Home
Madden 12 News Post

According to some Darren Rovell sources, if the vote ended today, Peyton Hillis would be on the cover of Madden NFL 12. Strong rumblings around the web say, it's a wrap.

Official word comes Wednesday.

Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 mestevo @ 04/24/11 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule
I don't understand how Hillis would be a marketing nightmare? What is it that he can't do that Vick or Rodgers could, and how would it effect the sales of the game ultimately? Heck, even if Vick made the cover and some people didn't buy the game because he's on the cover, it shouldn't hurt EA sales really all that much. Less than 1% of the market would be that population.
It isn't a marketing nightmare, it's just people being overdramatic.

# 42 Kobefan24 @ 04/24/11 10:11 PM
No1 Even Realy Knew Him Untill That One Game...Vick To Me Was The MVP But He Was Hurt...This Is Baddd

# 43 stp2081 @ 04/24/11 10:13 PM
I agree with the cynics. I believe EA will artificially boost the voting for Vick to win because a cover featuring Hillis will sell a lot less (because of casual gamers/"fans") than a cover featuring Vick will.

# 44 mestevo @ 04/24/11 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stp2081
I agree with the cynics. I believe EA will artificially boost the voting for Vick to win because a cover featuring Hillis will sell a lot less (because of casual gamers/"fans") than a cover featuring Vick will.
This would be illegal, so they won't. It will not sell a lot less because of one player over another being on the cover. For those casual gamers/"fans" the most important thing on the cover is the NFL logo and the word MADDEN.

# 45 StL_RamZ @ 04/24/11 10:17 PM
Hillis really.....madden cover should be elite players but if that's what the fans want then hey I'm all for it....

# 46 kingkilla56 @ 04/24/11 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
This would be illegal, so they won't. It will not sell a lot less because of one player over another being on the cover. For those casual gamers/"fans" the most important thing on the cover is the NFL logo and the word MADDEN.
Why illegal?

# 47 mavfan21 @ 04/24/11 10:25 PM
Wow, what a joke.

Why didn't Julious Jones get the cover back in 2004? He had stats comparable to Hillis.

Imagine the confusion on the average persons face when they see ads with this incredibly pedestrian player on the cover? A marketing disaster.

# 48 mestevo @ 04/24/11 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Why illegal?
They are running a contest based on the results, this precludes any meddling with the results. Adembroski confirmed as much in one of the other threads on this topic.

# 49 bichettehappens @ 04/24/11 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I was thinking the same thing when I heard it was between those two. I wasn't actually following this non-sense but some pieces of info u just can't ignore.

Hillis would definitely be a marketing nightmare for EA IF he actually does win and EA doesn't "shift" a few numbers. Heh...
I'm going to have to disagree with that.

I can already hear the news stories.

Teaser: "and up next, you'll never guess who's on the cover of this year's Madden video game..."

Story: "he beat out Super Bowl MVP Aaron Rodgers, rising stars Jamal Charles and Matt Ryan, and the wildly popular Michael Vick..."

The theme? A return to hard-nosed, true grit, just plain FOOTBALL

What would the theme be for a Vick cover game?

Besides, America loves the Cinderella stories

# 50 stp2081 @ 04/24/11 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Imagine the confusion on the average persons face when they see ads with this incredibly pedestrian player on the cover? A marketing disaster.
My point exactly!

# 51 mestevo @ 04/24/11 10:36 PM
Quote:
Wow, what a joke.

Why didn't Julious Jones get the cover back in 2004? He had stats comparable to Hillis.

Look again perhaps? Hillis had a better year than Julius Jones has ever had. With 1600 total yards from scrimmage and 13 TDs, JJ doesn't even come close to those figures in any year of his career.

There's nothing about this that is a marketing disaster. How many threads on how many forums are discussing this, how many news articles have covered this? It's already a marketing success no matter who wins.

Incredibly pedestrian indeed.

# 52 PVarck31 @ 04/24/11 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobefan24
No1 Even Realy Knew Him Untill That One Game...Vick To Me Was The MVP But He Was Hurt...This Is Baddd
What game? Its not like he had 1 good game. If you are a football fan than you know who Peyton Hillis is. Its not like he is getting hundreds of thousands in blind votes.

Vick did have a great year, but the fans had the call and they chose Hillis.

# 53 Rules @ 04/24/11 10:44 PM
Quote:
This is what I said before my thread was erroneously closed. Yet this thread is the same so go figure.

# 54 King Gro23 @ 04/24/11 10:48 PM
White Rhino!

# 55 jeremym480 @ 04/24/11 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols bravesfan
The reason it would bother me is it will add to the Hillis Hype Machine. I'm tired of seeing and hearing about him.
It's funny how that works because I've been tired of hearing about the Vick hype machine for almost a decade now. Not that it's going to end just because he didn't make the cover of a video game but, still.... Plus, it's always nice when you pit good against evil and the good prevails.

Quote:
The game will sell a lot less because of who's on the cover.
I think I've heard it all now.

Quote:
Wow, what a joke.

And here I thought the guy who said that Luol Deng was the Bulls best player was going to be the most absurd thing that I read today.

# 56 mjhyankees @ 04/24/11 10:56 PM
This is way off IMO.....the cover athlete I thought was supposed to be one of the elite guys in the NFL...your Brady's and Mannings and Petersons etc. Hillis? Please....I love the guy and his attitude and all but for God sake he was 11th in the NFL in rushing. 11th!!!!! Nice year....but a 4.4 average is...well...average in the NFL......how Rodgers doesn't get it is mind boggling. He had 1000 yards passing the POST SEASON!!!!!! He's now in the top 4 of Qb's in the NFL and you could argue for him being number 1!!!!
this whole thing reminds me of baseball's all star game where the fans vote for who they want to see.....not the most deserving. Sorry...in my book Hillis on the cover is a big minus......

If you had to pick, gun to your head, who is going to have the best year next year and the best career...Hillis or Rodgers????? No brainer.....Rodgers all the way.

# 57 mestevo @ 04/24/11 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
This is way off IMO.....the cover athlete I thought was supposed to be one of the elite guys in the NFL...your Brady's and Mannings and Petersons etc. Hillis? Please....I love the guy and his attitude and all but for God sake he was 11th in the NFL in rushing. 11th!!!!! Nice year....but a 4.4 average is...well...average in the NFL......how Rodgers doesn't get it is mind boggling. He had 1000 yards passing the POST SEASON!!!!!! He's now in the top 4 of Qb's in the NFL and you could argue for him being number 1!!!!
this whole thing reminds me of baseball's all star game where the fans vote for who they want to see.....not the most deserving. Sorry...in my book Hillis on the cover is a big minus......

If you had to pick, gun to your head, who is going to have the best year next year and the best career...Hillis or Rodgers????? No brainer.....Rodgers all the way.
Has nothing to do with who is better, it has to do with who the fans wanted to see on the cover. Hillis beat Rodgers head to head, Vick is next. Simple as that.

# 58 coogrfan @ 04/24/11 11:03 PM
Quote:
Wow, what a joke.

Does the phrase "the lesser of two evils" mean anything to you?

# 59 HustlinOwl @ 04/24/11 11:04 PM
lol, EA first my NCAA Basketball 10, then NBA Elite and now a no buddy on the biggest sports game in the world. Oh well have not bought Madden since 07

# 60 mjhyankees @ 04/24/11 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Has nothing to do with who is better, it has to do with who the fans wanted to see on the cover. Hillis beat Rodgers head to head, Vick is next. Simple as that.

Like I said...it's MLB all star voting ad nauseum

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.