Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Nike Pro Combat Uniforms: Reserve your copy of NCAA Football 12 and receive Nike Pro Combat uniforms for TCU, Ohio State, Boise State, Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech as exclusive GameStop premium uniforms. Nike Pro Combat uniforms are Born of Tradition, Built for Speed. Available online and in-store while supplies lasts.

Product Details: NCAA Football 12 takes the journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity. Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday Saturday like never before as you go from high school superstar to top college player to head coach in Road to Glory and Dynasty modes. With an enhanced in-game presentation, new traditions, and an all-new collision system, make an impact by leading your team to the National Championship with NCAA Football 12.
  • Authentic Gameday Traditions - Feel the true emotion of college football as your team runs onto the field with new pre-game traditions like the Sooner Schooner and Ramblin' Wreck, and celebrate big plays alongside school icons like Chief Osceola, Uga, and Tommy Trojan.
  • Enhanced Tackling Engine - Your college gameday experience rises to a whole new level with an all-new momentum-based collision and tackling system that allows you to control a player through the moment of impact.
Source - NCAA Football 12 - GameStop

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Hova57 @ 04/20/11 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
That was momentum in a different context... The momentum in Madden/NCAA 11 is better described as Locomotion Inertia... i.e. you can't simply make a 90 degree change of direction without losing speed. That momentum wasn't related to hitting, only running.
is this defense specific or does every player has this ability for offense to tackle on turnovers

# 82 joh_tem @ 04/21/11 12:45 AM
I like the idea of a new talking engine but what about DYNASTY? I often get online to play ranked games and I don't play really play RTG mode. I hope that DYNASTY mode will be like old school PS2 or just add spring game to it.

# 83 TheLeviticalLawKid3 @ 04/21/11 09:19 AM
Cheesy thing about the Pro Combats, but I never was really big on them anyway. Let's just hope this new tackling engine allows for GANG TACKLES. One of the few redeeming qualities from EA's Arena game.

# 84 iBlievN5 @ 04/22/11 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-SKI
show me a 5'7 145 lb offensive lineman and i'll agree that size doesn't matter......till then, it has everything to do with football.
Yeah show me a 5'7" 145 lb profootball player.

# 85 TripleCrown9 @ 04/22/11 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
You're welcome. You said football player. So here he is, all 5'7, 160 lbs of him.

# 86 bruinkid626 @ 04/22/11 08:48 PM
About the new tackling system..

defenders stumbling when another defender is engaged in a tackle is still there (at least that is what I saw in the video).

# 87 AndrewGW88 @ 04/22/11 09:00 PM
people make it sound like they have to pay an extra 5 dollars to get the jerseys....

what you do is go to the local gamestop (or internet site) hit the preorder button or tell them you want to preorder NCAA 12. Then give/input information (i.e. credit card). Then what that does reserves a copy then when you go pick it up, if not online, you will pay 55 dollars for the game instead of 60 because you had already put 5 dollars down on the game. If your online you will only get charged 60 dollars and it will be shipped to you.

# 88 playguitar90 @ 04/22/11 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
Redskins' WR Brandon Banks is 5'7" 149.

But yes, size does matter in football, and should matter more in the game for sure.

# 89 poopoop @ 04/22/11 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
no you're clearly missing the point. EA puts out a release day and tells stores not to sell early. Well what do many stores do? They break that and sell early. Gamestop is a store that doesn't sell early. They are also the largest chain on video games around. So those 2 factors make them a perfect partner for EA to offer extra incentives to in order to get people to buy the game from them and avoid having the game sold early. Other companies have done this as well. THQ gave customers who preordered from Gamestop extra fighters in their UFC game.
This has 0 to do with breaking the street date and more to do with generating extra profit. If it was strictly about the street date this offer would be available at any store that honors the street date. It isn't. Gamestop likely paid EA to get this privilege so they can get more sales than walmart/amazon/whoever. Gamestop and EA two companies notorious for these sort of things, I agree they are perfect partners.

Quote:
Pretty much you want everything handed to you. You even complain about having to play the demo to get them but that made more people want to play the demo just to get those uniforms.
If they charge 60 for a game I want them to put everything in that game. Not try to get me to buy DLC or go preorder from a certain store. They went from giving anyone who plays the demo access to the jerseys to only giving people who preorder from gamestop the jerseys. Next thing you know they'll be offering jerseys as paid DLC like they did with the AFL jerseys for Madden. Anything to squeeze extra money out of people. It's just scummy business tactics.

I could see if it were dlc that added a new episode to the game or something but that isn't the case here at all.

Quote:
As others have said, there are still alternate uniforms in the game. The only thing not in are last years pro combat unis. You're making a bigger deal out of this than it is.

You seem to have the mentality that everything has to benefit the consumer. Well it benefits the company when they regulate that their game is not sold before street date. They aren't taking anything away from you. They could have just not included pro combat unis at all. They aren't obligated to add them just because they had them in a previous version. Thats why its a bonus.
I would rather them not include pro combat uniforms at all then try to angle me into doing business with gamestop. Everything doesn't need to benefit the consumer but that's not a free pass for companies to act overly greedy.

# 90 PaperBoyx703 @ 04/22/11 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playguitar90
Redskins' WR Brandon Banks is 5'7" 149.

But yes, size does matter in football, and should matter more in the game for sure.
Yeah I was going to say that too. It did used to be more obvious of an agile speedster compared to bruising powerback or am I thinking of madden? but anyway the little guys should not be able to throw anyone 200 pounds heavy than them, slip off them maybe but bull over or that sick stiff arm where the defender 3x the size is thrown to the turf like puddy, heck no.

# 91 PVarck31 @ 04/22/11 11:34 PM
Alright guys, lets take it easy. There is definitely a split on how people feel about DLC and the like. Lets just agree to disagree before we go to far.

# 92 pmurray20 @ 04/22/11 11:57 PM
yea its 2 months from now, and the gamestop here has no idea about the DLC

# 93 poopoop @ 04/22/11 11:59 PM
Quote:

So go ahead and continue to complain about it but it aint changing. Either take it or leave it.
This attitude is exactly why they can get away with doing things like this.

It's principle, I should get the same game whether I buy it from Amazon/Best Buy/EB/wherever else. I'm not talking about buying it before the street date either. The fact that EA struck a deal with EB to make both companies extra money is sickening. EB hasn't done anything to earn my business other than trying to pay off EA. And why should I preorder a game I know I'll be able to get on release day guaranteed?

# 94 PaperBoyx703 @ 04/23/11 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
This attitude is exactly why they can get away with doing things like this.
Honestly, do you really, from the bottom of your heart, believe we could force them to do otherwise? C'mon lets not get unreasonable here

# 95 AndrewGW88 @ 04/23/11 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
It's principle, I should get the same game whether I buy it from Amazon/Best Buy/EB/wherever else. I'm not talking about buying it before the street date either. The fact that EA struck a deal with EB to make both companies extra money is sickening. EB hasn't done anything to earn my business other than trying to pay off EA. And why should I preorder a game I know I'll be able to get on release day guaranteed?
I'll say one thing and thats it.... thats how business in america works

# 96 poopoop @ 04/23/11 12:15 AM
I know thats how business works in America, but that doesn't make it OK or mean I should just shrug it off. Not even about the jerseys honestly it's just principle.

Nothing bad gonna happen from me not going to break any rules don't see why this should be locked.

# 97 pmurray20 @ 04/23/11 12:17 AM
Even though im not a big fan of gamestop, I have to get Ohio States Pro combats lol It would be amazing to see the Camo Helmets. Pre-ordering it soon!!

# 98 AndrewGW88 @ 04/23/11 12:20 AM
does any one have any pictures of these pro combat uniforms?

# 99 pmurray20 @ 04/23/11 12:22 AM
probably not until closer to release date

# 100 pmurray20 @ 04/23/11 01:42 AM
Quote:
and i keep seeing people say "i'm not a fan of Gamestop" or displaying dislike with Gamestop and i dont understand why? Is there a personal experience you had? Is it because they don't sell the game early? Is it because they are a big chain? I've bought many games and sold games to Gamestop and i've never once had an issue with them. Its not like they are selling games for more money than other stores. They are pretty accessible with many locations and if there isn't one around there is the option to order online. Maybe you dealt with a jerk employee but that speaks more to that employee (maybe he/she was having a bad day, is not a nice person) than the company itself. I'm just curious as to the hatred towards Gamestop. And that isn't directed at any one person, i'm just curious.

not that i dont like all gamestops, just not the one where im around. ive had to bad experiences with them, First was Call of Duty i bought i and hey it had no disc in it haha and it was sealed, they wouldnt do ****. and 2 i bought ncaa 11 at midnight, and took it home and the damn game didnt work. Neither time did i get a replacement game i was really pissed. So im preordering it from them getting the codes, then going to take the preorder off and get it from walmart with my discount there.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.