Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

ESPN The Gamer's Jon Robinson gives us his first look at NCAA Football 12.

Quote:
"There's no more warping or sliding into position for the tackle," associate producer Ben Haumiller explained. "Now the tackle doesn't take place until the defender makes contact with the ball carrier, and this really brings momentum into play. This is a big change in the animation system and point of impact. So basically, the ball carrier and the defender would get close to each other, in last year's game, and the engine would warp them together into a tackle and the defender would actually slide into position because we only had eight spots where a wrap tackle could begin. But now, no matter where I hit you, that's where the wrap is going to begin. You don't see a guy slide over and make a tackle. Now he's trying to make the tackle at the spot where he first makes contact. This also comes into play with gang tackles. You'll see one player come in and stand the ball carrier up, then another player will come in and join on. And actually, because of the momentum and how that second defender is flying in, he might even knock that initial tackler off the pile and steal the tackle. Or you might see the first guy try to make a tackle, the second guy make a hit, then a third guy coming in with a shoulder trying to clean it up, but each of these hits will help change the course of the ball carrier."

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mm boost @ 04/21/11 02:24 PM
sweet mother of God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Also look for new montages and highlight packages that showcase the theme of the game you're playing. "So if your dual-threat quarterback is having a big gamer or a freshman receiver is making a ton of catches or if the defense is getting a lot of sacks," explains Haumiller, "you'll see all of those highlights grouped together to go along with commentary to help give you the story of that game."
But that's not all as the design team also added hundreds of new player celebrations throughout the game to help freshen up everything from a sack to a bowl winning touchdown to even the coach getting lifted onto the shoulders of his players and carried off the field after an **** win. Coaches on the sidelines will also be shown throughout the game, reacting negatively after an interception or giving you some love after an electrifying run to the house. Bowl games even get special treatment with coaches shown giving your team a talk in the locker room.
This sounds absolutely incredible! This is the type of stuff I have been asking for for years, and they FINALLY are putting it in. I am going to pre-order this game within the next few weeks, and then all offline dynasty fans be prepared for my VA Tech Dynasty thread to start back up with a new season!

# 2 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/21/11 02:25 PM
Quote:
Also look for new montages and highlight packages that showcase the theme of the game you're playing. "So if your dual-threat quarterback is having a big gamer or a freshman receiver is making a ton of catches or if the defense is getting a lot of sacks," explains Haumiller, "you'll see all of those highlights grouped together to go along with commentary to help give you the story of that game."
So I guess that means we have dynamic commentary now ?

# 3 georgiafan @ 04/21/11 02:26 PM
Quote:
But that's not all as the design team also added hundreds of new player celebrations throughout the game to help freshen up everything from a sack to a bowl winning touchdown to even the coach getting lifted onto the shoulders of his players and carried off the field after an **** win. Coaches on the sidelines will also be shown throughout the game, reacting negatively after an interception or giving you some love after an electrifying run to the house. Bowl games even get special treatment with coaches shown giving your team a talk in the locker room.

I liked this part

# 4 BenGerman @ 04/21/11 02:31 PM
Wow. Even if the gameplay had stayed the same (which I'm glad it hasn't), I might have bought this for presentation reasons alone. Unbelievable.

# 5 AndrewGW88 @ 04/21/11 02:36 PM
This game just keeps sounding better and better every time i hear something about it

# 6 Marino @ 04/21/11 02:36 PM
I don't really remember seeing cut scenes showing the coaches from previous years. Makes me wonder if that holds a purpose for later on. I would love for a coaching carousel.

# 7 J-Unit40 @ 04/21/11 02:37 PM
Holy presentation Batman!! The news just keeps getting better (in all areas).

I am amazed already and we are a couple of months away.

# 8 georgiafan @ 04/21/11 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
I don't really remember seeing cut scenes showing the coaches from previous years. Makes me wonder if that holds a purpose for later on. I would love for a coaching carousel.
Seeing them add stuff like coaches giving pep talks before bowl games and showing coaches on the sidelines. It make alot of sense, im trying to not get my hopes up.

# 9 BenGerman @ 04/21/11 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Seeing them add stuff like coaches giving pep talks before bowl games and showing coaches on the sidelines. It make alot of sense, im trying to not get my hopes up.
I'm definitely more hopeful than I was last year, and earlier this year. In the Q&A thing Chase is doing over on his "Preview" Thread, he said they really wanted Gameday in but ran out of time. CC is up there with Gameday in terms of wish lists (if not higher than Gameday), so I know that we'll be seeing it soon if its not this year. I know we'll get one big feature this year (RTG, Coaching Carousel, or something else of the sort), I'm just hoping it's Couching Carousel.

# 10 dan_457 @ 04/21/11 02:49 PM
The one thing I've wanted in has been Coaching Carousel, and with the addition of coaches to the sidelines and elsewhere, it'd be an incredible tease if they didn't have some sort of CC.

# 11 blkrptnt819 @ 04/21/11 02:59 PM
Custom Playbooks and improved defense/tackling, this is great.

# 12 volstopfan14 @ 04/21/11 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
The one thing I've wanted in has been Coaching Carousel, and with the addition of coaches to the sidelines and elsewhere, it'd be an incredible tease if they didn't have some sort of CC.
this. coaching carousel then upgrades to dynasty, then gameday/presentation are the only things I really want with CC at the very top of my list

# 13 godylla @ 04/21/11 03:55 PM
I like the info about how the custom playbooks will be able to be ordered how you wish and not by formation. Really enjoy that aspect.

# 14 blkprince04 @ 04/21/11 05:08 PM
this game sounds blazing hotttttttttttt, its not even summer yet lol lol....sounds like music to my ears, and i thought ncaa 11 was very good, whewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 15 PSRusse83 @ 04/22/11 01:49 AM
I like what im seeing/reading from this years game. The in game presentation is something i cant wait to see the execution of.

# 16 statum71 @ 04/22/11 12:48 PM
Man!!!

Things must be looking up. I haven't read this much love for EA on an OS forum as long as I can remember.

# 17 carvis#15 @ 04/22/11 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
sweet mother of God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This sounds absolutely incredible! This is the type of stuff I have been asking for for years, and they FINALLY are putting it in. I am going to pre-order this game within the next few weeks, and then all offline dynasty fans be prepared for my VA Tech Dynasty thread to start back up with a new season!
EA Sports where have you been all of my life!

# 18 canes21 @ 04/22/11 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I don't think it means coaches will be on the sidelines literally during a play. I think we are going to see cut scenes that show coaches on the sidelines like in Madden. I've looked through most the screenshots that are from an actual play and the sidelines still look terrible compared to everything else and I saw no coaches, just 60 players all clapping and fist pumping together.

# 19 illwill10 @ 04/22/11 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I don't think it means coaches will be on the sidelines literally during a play. I think we are going to see cut scenes that show coaches on the sidelines like in Madden. I've looked through most the screenshots that are from an actual play and the sidelines still look terrible compared to everything else and I saw no coaches, just 60 players all clapping and fist pumping together.
That is exactly what I believe
Just showing Coaches during Cutscences, As long as we have coaches period I am glad

# 20 Watson @ 04/22/11 04:11 PM
This game is challenging The Show for Sports GOTY

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.