Home
Madden 12 News Post

According to some Darren Rovell sources, if the vote ended today, Peyton Hillis would be on the cover of Madden NFL 12. Strong rumblings around the web say, it's a wrap.

Official word comes Wednesday.

Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 mjhyankees @ 04/25/11 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Is anyone going to give a legit answer to the "Why is Hillis considered pedestrian?" Question?

Or is 1600 total yards and 13 TD's not good enough for some people? Especially considering he had one of the worst passing games in the NFL on his team too.
When at least 10 guys had better numbers at his position alone, not to mention other positions, then yes he's sorta pedestrian...maybe a bit better than that but not a star. His numbers are slightly above average in the NFL at his spot.

# 82 mjhyankees @ 04/25/11 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
No, those making the claim don't follow football enough to know why what they are saying is false.
His average is 4.4....he led the league in fumbles, he was 11th in rushing (and not as good as about 30 guys at their other respective positions). He averaged 73 yards per game.....Pedestrian enough????

# 83 roadman @ 04/25/11 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
His average is 4.4....he led the league in fumbles, he was 11th in rushing (and not as good as about 30 guys at their other respective positions). He averaged 73 yards per game.....Pedestrian enough????
Not according to the NFL. 73 yds/game still nets you over 1,000 yds per year and that is an accomplishment in the NFL.

There are many backs that do not gain that magical 1000yds per season. He ranked 7th in the AFC.

# 84 mjhyankees @ 04/25/11 12:54 AM
Quote:
Oh yea....let me add 15th in yards per game and 15th in yards per carry. Given that there are 32 teams that's about as pedestrian as you can get.

# 85 mjhyankees @ 04/25/11 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Not according to the NFL. 73 yds/game still nets you over 1,000 yds per year and that is an accomplishment in the NFL.

There are many backs that do not gain that magical 1000yds per season. He ranked 7th in the AFC.

17 backs gained that magic number......is that special?????
some more guys would have done it barring injury or some other issue. Getting 1000 yards is based on the 14 game schedule where maybe a handful of guys would do it. To be more realistic....look for guys that had over 1200 or 1300 yards. Don't give him credit because the season is longer. do you think 73 pyg is great? That's slightly above average. It was 15th in the league. Not my idea of greatness, elite, special or newsworthy. Nice player, love his grit...but lets face it...there are about 15-20 better backs in the league with the track record and current numbers to prove it.

Should we talk about TD's???? Ahmad Bradshaw had 8, 3 less than Hillis...on a team where 1) he's splitting carries with another back and 2) he comes out in goal line situations to put the big guy in. And he had only 3 Td's less. I'm sorry....not thinking he's pedestrian is more questionable than thinking he is.

For the record...any back with his number of carries got 1000 yards and 6 guys did it with less carries......L. Tomlinson, Gore, Felix jones, brandon jacobs, fred jackson, knoshawn moreno, jonathan stewart....all would have had a 1000 yards if they'd carried the ball as often as Hillis. Want to make the case it's a popularity contest...I'll buy Hillis...but please don't try to sell me on him being anything but a "nice" player, a good player, a gritty player.....but closer to pedestrian than to being a star.

# 86 TracerBullet @ 04/25/11 01:09 AM
I didn't realize this vote was that serious. Oh well.

# 87 roadman @ 04/25/11 01:11 AM
Quote:
17 backs gained that magic number......is that special?????
some more guys would have done it barring injury or some other issue. Getting 1000 yards is based on the 14 game schedule where maybe a handful of guys would do it. To be more realistic....look for guys that had over 1200 or 1300 yards. Don't give him credit because the season is longer. do you think 73 pyg is great? That's slightly above average. It was 15th in the league. Not my idea of greatness, elite, special or newsworthy. Nice player, love his grit...but lets face it...there are about 15-20 better backs in the league with the track record and current numbers to prove it.

Should we talk about TD's???? Ahmad Bradshaw had 8, 3 less than Hillis...on a team where 1) he's splitting carries with another back and 2) he comes out in goal line situations to put the big guy in. And he had only 3 Td's less. I'm sorry....not thinking he's pedestrian is more questionable than thinking he is.
Never said he was elite, special. Newsworthy, maybe. Nah, that 1000 yds per season is still looked upon as a good season. He had an above avg season in the NFL last season.

You can't take that season away from him and there is a good chance he is an up and coming great RB.

We just see things differently and that's ok.

And Tracer is correct, it's not that serious.

# 88 jagsrock95 @ 04/25/11 01:30 AM
it's not always about numbers. Hillis has that never quit, im going to run through(or over lol) you if you don't move mentality which is lacking in the NFL these days. The guys got a lot of heart and id be more than happy to see him on the cover.

# 89 kingkilla56 @ 04/25/11 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I didn't realize this vote was that serious. Oh well.
Well now you know lol. Thread transformed from cover to debating about the resume of hillis. Some guys give him too much credit for other reasons.....

# 90 RedZoneD25 @ 04/25/11 02:35 AM
As an Eagle fan and a nonbeliever of the Madden curse, this isn't cool to hear...but I'd be lying if I said I never expected it. There's just a huge part of me that says "PEOPLE...HE PLAYS FOR THE BROWNS!!!!!" but I guess the people have decided. Hoping for a turnaround but I can't honestly pretend for a minute that the cover will affect my purchase.

# 91 rockchisler @ 04/25/11 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFerret
Looking at Vick on the cover would make me puke
Not that serious, and at least he will avoid the curse..

# 92 rockchisler @ 04/25/11 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt957
Does it really matter about who's on a cover? Just asking.
It doesnt matter, its just because its Hillis vs Vick, if it was Hillis vs Suh.. no one would care..Its just alot of vick haters still out there that have nothing better to do with their life because they are sooo perfect..

# 93 Boling4Humor @ 04/25/11 02:59 AM
I wish Hillis was still with the Broncos. It's so great to see him up for the cover and getting the credit he deserves. Hope he wins.

# 94 kingkilla56 @ 04/25/11 03:49 AM
Why? If he were still on the Broncos, he would be nobody.

# 95 sarlndr @ 04/25/11 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
No way Hillis is on the cover. Trust me. Wouldn't be a good marketing choice in general for EA. Expect Vick to be on the cover.
LOL! Booboo the chimp could be on the cover and it would still sell. It's Madden, it's NFL, it's all we got.

# 96 luv_mist @ 04/25/11 09:01 AM
I looked into the future and saw Vick FTW.

# 97 Dog @ 04/25/11 09:16 AM
Why don't they put multiple players on the cover? I'm talking like 5-6 players and have it regionalized like SI covers. That would eliminate a lot of this controversy

Sent from my LG Ally using Tapatalk

# 98 iAM-IncReDiBLe- @ 04/25/11 09:20 AM
Its not that serious. Whats on the cover of a video game has never influenced my decision to buy a game. If something so small influences you to not buy a game then you have issues.

# 99 Dog @ 04/25/11 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Why, you can love him or not care but I do not have to get over anything. I don't think he deserves the limelight ever again for what he did.

If I think he is a POS then what is it to you.
I'm not defending him or calling him a good person, but there is a point where the "Vick is a POS!" Stuff becomes redundant and bordering on agenda. Just keep the comments to yourself

Sent from my LG Ally using Tapatalk

# 100 Catamount53 @ 04/25/11 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
Just to add a suggestion, one thing a lot of those other are missing one thing that Hillis did have last year, excitement, he may have been one of the most entertaining players in the league to watch. He runs people over and BOTH sidelines were going crazy, fans from both teams in the stands went crazy. Hillis has the wow factor vs the other backs mentioned, not t9 mention he would be comeback player of the year if it weren't for Vick.p
C'mon man exitement? Hillis vs. Vick? lol

But really the last time vick was on the cover he broke his leg in the preseason so I am more than happy to see he is losing.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.