Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 michigan21 @ 04/22/11 08:51 AM
If this game has some kind of half and end of week/end of game I will buy.

# 142 Adzs K2 @ 04/22/11 09:58 AM
Why can i not get this game in the UK! Pro football just isn't doing it...Only reason i even became interested in american football was through attending an FSU game (which was unreal)

# 143 mikehud @ 04/22/11 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie353
I agree, also why did the defender not touch the player after the play? he reached out for the ball, rolled and the defender just stopped? Isn't the play still alive? Still the game looks good! the running animation still needs improvement. I'm down for a copy!
no, the play is dead once a player's knee is down in college fb. pro ball (i.e Madden) the play would continue.

# 144 mikehud @ 04/22/11 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badluck90
looks good not much to complain about as of right now although i hope the diving catches aren't overdone
i have a feeling they will be
it just might, like the david tyree catch in madden and the over the shoulder catche animation from prior years.

# 145 AuburnAlumni @ 04/22/11 10:19 AM
The "anticipation" and "entrance" additions to Stadium Sounds is gonna be awesome.

This will be my anticipation music for sure.

# 146 CuseGirl @ 04/22/11 12:55 PM
so much buckeye hate in that first video.....

# 147 CuseGirl @ 04/22/11 12:57 PM
have they fixed the broken play action and since the defensive coverage will now respond to the routes being run, will it be possible to actually get a DB to bite on the play action....

# 148 Dixie353 @ 04/22/11 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmass413
college the ball is dead once you hit the ground

Thanks just getting into NCAA -

# 149 canes21 @ 04/22/11 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
have they fixed the broken play action and since the defensive coverage will now respond to the routes being run, will it be possible to actually get a DB to bite on the play action....
In a blog or preview somewhere around here it was mentioned that play action was worked on. Last year the defense always knew if it was run or pass. This year they actually "watch" the play develop and make better decisions I guess based on play recognition.

# 150 illwill10 @ 04/22/11 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
In a blog or preview somewhere around here it was mentioned that play action was worked on. Last year the defense always knew if it was run or pass. This year they actually "watch" the play develop and make better decisions I guess based on play recognition.
I am not sure if it was just me, but it felt like the CPU knew what the user play was. Every time I called a running play I saw the Defense showing blitz to the correct gap presnap. Vice versa

# 151 Mike Smoove @ 04/22/11 06:29 PM
This could possibly be the greatest football video game ever created, we just gotta play it for ourselves but I have never EVER been more impressed with a football games from pre uanch vids as I have with this game. VIDEO GAME FOOTBALL IS BACK. Cmon Madden please do what this game is.

# 152 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/22/11 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I am not sure if it was just me, but it felt like the CPU knew what the user play was. Every time I called a running play I saw the Defense showing blitz to the correct gap presnap. Vice versa
It wasn't just you. I always noticed that and noticed it again last night when the defense was all up on the line for a double safety bltiz. Seeing this I hot routed my TE for a streak. Soon as I hot routed, the safety moved back off the line to go into man coverage with the TE I just hot routed.

# 153 illwill10 @ 04/22/11 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
It wasn't just you. I always noticed that and noticed it again last night when the defense was all up on the line for a double safety bltiz. Seeing this I hot routed my TE for a streak. Soon as I hot routed, the safety moved back off the line to go into man coverage with the TE I just hot routed.
I always had to switch plays after each play. It happened on Defense to. Every time I played a zone CPU called a play to exploit it.
IT really kept me from playing RB in RTG. Every time They called a run play for me the defense showed a heavy blitz.
Hopefully it is fixed

# 154 NDFan1029 @ 04/22/11 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssryry29
I wonder if there will be Dynamic Attendance?
They already have dynamic attendance, but the fans only leave if the game is a blowout by I think 28 points or more. I would like to see fans start to exit the stadium based on how much time is left rather than how much the team is down by. A game where a team is down 14 or so with a few minutes left is technically "over", but the stadium will stay full anyway.

# 155 NDFan1029 @ 04/22/11 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710
That crowd noise is amazing. Did anyone else notice that in the presentation video, the big td catch by penn state made the crowd go insane even though the game is in the horseshoe. Ive been hoping we get this loud crowd feel but i would also love to be able to silence 100,000 people with a big play on the road.
I don't think that was supposed to happen...certainly not that loud, lol. Ohio State only has 5,000 or so seats for the visiting team's section. I think they were just showing us what it sounds like...I don't know if the sound was actually from that game or just synced with the video footage.

# 156 SemperVictoria @ 04/22/11 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smoove
This could possibly be the greatest football video game ever created, we just gotta play it for ourselves but I have never EVER been more impressed with a football games from pre uanch vids as I have with this game. VIDEO GAME FOOTBALL IS BACK. Cmon Madden please do what this game is.
Uh... it’s April. The real test will be the end of July. And judging by EA’s track record, the end of July ain’t gonna be pretty.

# 157 Crimson Pig @ 04/23/11 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVictoria
Uh... it’s April. The real test will be the end of July. And judging by EA’s track record, the end of July ain’t gonna be pretty.
So your parents never get you what you want for Christmas and you feel the need to bring down everybody else's hopes? Misery loves company, sure, but the automatic response shouldn't always be negative. Have some hope, and if the final product blows then have at it.

# 158 splff3000 @ 04/23/11 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I don't really see double hit tackles like you are seeing. More like pre decided chained annimations at times IMO. Heres a youtube video with pretty good breakdown of the video you are claiming had double hit tackles. If you want to watch with a open mind, let me know your thoughts. If you see good true double hit tackles, please let me know which ones you like.-Thanks Roadman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHUYU...el_video_title
I haven't seen a double hit tackle either. I keep seeing people say they're in there but I haven't seen it and, as far as I can tell, the devs haven't said that they are in. What I am seeing is a guy break a tackle then another guy comes and hits him, but I have not seen a guy getting tackled and, while getting tackled, someone else comes and cleans him up and causes him to change the direction of his fall. That's my idea of consecutive hit tackles. I see some guys come and latch on to a tackle that's already happening, but no one is coming in and changing the momentum of a tackle that's already happening.

# 159 roadman @ 04/23/11 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I don't really see double hit tackles like you are seeing. More like pre decided chained annimations at times IMO. Heres a youtube video with pretty good breakdown of the video you are claiming had double hit tackles. If you want to watch with a open mind, let me know your thoughts. If you see good true double hit tackles, please let me know which ones you like.-Thanks Roadman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHUYU...el_video_title
Np, I already saw this one from a longer format.

To me, it's just one epinion vs(no pun intended) against another eopinion. The 1:24 or 1:34 minute mark where there is a definate momentum consecutive hit tackle. The youtuber says that is ok, to me, it's more than ok, it's much improve. Drove the TE backwards.

To me, it's a very biased eopinion. Plus, that trailer isn't the one I was looking at. There was another game play trailer that had several double-hit tackles, but people just want to focus on the negatives and not accentuate the positives at the same time.

I'll see if I can find that video for you with several double-hit momentum tackles.

# 160 Knight9299 @ 04/23/11 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I always had to switch plays after each play. It happened on Defense to. Every time I played a zone CPU called a play to exploit it.
IT really kept me from playing RB in RTG. Every time They called a run play for me the defense showed a heavy blitz.
Hopefully it is fixed
I always noticed when I called a shotgun run play the CPU would be in 43 or 34. If I called shotgun pass play, they would be in nickel or dime.

I just wonder when EA will make CPU smarter through the use of tendencies and game planning. I'd love to see in the pre-game info what my upcoming opponent does on first down? 50% run 50% pass? Do they run to the field or strength? Or would tendencies show us how weak their simulations are?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.