watching a real game.
Why not both? How bout going to and from commercials showing emotional shots of the game? I see that on Sundays and have never seen it in a video game.

Something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/user/sgunivny.../0/krlAE3OIzco

# 43 SageInfinite @ 04/14/11 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Why not both? How bout going to and from commercials showing emotional shots of the game? I see that on Sundays and have never seen it in a video game.

Something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/user/sgunivny.../0/krlAE3OIzco
I would cry if EA ever got presentation close to that good(camera work,timing, ect.)

# 44 berad88 @ 04/15/11 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Young_EA
There will not be cheerleaders for teams that don't have them.
What teams do not have cheerleaders? I thought all teams did.

Well at least there will be one cutscene I wont ever skip

# 45 Still2REal @ 04/15/11 12:29 AM
Madden '12 and I'm supposed to be excited about cheerleaders?

# 46 berad88 @ 04/15/11 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Off the top of my head: Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Cleveland....
I knew there was a reason why I hated those steelers so much.
This also explains why Favre never got into any cheerleader trouble in Green Bay lol

# 47 brza37 @ 04/15/11 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
What teams do not have cheerleaders? I thought all teams did.

Well at least there will be one cutscene I wont ever skip
I know its pretty shocking but only 26 of the 32 teams have cheerleaders. As of 2011, the only teams without cheerleaders are the Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, New York Giants, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, and the Pittsburgh Steelers. The February 2011 meeting of the Packers and Steelers at Super Bowl XLV was the first time a Super Bowl featured no cheerleaders.
And the Jets didn't have cheerleaders until 2006.

# 48 Exonerated @ 04/15/11 05:38 AM
Cheerleaders = Jobs.

Help the economy by hiring cheerleaders guys!

# 49 GGEden @ 04/15/11 07:11 AM
There's a "curse" surrounding the Chicago cheerleaders.
Called the Honey Bears, management decided to stop having cheerleaders after their super bowl win, and since then their run of failure has been attributed to that.

# 50 JMD @ 04/15/11 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysfan440
dude its just a little tease calm down its mid april
Yes it is just a little tease, but it is also a total waste of time. Why would you even consider spending time on adding cheerleaders that will add nothing to the game, when you have so many other issues to correct? EA's decisions make so little sense to me sometimes I just have to walk away or my head will hurt from trying to understand it all.

Seriously, what will a bad looking animated cheerleader add to a Madden football game? I know when I have the guys over on Sundays to watch the NFL, we all comment on the hotness of the cheerleaders when they get their 15 seconds of camera time. But in a video game, what's the point? Unless they make them look like the boob bouncing marvels from Dead or Alive beach Volleyball and even then , really , who cares? I buy Madden to play football. Take care of the on the field action, not the vanity from behind the sidelines.

# 51 bpac55 @ 04/15/11 10:29 AM
As an Eagles fan it looks like they have the NEW upgrades to the stadium put in the game. The Eagles are using renewable energy to power their stadium 100% and they will have turbines on top of the stadium. Looks like they put them in.

# 52 kjcheezhead @ 04/15/11 11:18 AM
Not entirely true that the Packers don't have cheerleaders. They technically don't have their own, but the UW cheerleaders are often at the game.

# 53 Nab_Impervious_XII @ 04/15/11 11:36 AM
I might buy Madden 12 if they have a cheerleader mode (like Mascot Mode in NCAA):

I don't know if I would ever snap the ball with this view.

# 54 TracerBullet @ 04/15/11 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I also don't think the Bears have any.....
Lions also do not. Vikings are the only NFC North team with official cheerleaders I believe.

# 55 statum71 @ 04/17/11 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
but it is also a total waste of time. Why would you even consider spending time on adding cheerleaders that will add nothing to the game, when you have so many other issues to correct?
Speak for yourself homie.

All the little extra things that work together in the background are the difference between an "alive" sports game like The Show or NBA 2K....and one that feels like pressing buttons like Madden. All the fine details this game hasn't had are the VERY reason this game "feels" so dead.

And guess what......NBA 2K11 has dancers too. Its minor, but its part of a bigger picture.

(Next thing you know, you guys will be saying dirty uniforms is a waste of time)

# 56 LambertandHam @ 04/17/11 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Lions also do not. Vikings are the only NFC North team with official cheerleaders I believe.
None here with the Steelers. Although with Ben around, plenty of jokes would be made

# 57 sarlndr @ 04/17/11 05:30 PM
You all crack me up.

# 58 Vikes1 @ 04/18/11 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab_Impervious_XII
I might buy Madden 12 if they have a cheerleader mode (like Mascot Mode in NCAA):

I don't know if I would ever snap the ball with this view.
Thanks for the laugh Nab!

# 59 roadman @ 04/18/11 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Cheerleaders? OH BOY! Thats AWESOME!! Oh wait, im not a 13 yr old who just hit puberty anymore.....I couldnt care less about cheerleaders....What are they IMPROVING in the game? What are they ADDING? Are they addressing locomotion or lack there of on O?

I wish more teams would go the route the steelers took....Lose the cheerleaders....So annoying and should only exist in College sports.
Oy, Michael Young already came in and said the teams that don't have cheerleaders in real life won't have them in the game.

Also, you'll need to wait like everyone else for the game play and presentation blogs coming out April 28th.

# 60 TreFacTor @ 04/18/11 01:54 PM
I just had an idea how EA could obliterate 2 birds with one stone. (I reserve all rights to this idea)

Whether it be Snickers, Old Spice, Ford, or mcDonalds; advertising is a huge part of Madden. So much so that you can't play a 30 minute game without hearing the name or tag line from the product every 2 minutes. How about the advertisers sponsor a full fledge halftime show. They could run a 1 minute (create or actual) commercial and directly toss to the halftime show complete with advertiser logo somewhere. They could put in 3 "words from the sponsor" in "commercial breaks" (completely skippable) in between discussing the current game and highlights along with news and highlights from around the league. This would eliminate the need for the dreaded plug by the announcers during commentary and eliminate the need for the annoying ad popup. Wont' happen, but I thought it was a good idea.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.