Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

General
  • Users can now share saved data files.
  • Pitcher will now catch more pop up bunts, jammed hits in the air instead of ignoring them
  • CPU batters will no longer swing at balls that bounce up in to the strike zone
  • Fixed bug with bases loaded, two outs, ball in dirt strike three, step on home. Batter comes back up to the plate at the start of the next inning fixed.
  • Fixed CPU closer getting yanked after giving up 1 run when ahead by two in a save situation
  • Catcher will now catch more balls that bounce in front of him instead of blocking them. As it stands, a lot of the blocked balls turn in to WP's.
  • Fixed Miguel Tejada's homerun bug - This can occur only when you make a RTTS show player and make him lefty or switch hitter, because Tejada is normally right handed.
  • Fixed Errors incorrectly being called on backend of double plays, when the out wasn't made.
  • The rob HR off the glove issues addressed. Now when a rob hr is attempted, the ball hit's the glove and the ball goes over the wall it is counted as a HR.
  • Catcher will pick up balls under him instead of standing up all the time. Also he catches more short hops instead of standing up all the time.
  • Knuckleball pitch movement addressed (no longer looks like a good change up. left and right movement occurs)
  • Fixed issues with pitcher not fielding bunts that were popped up.
  • Fixed the bug, not giving an error, on some error throws in the infield.
  • Fixed giving batter non-existent Fielders Choice.
  • Wind influence reduction based on extensive tests versus real life stats and community feedback
  • Added Pitcher and Batter handedness changes. On the substitution screen, when entered from the bullpen only.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing a stutter in the Start screen and during pitches in-game. Not always, but sometimes.
  • Analog Pitching, is now harder to pin point your location
  • Analog Hitting has been made easier
  • Meter pitching, its now harder to pinpoint your location
  • Fixed late catcher back pick issue that allowed the runner to take second
Franchise Fixes
  • Cause players with low overall to retire sooner.
  • Fixed a bug causing players to not store their initial attribute levels at the start of each season, causing progression in the offseason to appear much larger than it was since it was being calculated to the start of 2011, regardless of the current season.
  • Decisions on contract options need to be made sooner since the exclusive negotiation period was shortened from 15 to 5 days.
  • Only players with 6+ years of service time will be flagged as type A or type B free agents.
  • Fixed the accelerated progression where players were progressing to their potential at age 26 instead of 30.
  • Fixed 99 ovr players were not correctly normalizing to 1.0f.
  • Adjusted salary curve and fixed issues with salaries in short seasons.OPERATION SPORTS
  • Now the game doesn't backload contracts that are less than $5M per year or less than 4 years.
  • Adjusted how potentials are assigned to generated players.
  • More logic to see if a contract should be tendered to a player before allowing him to become a free agent. Also, more accurate calculation for salary reserved for minor league players under the team's control.
  • Fixed some bugs with the popup message in multi-user franchise mode when minor league teams secure a bye in the playoffs.
  • Make sure any player who is decent (75 ovr, 75 potential) are being offered arbitration. Also, make sure free agents were offered arbitration by the CPU and teams didn't receive compensation picks for players to whom they didn't offer arbitration.
  • Fixed the issue to make sure that contract offers and arbitration offers aren't cleared when a player becomes a free agent at the end of the 5 day exclusive negotiation period.
  • Fixed the issue and now more 1 year contracts for arbitration eligible players.
  • Make the best available player the most valuable if the team is missing minor leaguers.
  • Set team strategies for the user teams as well.
  • All minor leaguers will now have 1 year contracts by default.
  • Treat CPU controlled user teams as CPU teams for purposes of reducing trades during the season.
  • Clear a player's minor league option used status at the start of spring training instead of at the end of it. This was allowing the user to send players down during spring training and not have an option used.
RTTS
  • Fixes an event ordering issue at the end of offseason. Promotes decision to force career player contract signing to the beginning of the Advance function on the last day of offseason, in front of HandleOrganization. HandleOrganization may move the player to the 40 man roster in the HandleRenewal call, and this previously would change the Renewable status before the player was forced to sign, which would put the career player into a state the system was not prepared for.
  • Sportsmanship fix for Gamer of the Day online home screen. Was always showing zero.
  • Player vault appearance fix. This would happen when creating, exporting, uploading, then downloading single players. They would have a Jeter head instead of the head created.
  • Custom roster load to make sure they all load the same. tested, and no more divergence. To test, use leagues with a custom roster.OPERATION SPORTS
  • Framrate improvements during online game when pitcher side is from pitching view, the batter's screen takes framerate hits. This is most noticeable in TB. Graphics improvements done and the 2nd base umpire turned off.
  • Balks and Batter Walk-ups should now work in league games when set to ON in League create. For Batter walk-ups Presentation Mode must be set to any option, other than Fast Play.
  • Fixed the issue where once anyone in a league trades and has more than 40 players on a league team, the game may crash for some users when accessing My Leagues. Or some teams may have the wrong player and cause league problems.
  • Fixed Play Now and exhibition games entered don't always have Wind at 4mph coming in from RF.
  • randomness restored to wind for online games.
  • Side ticker clean up, which addresses games that are in Preview status.
  • On Line check swings adjustments, opening up the timing window for them. Should now be improved.

The bug:
"When I started a new RTTS I used last weeks online roster file. I created my guy and entered the draft. After the team selected me it tried to auto-save but couldn't. A window popped up, reading ''UNABLE TO LOCATE THE CURRENT SAVED FILE, WHICH WAS CREATED BY ANOTHER USER. THEREFORE, NO FURTHER PROGRESS CAN BE SAVED AT THIS TIME.'' I tried to save manually but a window popped up reading ''YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO SAVE DATA CREATED BY ANOTHER USER. ONLY OVERWRITING THE CURRENT SAVED FILE WILL BE PERMITTED.'' Two options were available ''cancel'' or ''overwrite existing file.'' I selected ''overwrite existing file.'' But then the whole ''UNABLE TO SAVE DATA CREATED BY ANOTHER USER. THEREFORE, NO FURTHER PROGRESS CAN BE SAVED AT THIS TIME.'' I tried to load the roster and then start the RTTS and use the current roster option but the same exact thing happened. I could only save the RTTS if I used the default rosters. Do I have to wait for this weeks rosters to save a RTTS, or does anybody have any ideas?"

The Work Around:
1) Boot up the game. As soon as you hit the menu screen, go over & save the default roster in a new file. Don't load anything beforehand; I tried this fix as soon as I got the error in my new RTTS & it wouldn't let me create a new roster file ("There is no file present" or something similar)
2) Once you've saved that roster in a new file, load whatever roster you want to use.
3) Save the roster you just loaded over the one you just created.
Now the roster you want is stored in a file created by you, so it's not going to get jammed up & it'll let you create RTTS/Franchise files with those rosters."

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Sacrafice @ 04/25/11 07:02 PM
This has been mentioned in the other thread and some have said it was happening before the patch so I don't know.

I played over 100 games pre-patch and not once (0 times) the CPU gave an error on a 4th ball in the dirt. 5 post-patch games and it is 3 for 3 on giving an error for the 4th ball in the dirt.

If it happened before it was a very few and far between now it seems like it's going to be 100% of the time.

I don't really mind it as it don't effect anything as long as my hitter get's the stat of getting the walk which he does. Just posting it in here.

So only analog hitting got the bump? I was hitting .219 in 22 games with zone pre-patch and now up to .239 in 5 just games post patch.

Meter pitching is a bit harder. It just throws more way off target stuff even with perfect command. Not too shabby there because that stuff makes the CPU swing at balls more thinking it's getting one in the zone and the pitcher throws it way off target. Kind of like setting up a fastball high in the zone, but hitting the line short of perfect for it to go high.

Overall it made the game near perfect as long as hitting online overall will be better and the disappearing ball thing works. Then the game will be balls to the walls!!!

# 62 Azamien @ 04/25/11 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrafice
This has been mentioned in the other thread and some have said it was happening before the patch so I don't know.

I played over 100 games pre-patch and not once (0 times) the CPU gave an error on a 4th ball in the dirt. 5 post-patch games and it is 3 for 3 on giving an error for the 4th ball in the dirt.

If it happened before it was a very few and far between now it seems like it's going to be 100% of the time.
It's because the bug only occurs when the catcher handles the ball cleanly, and prior to the patch they were almost never handling balls in the dirt cleanly. Now they do nearly every time, so the bug is way more apparent.

# 63 ImTellinTim @ 04/25/11 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesscan
Can anyone explain what this means?
Sounds like it has something to do with the probabilities in the equations the game uses to generate outcomes. It's math you don't even want to know.

# 64 baseballsim @ 04/25/11 07:10 PM
Whats the benefit of this item?

Quote:
Users can now share saved data files
I'm assuming this is for sliders and settings, etc?

# 65 nomo17k @ 04/25/11 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim

Some people play the same franchise by passing the save file around, controlling different teams.

# 66 Bamafan3723 @ 04/25/11 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim

It means franchise/season files.

# 67 aktransplant007 @ 04/25/11 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Have you tried that workaround thing someone else found? (I can't quote the post directly because the topic is closed):
This is a workaround and does help, but only starting a new Franchise (or other mode). I deleted the Franchise I was doing before the patch, because of this problem. I think it's important to figure out what happened or is going on, as this could happen again and to a larger group at some point. Again, this is a workaround to start a new mode of the game; I'm sure others are far more into their Franchise/mode and would like a solution/fix or to know if they should just start over if they will not be able to fix this.

Also, if individuals would be more considerate regarding the posts similar to "Thanks SCEA, etc. etc. for the fixes". It gets difficult to sift through the relevant information being discussed in Threads such as this one; the amount of pages to go through just for the posts thanking SCEA or indiviuals gets craaaazy. If one person does it, just say thanks for the whole community. I'm sure just about everyone is grateful for the work that was done; and will always find the ones that didn't get their issue solved. If you end up posting something regarding the topic, just say thanks on that.

Thanks to SCEA for the work on the patch, the game does play better and as previously stated, this game is amazing regarding the improvement this year on the Pitch/Batter interface. If you have any questions regarding the "save" issues some of had, you can contact me, but am sure you can find all the information on the "Impressions thread" discussed earlier.

I did have an issue (since the patch and have pictures) of a possible bullpen issue. Playing the game yesterday, I went to my bullpen and it brought up the AI's bullpen; going to opponents bullpen went to mine. I will see if it's still there and will post in "bugs thread".

# 68 mph2k @ 04/25/11 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
  • Player vault appearance fix. This would happen when creating, exporting, uploading, then downloading single players. They would have a Jeter head instead of the head created.

Since the patch, the ability to create past players has been removed. Will you this be re-adding this?

# 69 caseyj622 @ 04/25/11 07:34 PM
Did the dirty uniforms get fixed? Whenever I slide into a base sometimes the uniform gets dirty, sometimes it doesn't. Then the next time he comes upto bat his pants are always dirty and his shirt is completely spotless.

# 70 beantownbruins @ 04/25/11 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktransplant007
This is a workaround and does help, but only starting a new Franchise (or other mode). I deleted the Franchise I was doing before the patch, because of this problem. I think it's important to figure out what happened or is going on, as this could happen again and to a larger group at some point. Again, this is a workaround to start a new mode of the game; I'm sure others are far more into their Franchise/mode and would like a solution/fix or to know if they should just start over if they will not be able to fix this.
That's the problem. Any news yet Russell?

# 71 superbus @ 04/25/11 07:37 PM
Just to clarify: will the franchise mode fixes apply to existing franchises, or only new ones?

# 72 countryboy @ 04/25/11 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbus
Just to clarify: will the franchise mode fixes apply to existing franchises, or only new ones?
it works with existing franchises

# 73 spitoon @ 04/25/11 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mph2k
Since the patch, the ability to create past players has been removed. Will you this be re-adding this?
I think the fact that you were able to do this in the first place was a bug...they no longer have the rights to those players' likness' so they can't be in the game....hence they were removed.

# 74 Mike10693 @ 04/25/11 07:42 PM
I am sure this has been answered but will all of these fixes take place in my franchise that is already taking place or do I need to start a whole new one?

# 75 spitoon @ 04/25/11 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike10693
I am sure this has been answered but will all of these fixes take place in my franchise that is already taking place or do I need to start a whole new one?
Dude! 2 posts above yours...

# 76 ktd1976 @ 04/25/11 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktransplant007

Also, if individuals would be more considerate regarding the posts similar to "Thanks SCEA, etc. etc. for the fixes". It gets difficult to sift through the relevant information being discussed in Threads such as this one; the amount of pages to go through just for the posts thanking SCEA or indiviuals gets craaaazy. If one person does it, just say thanks for the whole community. I'm sure just about everyone is grateful for the work that was done; and will always find the ones that didn't get their issue solved. If you end up posting something regarding the topic, just say thanks on that.

Thanks to SCEA for the work on the patch, the game does play better and as previously stated, this game is amazing regarding the improvement this year on the Pitch/Batter interface. If you have any questions regarding the "save" issues some of had, you can contact me, but am sure you can find all the information on the "Impressions thread" discussed earlier.

I did have an issue (since the patch and have pictures) of a possible bullpen issue. Playing the game yesterday, I went to my bullpen and it brought up the AI's bullpen; going to opponents bullpen went to mine. I will see if it's still there and will post in "bugs thread".
I thought it was figured out that if you started a NEW franchise, and saved it, THEN loaded your old existing franchise that wouldn't save, that you could overwrite the "NEW" one with the old one that wouldn't save, and it would work properly at that point? Maybe I misunderstood the workaround.

# 77 Sacrafice @ 04/25/11 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoman
Not to be an *** but really?

Your 20 points higher in a 5 game sample size... That proves nothing.
I am getting 25 more hits in 5 games (5 more hits per game) over what I was hitting right after a patch came out. I got 5-6 hits a game consistently and now I am getting 11-12. In 29 games before that I had a .225 batting average in Spring Training. In those 51 games I hit over 10 hits 2 times. Now I have done it 5 games in a row. I didn't add my Spring Training average because I didn't figure out what my Spring Training and 1st 22 games of the season's average was.

So these trends are not a big enough difference for you? Even with just what I posted you should have figured out that I actually have been hitting nearly if not more than 100 points than I was before.

I keep pretty good stats in my excel sheet for my team. I don't just post my thoughts without knowing at least what I see. Like one of my other thoughts was explained with another thought out response that I didn't think of or see posted prior to making my post.

Seriously...

# 78 aktransplant007 @ 04/25/11 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
I thought it was figured out that if you started a NEW franchise, and saved it, THEN loaded your old existing franchise that wouldn't save, that you could overwrite the "NEW" one with the old one that wouldn't save, and it would work properly at that point? Maybe I misunderstood the workaround.
No, it does not fix Franchises/other modes that were created before the patch and you have this problem. It just makes the roster (other than Default) able to save and create a New Franchise/mode that can be saved. There is some issue regarding not recognizing the individual who originally created the Mode and loading/saving previous Mode.

Also, it was stated somewhere that it may have to do with an indiviuals PS3. Mine was purchased ~Sept/Oct (my fatboy died in less than 2 years), if that helps any.

# 79 countryboy @ 04/25/11 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrafice
I am getting 25 more hits in 5 games (5 more hits per game) over what I was hitting right after a patch came out. I got 5-6 hits a game consistently and now I am getting 11-12. In 29 games before that I had a .225 batting average in Spring Training. In those 51 games I hit over 10 hits 2 times. Now I have done it 5 games in a row. I didn't add my Spring Training average because I didn't figure out what my Spring Training and 1st 22 games of the season's average was.

So these trends are not a big enough difference for you? Even with just what I posted you should have figured out that I actually have been hitting nearly if not more than 100 points than I was before.

I keep pretty good stats in my excel sheet for my team. I don't just post my thoughts without knowing at least what I see. Like one of my other thoughts was explained with another thought out response that I didn't think of or see posted prior to making my post.

Seriously...
so what is your beef?

If hitting is getting difficult...lower difficulty/adjust sliders. If its getting to easy...raise difficulty/adjust sliders.

# 80 raneman85 @ 04/25/11 08:08 PM
Haven't played in a few days. Those of you who downloaded the latest patch, do you recommend downloading it now or waiting for future updates?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.