Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Chuckydjr @ 04/21/11 12:31 PM
after seeing that a must buy for me

# 62 Hassan Darkside @ 04/21/11 12:34 PM
Love the diving catches. And 3D crowd. Now if only they'd work on the sidelines.

# 63 DerkontheOS @ 04/21/11 12:34 PM
Maybe when I fall asleep I'll wake up and it will be July 12th.

# 64 mmorg @ 04/21/11 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
Look good but too much of that whipping or throwing animation tackle...
It was the same 2 tackles shown from different perspectives. They are also trying to show it off because it's new.

# 65 Pokes404 @ 04/21/11 01:00 PM
All of this is really early footage, however, I noticed a few things.

- Is this truly "consecutive-hit tackles" or have they simply added some two-man tackle animations? What I mean by consecutive-hit tackles, is that one defender engages in a tackle attempt, and then another defender comes in and helps finish him off. It does look like this happens in the first clip, but I can't really tell. All the other tackles involving multiple defenders occur when both defenders get to the ball carrier at the same time, thus triggering a two-man tackle animation. I saw plenty of other times where a defender had a guy wrapped up and it looked like other defenders were being stopped by that force field. At the :29 mark, #20 doesn't engage the running back and because of this, the running back gets an extra yard or two. That doesn't seem big, but what if that was on 4th and 1? This is exactly the kind of situation that consecutive-hit tackles would eliminate. It's still an improvement, I just hope they're able to fully flesh this tackling system out.

- Passing speeds and trajectories don't appear to have been changed, but at least the Baylor defender didn't jump 10ft in the air to bat the pass. Looked a little more realistic.

- I'm not sure about that swatted pass at 1:09. The defender makes no effort to break on the ball until it's more than half way there. Then he just rockets forward to swat the pass. And then at :43, what was #18 doing? He should have been in position to try for the pick, or turned and played the receivers hands if it was short. Instead, he attacks it and takes himself out of the play. They really need to add swats where the DB stretches and reaches out horizontally instead of trying to jump vertically and swat it out of the air. The jumping swats are fine in the right situation, but when you're running at full speed and tracking a moving object, you're going to reach out ... not jump up.

- OL/DL interactions look the same, but we never get a very good look.

- I like the "diving" catches as long as they're not overpowered. Hopefully, this doesn't become the new "over the shoulder" animation and happen 90% of the time. I also hope this happens for interceptions as well. They look very smooth.

- It would be very nice to see the end of motion shifting on tackles and the video looks very promising in this department. Also, the tackling itself looks very smooth in one-on-one situations.

- Defensive AI improvements are very welcome, now EA just needs to find a smoother way of transitioning them between animations. Defenders still look really robotic while in coverage. I'd like them to reach out of feel receivers, not instantly turn their body at a 45 degree angle and then square up again, etc. Just make them look a little more natural and not so much like robots. That's just a little touch though, we'll worry about them being in the right position before we worry about how they look getting there.

- The lighting and graphics are as advertised. This is a great looking game.

This is pretty early footage, but overall it looks promising. It's a little bittersweet from the gameplay stand point right now. There are a few things that look really good, and a few things I'm disappointed to see return. It's just the first video though and it definitely caught my attention.

# 66 khaliib @ 04/21/11 01:02 PM
I like alot!
Especially the crowd size affecting how loud the stadium gets.

Major concerns...
The 2-step dance animation of 300 lb OL with 185 lb DB's on downfield blocking.
Must remove the Passing Animation the players are suctioned into during these blocks

Major concern because it speaks to what we will see on Special Teams.
Lanes could not be created in past releases because players entered into this Passing Animation then did the push-off.
Very few players were on the ground, most still remained standing.

The Speed Slide as players shift to cover their zones on defense.
They're no weight shifting during change of direction.
Players are changing on a Dime.

The Super Jump on 15+ yrd over the middle passes.
The Ball Arc "Must" be adjusted or the Jump rating for must be lowered greatly for LB's.

Still don't see weight shifting during change of direction for players.
Might have to lower Agility ratings again if not addressed.

I'm not complaining, but as stated earlier, they're still adjusting/tuning the game.
So I hope the Dev's are able to address these in some way.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Dev's give us an Global Editor option like the one used in NBA Live so we don't have to adjust 1000's of individual players.
Being able to adjust an attribute for the entire team up or down would really be a Blessing for Gamers. PLEASE include.

# 67 DaveDQ @ 04/21/11 01:04 PM
I think it looks great and I've been holding EA's feet to the fire on consecutive hit tackles for a long time now. I don't expect it to be perfect, but we are already seeing reports where you can engage a tackling scenario to help make the tackle. That's a huge step forward for this game.

Very nice to hear and credit should be given to the devs for accomplishing it.

# 68 sparkdawg777 @ 04/21/11 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I like alot!
Especially the crowd size affecting how loud the stadium gets.

Major concerns...
The 2-step dance animation of 300 lb OL with 185 lb DB's on downfield blocking.
Must remove the Passing Animation the players are suctioned into during these blocks

Major concern because it speaks to what we will see on Special Teams.
Lanes could not be created in past releases because players entered into this Passing Animation then did the push-off.
Very few players were on the ground, most still remained standing.

The Speed Slide as players shift to cover their zones on defense.
They're no weight shifting during change of direction.
Players are changing on a Dime.

The Super Jump on 15+ yrd over the middle passes.
The Ball Arc "Must" be adjusted or the Jump rating for must be lowered greatly for LB's.

Still don't see weight shifting during change of direction for players.
Might have to lower Agility ratings again if not addressed.

I'm not complaining, but as stated earlier, they're still adjusting/tuning the game.
So I hope the Dev's are able to address these in some way.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Dev's give us an Global Editor option like the one used in NBA Live so we don't have to adjust 1000's of individual players.
Being able to adjust an attribute for the entire team up or down would really be a Blessing for Gamers. PLEASE include.

As pleased as I am to get an improved zone defense, this does concern me too.

# 69 Don Figures @ 04/21/11 01:27 PM
Looking/sounding good so far. I would have liked to have seen enhancements made per the player models (Player models and body animations look the same as 2010), but gameplay is really where it is at!!

# 70 TexasBorn1 @ 04/21/11 01:31 PM
Suction tackling, blocking, catching is finally gone? Improved defensive AI? I am officially excited

Good job NCAA team. I will be buying for the first time in years

# 71 dsmith710 @ 04/21/11 01:38 PM
That crowd noise is amazing. Did anyone else notice that in the presentation video, the big td catch by penn state made the crowd go insane even though the game is in the horseshoe. Ive been hoping we get this loud crowd feel but i would also love to be able to silence 100,000 people with a big play on the road.

# 72 Aggies7 @ 04/21/11 01:42 PM
Looks like they have made some good improvements.

# 73 Special27K @ 04/21/11 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710
That crowd noise is amazing. Did anyone else notice that in the presentation video, the big td catch by penn state made the crowd go insane even though the game is in the horseshoe. Ive been hoping we get this loud crowd feel but i would also love to be able to silence 100,000 people with a big play on the road.
That's one of the things I love about watching a road game, maybe even feels better to shut the crowd up rather than have the home fans go crazy

# 74 sparkdawg777 @ 04/21/11 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
That's one of the things I love about watching a road game, maybe even feels better to shut the crowd up rather than have the home fans go crazy

The thing that excited me the most about the crowd was when the ball was in the air you could hear the crowd build up, a lot like in FIFA when you get close to the goal.

# 75 dshill @ 04/21/11 01:52 PM
color me excited.

# 76 thescorpio1985 @ 04/21/11 01:54 PM
It may be more misleading than it appears on these videos but either the LBs batting down the balls 15 yard behind them have been improved or the trajectory of passes have been improved. Also the deflect hit combo(where the defender goes to bat/int the ball and tackles you all in the same motion) looks to have been improved. I for one hope these things have been changed not just improved.

# 77 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/21/11 01:56 PM
Excellent video, some concerns I haven't seen answered yet though.

1. CPU QB scramble AI logic.

2. CPU running the option offense correctly.

3. Screen plays actually working.

4. Punt blocks and FG blocks. Out of all the NCAA games I have played over the decades, I have never had my punt blocked nor even came close having it blocked. Same thing with blocking the cpu punts.

5. Punt returns. Last year punt returns was awful because the gunners all had 4.2 speed and were always in your grill as soon as you caught the ball. Didn't matter if it was a high arching punt or direct low punt.

6. Bad snaps due to center or QB being rattled or low awareness. Last year it didn't matter at all, they were never bad snaps.

7. Proper clock management by the cpu. Last year at times it was though the cpu didn't pay attention to the score and were running the ball even though they were down by 21 points with 2 minute left in the game.

8. Whether or not we will be able to game plan for the cpu schools via how were able to do with Madden 11. That way we could clearly determine and make sure the cpu teams played like they do in real life. I always hated playing against schools with mobile QBs who threw the ball 30 times but yet only ran twice if that a game.

9. Are dual threat QBs truly dual threat. Meaning they should at least have 15 running attempts per a game.

# 78 ultralow36 @ 04/21/11 02:05 PM
looks good....i'll leave the nitpicking to yall.......all i want to know is it fun?

# 79 acreyman @ 04/21/11 02:08 PM
I hope they got Boise with the smoke and the Sledge! Man this game.....I like to wait for at least the first patch but I dunno, the pre-order goodies might be too good to pass up.

# 80 mrspree15 @ 04/21/11 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
6. Bad snaps due to center or QB being rattled or low awareness. Last year it didn't matter at all, they were never bad snaps.
There were bad shotgun snaps in 11, but I have no idea if it was related to either of those things. Sometimes the QB has to pick it up from ankle level.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.