Home
Madden 12 News Post

According to some Darren Rovell sources, if the vote ended today, Peyton Hillis would be on the cover of Madden NFL 12. Strong rumblings around the web say, it's a wrap.

Official word comes Wednesday.

Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 mjhyankees @ 04/25/11 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsrock95
it's not always about numbers. Hillis has that never quit, im going to run through(or over lol) you if you don't move mentality which is lacking in the NFL these days. The guys got a lot of heart and id be more than happy to see him on the cover.

Like I said, I love his grit...he's a real blue collar guy...and like you said you don't see that ethic alot anymore.....just dont' see him as a cover athlete.

# 102 Fiddy @ 04/25/11 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_larry
I hope this is a joke, who is Peyton Hillis? Am i missing something, out of all the eligible players to be on the front of Madden 12 Peyton Hillis is in the lead, can somebody tell me how this is possible.
other people obviously watch all NFL games and not just the Cowboys like you, or no? lol.. you do realize there are 31 other teams in the league..

# 103 The GIGGAS @ 04/25/11 11:04 AM
I too am angry that the majority rules! Every poll in America should be decided by the vocal few who complain on message boards!

Spoiler

# 104 coogrfan @ 04/25/11 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_larry
I hope this is a joke, who is Peyton Hillis? Am i missing something, out of all the eligible players to be on the front of Madden 12 Peyton Hillis is in the lead, can somebody tell me how this is possible.
Frankly this result has restored a tiny bit of my faith in humanity.

# 105 thesteamontheboat @ 04/25/11 12:03 PM
Dude this thing is rigged because if you were watching ESPN when this voting started the only players promoting the vote were Mike Vick and Hillis of all the players Hillis was promoting the vote one of his only endorsement deals. It just so happens these two guys are the last two.... Cmon Son!

# 106 TreFacTor @ 04/25/11 12:28 PM
It doesn't surprise me that hillis is beating vick...ea can't afford to have vick on the cover, just another smart business decision on EA's part.

# 107 blklightning @ 04/25/11 12:50 PM
i don't even know who hillis is. probably a by product of him playing for the browns.

edit:

okay, now i do. vick did some things last year that i never thought i'd see him do. i guess since cleveland can't win anything, they're going all in to win this vote. lol.

one of the better highlight vids i've seen on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04QrR...eature=related

# 108 Scott @ 04/25/11 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
i don't even know who hillis is. probably a by product of him playing for the browns.
You must not know football then.

# 109 roadman @ 04/25/11 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Hillis has put up one good year, not great and now people want to call him exciting and a stud

Madden cover has always been a bout perennial stars and EA is making a marketing mistake with Hillis when it comes to the average NFL fan who does not know about Hillis
You keep on saying this throughout the thread.

Please show me a link where anyone on the cover made a huge impact on sales positively or negatively.

The avg football fan/casual gamer wants the brand "Madden" not who is on the cover.

# 110 MrSkagTrendy @ 04/25/11 01:05 PM
i still can't believe people are saying the average nfl fan doesn't know who peyton hillis is? have you been hiding under a rock?

# 111 The GIGGAS @ 04/25/11 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Hillis has put up one good year, not great and now people want to call him exciting and a stud

Madden cover has always been a bout perennial stars and EA is making a marketing mistake with Hillis when it comes to the average NFL fan who does not know about Hillis
Perennial stars, just like Daunte Culpepper and Vince Young.

# 112 TracerBullet @ 04/25/11 01:11 PM
Is there a reason that Giants fans seem to be taking the most offense to Hillis being on the cover?

Also Danny Woodhead went on ESPN and didn't make it past Aaron Rodgers so none of that conspiracy crap.

# 113 PSRusse83 @ 04/25/11 01:37 PM
Mike Vick won

# 114 kingkilla56 @ 04/25/11 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Is there a reason that Giants fans seem to be taking the most offense to Hillis being on the cover?

Also Danny Woodhead went on ESPN and didn't make it past Aaron Rodgers so none of that conspiracy crap.
Oh I dont give a crap if Hillis wins (even though the **** storm of vick would be more entertaining to see).

I just laugh when we start saying the guy is elite.

# 115 kingkilla56 @ 04/25/11 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSRusse83
Mike Vick won
Oh really?

# 116 bkrich83 @ 04/25/11 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
I wonder if it's his past, or the Monday night blowout that's bothering you.
For me it's his high level of doucheness.

Although personally I file who's on the cover under the "I could care less category"

# 117 bkrich83 @ 04/25/11 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Perennial stars, just like Daunte Culpepper and Vince Young.
Great point.

# 118 kingkilla56 @ 04/25/11 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
For me it's his high level of doucheness.

Although personally I file who's on the cover under the "I could care less category"
Spoiler

# 119 bichettehappens @ 04/25/11 02:05 PM
Haters gonna hate...

If Vick wins I'll just use a custom cover that says I'm playing "Ethan Albright Pigskin Extravaganza Two-Thousand and 12"... got nothing to do with Vick hatred tho, fan of the guy I just think that would be fun

# 120 mrpolybius @ 04/25/11 02:19 PM
does everyone not realize the only reason peyton hillis is going to win is because NO ONE IS VOTING FOR THEIR STAR PLAYER! they dont want to see them get hurt! if i was a packers fan i would NOT vote for aaron rodgers because of the madden curse, people are celebrating this as a victory for peyton hillis, he wins by default, because no one wants to see a star player get hurt.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.