Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

If you look closely, you can see OS in the background, during the Florida St. scene.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 sportzbro @ 04/25/11 03:19 PM
Looks like secondary color cleats...(for UF) you could only wear orange last year IIRC

LOL, yes OS. This must have been recent, because I remember that being posted just a week or 2 ago...

After seeing that, it makes me wonder how hard it is to get these in the game:

We need this option, the vapors with the team color as base.

# 22 sportzbro @ 04/25/11 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Yes, they do! Very cool. They read and pay attention. I'm sure it won't be in this years game, but Florida Atlantic's new stadium is supposed to be ready for the 2011 season. Can't wait for that one to be in the game.

Edit: Here's a photo/rendering of FAU's new place...

Damn, that is sweet - hopefully its in.

# 23 blkprince04 @ 04/25/11 04:13 PM
ohhh yea, OS gets a shout out from ea, ohhh yeaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 24 Watson @ 04/25/11 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJACK
Definitely this. With the primary and secondary colors as options would add a lot to the realism.
No, we don't.

I'm afraid I don't want to spend the rest of my life drooling over uni combos

# 25 canes21 @ 04/25/11 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
No, we don't.

I'm afraid I don't want to spend the rest of my life drooling over uni combos
And some of us don't want to spend the rest of our lives drooling over multiple hit tackles, but that doesn't mean they don't need to be there. Tackling is as much of the sports as uniforms are. Every time you watch a football game you are guaranteed to see uniforms and tackles made unless it is flag or touch football, then it is just uniforms.

# 26 poopoop @ 04/25/11 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
I understand this not bothering someone visually that bad but if it is in fact off like you describe, that's a serious foundational issue, IMO. If the field and players are not scaled close to accurate, then that has to be skewing other areas as well. I will refrain from going into some long rant but how can things like routes, QB drop backs, field measurements, speed/jump ratings and spacing be simulated well IF the scaling foundation is that far off?
EA either does it intentionally or they just don't care.

# 27 Dr Death @ 04/25/11 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_baker09
WOW! thats so cool. I saw the photo i posted here on OS of FSU's new field layout and it showed them editing it into the game!
And now I am going to post this... in hopes that EA can still get this in the game. At TGT there's a thread about which team everyone will be using and I posted that I will probably play an off-line dynasty w/ Florida State... cool uni's, love the War Chant, Chief Osceola and... if EA can get these girls in the game, I'll never play as any other team!

Insert Big Hint Here:

# 28 J-Unit40 @ 04/25/11 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Looks like secondary color cleats...(for UF) you could only wear orange last year IIRC

Good catch Born. It appears that secondary team color arm and leg bands are in too! Slick. All the little details end up making a difference.

# 29 dan_457 @ 04/25/11 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Good catch Born. It appears that secondary team color arm and leg bands are in too! Slick. All the little details end up making a difference.
Nice, I didn't even see the Alternate colored bands until you mentioned it. That's a nice little addition people have wanted for a while.

# 30 TDenverFan @ 04/25/11 07:52 PM
Wow... makes you realize how much effort those little things take. That marhing band had alot of members with alot of moving joints. Also, I hope there's some new bowl presentations... I think it was hinted at in that Vid with the Fiesta Bowl thingy...

# 31 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 04/25/11 08:23 PM
Never personally noticed if the players were to big but if the difference is really that far off I can only imagine how much of an impact it must have on the game.

I still do not care for extra visuals or what the art team does. More interested in the things I can't see. AI coding is where its at baby. What good is a shiny game if it plays like Tecmo Bowl. (Not that Tecmo Bowl was bad for its time, but its not up to today's standards).

# 32 Jessep07 @ 04/25/11 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJACK
Definitely this. With the primary and secondary colors as options would add a lot to the realism.
Is there a way that we can petition to try to get these in the game?

# 33 LBFitted @ 04/25/11 09:01 PM
looked like they were throwing a person up in the crowd...that looked pretty cool

# 34 moylan1234 @ 04/25/11 09:07 PM
does this video hint that the entrances/celebrations/bands can be made generic for created teams? does it also hint that we'll have more customization options for fields/stadiums?

# 35 timtime @ 04/25/11 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
well the big thing I noticed in that video, was the marching band on the field (was that Tennessee's or Texas'?), and there was a LOT of members of that band being rendered, so the possibility of the marching band in the entrance for Tennessee could be there. That video was awesome though and it was cooling seeing the marching band actually on the field. I think things like this makes it feel like college football.
iiiiiii hopppppeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! being saying this for years.....i remember when i was younger talking to my old friend about how awesome the game would be if they ran through the T

# 36 timtime @ 04/25/11 11:21 PM
1:49 tim tebow is on a loading screen it looks like

# 37 hurricanefootball4 @ 04/25/11 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtime
Loading screens of former Heisman winners? Focus on RTG or Road to Heisman mode? Speculating, but I assumed that was where the major news/focus would be this year

# 38 huskeraddict @ 04/26/11 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtime
I'd imagine this was filmed before they announced Ingram as the cover athlete so they probably just used last year's Tebow menu image as a placeholder until the new one got it.

# 39 sportzbro @ 04/26/11 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Loading screens of former Heisman winners? Focus on RTG or Road to Heisman mode? Speculating, but I assumed that was where the major news/focus would be this year
Ive been thinking that RTG was going to be the major thing this year, which would suck imo.

# 40 hurricanefootball4 @ 04/26/11 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Ive been thinking that RTG was going to be the major thing this year, which would suck imo.
I've been thinking that too and have a similar feeling. Would like Dynasty to be the focus.

The gameplay and presentation elements have had me excited so far, dynasty improvements would put it over the top for me. If the focus is RTG with minor dynasty improvements I'll admit I might have that "facelift" feeling about the game

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.