Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

ESPN 2 has announced Mark Ingram as the NCAA Football 12 cover athlete. Not a real surprise here.

The other three candidates were Oklahoma running back DeMarco Murray, ex-Auburn defensive tackle Nick Fairley and recent Washington quarterback Jake Locker.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 PaperBoyx703 @ 04/19/11 11:54 AM
Would of been a little bit more fitting if Fairley was on since they are gonna be "beefing" up the D this year. But still a nice art.

# 22 ODogg @ 04/19/11 11:57 AM
I'm glad to see an NCAA 12 announcement but who is on the cover means nothing to me since I always use a custom-Buckeye cover anyways.

# 23 blkrptnt819 @ 04/19/11 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
Yah although I could care less who it is, they could put the zips mascot on there it wouldn't effect my interest or willingness to buy the game. But this is a no-brainer. I knew it wouldn't be Fairley, with all the investigating going on at Auburn and all who knows if the NC will even stand in a few years. Besides, the only one who has accomplished anything major in their career was Ingram. Fairely was a great defensive player but he wasn't as great as another DT in 2009.
They had the Tim Tebow cover ready in 2009. It was no way he wasn't gettng it. No way possible.

# 24 woopapa @ 04/19/11 12:08 PM
well i won't be getting NCAA 12 this year.
it was bad enough looking a gator ever time i turned the game on last year.
i hope next year they have a bracket like Madden 12 did.

# 25 schumj @ 04/19/11 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
They had the Tim Teboy cover ready in 2009. It was no way he wasn't gettng it. No way possible.
Oh I agree completely. Although I knew the crying QB was sure to get it that year, I was just saying if Suh didn't get it no way should Fairley have gotten it. I think the cover is a waste of money. Not sure what they pay these guys for their likeness and promotions, but unnecessary if you ask me. Plus like I said previously I wasn't impressed with any of the choices really other than Ingram, who at least one the hesiman. I mean Fairley wasn't even the biggest name on his team, Murray was a good not great rb over his injury riddled career. Heck I can't even remember the other choice. Oh yah Jake Locker. Wow what a difference a year made for his legacy huh?

# 26 huskeraddict @ 04/19/11 12:09 PM
Here's a straight shot:

# 27 jyoung @ 04/19/11 12:17 PM
I voted Fairley, but that's a nice looking cover.

# 28 Buckeyes_Doc @ 04/19/11 12:19 PM
Good looking cover. I like the stiff arm with the A.

# 29 FroznYogurt @ 04/19/11 01:24 PM
Are all the consoles receiving the same cover or will there be different ones for each?

# 30 jared52 @ 04/19/11 02:11 PM
Quote:
...with all the investigating going on at Auburn and all who knows if the NC will even stand in a few years.
Really? Can you provide a link showing that the NCAA is investigating Auburn?

# 31 TheLeviticalLawKid3 @ 04/19/11 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared52
I'm sure he can...also, Cam Newton's going to get his Heisman taken away, Fairley won't be a first round pick because he's a dirty player, and Auburn will be stripped of the national title all in one fatal swoop.

I knew Fairley wasn't going to win because of the anti-Auburn agenda floating around college football, but Ingram would have made more since on NCAA 11 (and yes, I know he wasn't able to be on it last year because he was still playing for Bama). The only Heisman winner on the list was a lock to win...just means I will shred the cover once I get the game, print out a nice one with Chizik holding up the national title trophy, or maybe Cam's big dive at the first SC game...who knows, maybe even Fairley slamming LSU into the turf. And whenever the initial loading screen comes up, I'll just switch to regular TV until I know the game's fully loaded up by then.

Ah, custom covers are a wonderful thing.

# 32 cyclone2426 @ 04/19/11 02:25 PM
Well considering they did the photoshoot back in early February, he's had it locked for a while now. Unless they did photoshoots for all the players at the time, that would make it seemed it was rigged for Ingram to win lol.

# 33 schumj @ 04/19/11 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared52
Well if you want me to. I guess the latest would be: http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...56338/28529791

Not to mention that the Cam Newton investigation is still open and ongoing. And one of the accusers of the pay for play is scheduled to meet with the NCAA. I didn't have time to get links to the others but you could google NCAA investigating Auburn and you could easily find the multiple stories.

# 34 Husker_OS @ 04/19/11 02:33 PM
Nice! Roll Tide!

# 35 TheLeviticalLawKid3 @ 04/19/11 03:02 PM
Five quarterbacks and over seventy players rushed for more yards than Ingram did last season...man, I would've taken Jake Locker over this.

# 36 JustinJones @ 04/19/11 03:11 PM
Cool cover, but I'm sure custom covers won't go away. I wonder when/if they'll give us a template for this years cover. I always thought it was cool that EA did that.

# 37 schumj @ 04/19/11 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeviticalLawKid3
Five quarterbacks and over seventy players rushed for more yards than Ingram did last season...man, I would've taken Jake Locker over this.
I can understand your point. When I saw the list originally I was like really that's my choices? I mean Fairley had a great year, and know you like Auburn, but amidst all the hoopla couldn't vote for them, even if he isn't involved. Also because I am also biased and if big Suh didn't get a cover after having the most dominating season of any DT in history I couldn't give it to him. I mean I understand why they didn't put Cam up their despite the fact he was the most dominant player, but they could have had LaMichael James, Patrick Peterson, Von Miller, Justin Blackmon. Those all had better seasons then some of those on the list.

# 38 Husker_OS @ 04/19/11 03:35 PM
Yeah, let's ignore the fact that Mark Ingram won the Heisman and a national title in 2009. Let's also ignore the fact he didn't play in the first few games of last season due to injury.

Let's also ignore the fact that he doesn't have a rep as a dirty player(Fairley) or overrated player(Locker).

Horrible choice putting the top RB in the 2011 draft on the cover.

# 39 schumj @ 04/19/11 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker_OS
Yeah, let's ignore the fact that Mark Ingram won the Heisman and a national title in 2009. Let's also ignore the fact he didn't play in the first few games of last season due to injury.

Let's also ignore the fact that he doesn't have a rep as a dirty player(Fairley) or overrated player(Locker).

Horrible choice putting the top RB in the 2011 draft on the cover.
Actually I have stated before that he was easily the best choice. And the fact that he won the Heisman makes him the only logical choice of that group..... But 2010 was a step down for him compared to 2010. He didn't even get to 1,000 yards. While there are many reasons (injury, richardson's rise) it doesn't take away from the fact that he put up near half of what he did the previous year. I think of any of them he is the only one who deserved to be on the list, my complaint was more towards the other three choices. Of the other one's I listed who should have been on the list none of other three save Fairley stood up to them. ( Realize L James was unavailable since still at Oregon). Regardless... for the competition, the right guy won.

# 40 TheLeviticalLawKid3 @ 04/19/11 06:14 PM
Quote:
I can understand your point. When I saw the list originally I was like really that's my choices? I mean Fairley had a great year, and know you like Auburn, but amidst all the hoopla couldn't vote for them, even if he isn't involved. Also because I am also biased and if big Suh didn't get a cover after having the most dominating season of any DT in history I couldn't give it to him. I mean I understand why they didn't put Cam up their despite the fact he was the most dominant player, but they could have had LaMichael James, Patrick Peterson, Von Miller, Justin Blackmon. Those all had better seasons then some of those on the list.
The more I think about it, the more I see your point.

- Suh had a great shot to win it last year, being the best player for the previous year, but a Heisman winner (Tebow) was still available.

- Fairley had a great shot to win it this year, being the best player for the previous year (outside Cam), but a Heisman winner (Ingram) was still available.

Nothing against Ingram personally. But he had a rough last year, and I thought that might knock him down in the competition. Just stating facts...I think Richardson is a better RB than Ingram, and he might end up on a cover one day.

I didn't say Ingram didn't deserve it, I just wish it wouldn't of happened, being an Auburn man. And, after our first national championship in forever, it would've been cool to see an Auburn player on the cover. But Fairley's rep with the nation just didn't work out.

And hopefully a custom cover template will come out soon. Finally have the means to make one this year!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.