Home
Madden 12 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 chen_sc @ 04/25/11 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Really? Consecutive hit tackles and Custom Playbooks are the same mediocre Madden we've seen in the last years?

People have been asking for these over the last years and people still aren't happy. Wow, can't please everyone all the time at OS.
I must to correct myself...I meant that the animations looks the same as previous maddens from what I could see in this video...

# 22 TreyIM2 @ 04/25/11 07:03 PM
Ummmmm, ok...

# 23 SageInfinite @ 04/25/11 07:04 PM
The clip of Vick has me the most excited. It actually looks real-time instead of a cutscene. Especially when the angle switches and shows him running to the huddle. Looks like an exact broadcast view. Can't wait to see more.

I still hate the cinematic approach EA takes. Broadcast all the way!

# 24 roadman @ 04/25/11 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chen_sc
I must to correct myself...I meant that the animations looks the same as previous maddens from what I could see in this video...
Ok, gotcha, sounds a bit better.

NCAA has been saying that there will be less suction and warping in the game, so, if the same system is coming over to Madden 12, I'm assuming the same thing.

Hard to tell from a quick teaser video, though.

# 25 goodygoody @ 04/25/11 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
The clip of Vick has me the most excited. It actually looks real-time instead of a cutscene. Especially when the angle switches and shows him running to the huddle. Looks like an exact broadcast view. Can't wait to see more.

I still hate the cinematic approach EA takes. Broadcast all the way!
I liked the Vick scene too. What caught my eye was the stat overlay. It blows the one from Madden 11 out the water. Props are due.

# 26 jmurphy31 @ 04/25/11 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodygoody
I liked the Vick scene too. What caught my eye was the stat overlay. It blows the one from Madden 11 out the water. Props are due.
Do you think the stat overlay is from a pregame intro or midgame?

# 27 Inapprope @ 04/25/11 07:18 PM
I didn't buy Madden last year and said I wouldn't again until consecutive hit tackles were in... Looks like I didn't have to wait too much longer. Can't wait for Thursday, but so far this look like a release day buy for me after skipping last year out of frustration.

# 28 Falcons11497 @ 04/25/11 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i agree this was stupid putting it through the letters like that. You can hardly see anything.
which is the point of "teaser"

its meant to 'tease' people. The announcements and real pics will come soon, im sure
patience is key

# 29 kennyacid @ 04/25/11 07:20 PM
hmmmm NCAA looks to be once again the better game.

# 30 roadman @ 04/25/11 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
hmmmm NCAA looks to be once again the better game.
Yeah, ok, a few teaser videos vs a few game play and presentation videos.

Let's wait until the info released is even.

# 31 goodygoody @ 04/25/11 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Do you think the stat overlay is from a pregame intro or midgame?
I would assume that its a pregame intro overlay. Only because those are his stats from last year.

# 32 SageInfinite @ 04/25/11 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yeah, ok, a few teaser videos vs a few game play and presentation videos.

Let's wait until the info released is even.
Yeah I really don't get this NCAA has "won" already trip people are on. Last year I didn't purchase Madden, but I did buy NCAA and I thought it was pretty good for EA football, but it's way too early now to call which game is better.

# 33 Armor and Sword @ 04/25/11 07:30 PM
I will withhold any and all judgement till I play the retail release.

Simple as that.

# 34 K_GUN @ 04/25/11 07:31 PM
at the :14 sec mark...anybody else notice that *NEW* BILLS uniform?.it's either another retro (from the late 70s) or their new uni's...(which i don't think have been revealed yet)

sweet!

# 35 jmurphy31 @ 04/25/11 07:31 PM
Quote:
I would assume that its a pregame intro overlay. Only because those are his stats from last year.
Ok. Thanks. I can't see the video on my phone. I was kind of hoping the stat overlay was in game.

# 36 Nab_Impervious_XII @ 04/25/11 07:33 PM
Quote:
It blows the one from Madden 11 out the water. Props are due.

"Blows Madden 11 out of the water"? I personally wouldn't go that far. Same stats (with interceptions added), just different animation. I guess it's a nice parallel addition, but I need to see a lot more.

# 37 jWILL253 @ 04/25/11 07:37 PM
The Seahawks got a lot of love, it looks like. I hope they have a cut scene of the 12th Man flag being raised.

With that said, I'm not really feeling the way they're doing their presentation. The thing that sets NBA 2K11, MLB 10 The Show (or MLB 2K11, for that matter) apart from the rest, is they go all-out with the presentation.

Madden has this half-on-the-field-immersion, half-broadcast thing going on right now. But, they gotta pick one: either go full broadcast, or not at all...

# 38 Falcons11497 @ 04/25/11 07:37 PM
im sorry, but why does vick's body look so 'fake' and cartoonish in that pic
maybe they were just that early in the stage of the game
I hope he doesnt look like that pic (especially not the pants)
but i doubt he will

# 39 jmurphy31 @ 04/25/11 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab_Impervious_XII

"Blows Madden 11 out of the water"? I personally wouldn't go that far. Same stats (with interceptions added), just different animation. I guess it's a nice parallel addition, but I need to see a lot more.
It does look more realistic. When was the last time we saw a stat overlay that included total completions and no percentageor interceptions. Now if we can get them to stop giving stat overlays in game using complete sentences.

# 40 turducken34 @ 04/25/11 07:38 PM
Hard to get excited or let down from these teasers. Both Madden and NCAA are both day one purchases for me anyways. Team intro's are nice but are more important to me for NCAA. With Madden, I want to see more of a broadcast-style presentation. Hopefully I'll find out thursday.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.