Home
Madden 12 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 STLRams @ 04/26/11 08:58 AM
God please let EA finally give us a true haltime show with better highlights and play by play commentary during the highlights and a end of game show. From the teaser the presentation looks interesting though.

# 122 CM Hooe @ 04/26/11 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I don't understand why they releases this video when the embargo is up Thursday.
They create this video for a number of reasons:

-public awareness for their upcoming announcements (both to drive traffic to their website and also as a heads-up to fans)
-because they want to show the fans who already know about the pending announcement something to get their brain working on what could be in store

That's why EA creates these teasers.

Quote:
I was hyped before but now my hype meter went down somewhat since they spoiled some of the actual video we will see Thursday.
See, if this is the type of reaction we're going to give EA for releasing media, they might as well not release anything at all. They're by no means obligated to do so.

# 123 MrSkagTrendy @ 04/26/11 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I don't understand why they releases this video when the embargo is up Thursday. I was hyped before but now my hype meter went down somewhat since they spoiled some of the actual video we will see Thursday.
jeeze EA can never win.

"mah mah mah we want more stuff earlier"

"mah mah mah they've released stuff early now there's not as much for me to see later"

Nobody made you watch it....

# 124 djordan @ 04/26/11 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
jeeze EA can never win.

"mah mah mah we want more stuff earlier"

"mah mah mah they've released stuff early now there's not as much for me to see later"

Nobody made you watch it....
Come on dude. I'm just saying the shock factor is gone. NCAA didn't release these 30 second teaser video's. Im still going to be here Thursday morning waiting for all of the info to drop lol.

# 125 DavidmOrtiz15 @ 04/26/11 09:07 AM
It would be neat for the commentary to be like in 2k. The commentators seem to have good chemistry and have conversations with each other. Instead of having Gus Johnson talk all game and only having Chris Collinsworth say one or two things like, "this quarterback has a reputation of being a wild thrower" (especially if your playing with a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning)

# 126 PSRusse83 @ 04/26/11 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Looks good so far....just hope the presentation aspects are not broken in other game modes (Franchise)...And maybe even they've added Franchise specific commentary like the 2k NBA/MLB games
I want Franchise specific commentary in the manner of This is week 1 or this is week 2 and while we are at it this is week 3. If they would just use more football terminology it would help this game greatly.

# 127 Armor and Sword @ 04/26/11 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidmOrtiz15
It would be neat for the commentary to be like in 2k. The commentators seem to have good chemistry and have conversations with each other. Instead of having Gus Johnson talk all game and only having Chris Collinsworth say one or two things like, "this quarterback has a reputation of being a wild thrower" (especially if your playing with a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning)

You would think with all the glory and praise NFL2K5 garnered and still to this day recieves (it is a great game no doubt) the Tiburon team would look at their franchise mode and ESPN presentation as a nice template to build from. Heck The Show team was very deliberate in taking many of the strong points of MVP Baseball and implementing that into the Show series.

Nothing wrong with that...right?

The only true thing missing from Madden right now is great presentation and a truly rewarding and replayble franchise mode. And I know they hear us....and I truly hope to kill it this year.

We can hope right!

# 128 mrmass413 @ 04/26/11 09:16 AM
wow....alot of hate on here. i cant wait for thursday see whats new for 12 hopefully half-time highlights. i like the lil things makes it authentic

# 129 mrmass413 @ 04/26/11 09:20 AM
i also noticed no 3d grass in the teaser...... bummer!

# 130 jmurphy31 @ 04/26/11 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmass413
wow....alot of hate on here. i cant wait for thursday see whats new for 12 hopefully half-time highlights. i like the lil things makes it authentic
I'm not sure if Thursday will include info on a half-time show or not. Looking at the teaser it didn't really show anything that might elude to a halftime show. This might be for two reasons 1. They are saving it to show it later 2. Its not in there.

I am hoping for the first one and that it will be in there

# 131 Hova57 @ 04/26/11 09:36 AM
The Polamalu interception was cool. Looked like he does when he intercepts the ball.

# 132 goodygoody @ 04/26/11 09:49 AM
I actually like what I see.. But please.. Please dont have the videos on thursday saying B-L-O-G lol

# 133 mjhyankees @ 04/26/11 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
If it's better I will be buying. I thought Madden 2011 was the best since 2007.

I too enjoy madden 11.....my quote was truly positive....if it's no worse I'll be ok with it but i"m hoping for some improvements.

# 134 D-Hiatus @ 04/26/11 10:11 AM
Did I just see Improved WR Route Running?!? Andre Johnson ran that 10 and In precisely! I'm loving it...looks good...definitely a huge step up from last year! Looks like the "dive catch" button is iin full effect as well...I caught a quick glimpse of some new collision based tackles and gang tackles but couldn't get a clear shot as to what was going too much! Yet in still...super stoked!

# 135 ABR173rd @ 04/26/11 10:21 AM
Quote:
You would think with all the glory and praise NFL2K5 garnered and still to this day recieves (it is a great game no doubt) the Tiburon team would look at their franchise mode and ESPN presentation as a nice template to build from. Heck The Show team was very deliberate in taking many of the strong points of MVP Baseball and implementing that into the Show series.

The only true thing missing from Madden right now is great presentation and a truly rewarding and replayble franchise mode. And I know they hear us....and I truly hope to kill it this year.

We can hope right!
All they need to do is reference NBA2k Commentators... They comment on last weeks games, the last time one of your players played that team and the type of game he had. They hit all the nails on the head.

# 136 blklightning @ 04/26/11 10:32 AM
^^^ we'll see. but given their history this gen, i can't hold out much hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
It was hard to see much in the gameplay teaser, but it looks like Madden is getting the same zone coverage and tackling improvements NCAA has, which is great news but not a surprise either.

The presentation teaser on the other hand looks really good. I seen cheerleaders, mascots, team entrances, flyovers and a really nice stat overlay popping up (I think) mid-game with Mike Vick that looked like something you'd see on Sunday Night Football.

At this point I think it's safe to say this year is going to be a much better leap forward than Madden 11 was from Madden 10. Hopefully it all translates well on the field.
yeah, a stat overlay that looks like it's from a video game. and also swipes ea sports instead of espn or nfl network, two licenses that they have access to. whatever.

# 137 roadman @ 04/26/11 11:32 AM
Quote:

We can hope right!
They used to have 2k running at the office to show the employees and Ian sent a congratulatory post over in the The Show Forum a few years ago.

# 138 jmurphy31 @ 04/26/11 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Dynamic commentary? In Madden??

I believe the improved presentation will be visual only. All of you thinking it'll include NBA 2k-style commentary will probably be disappointed.

JMO...........
I tend to agree with this as well. I do think it may sound a little better than last year, but I still think it has a long way to go to reach NBA 2k11 standards.

I do have a question about 2k11 though. have they always had dynamic commentary? I just picked up 2k 11 this for the first time in a while. Im guessing they have improved little by little each year.

# 139 RGiles36 @ 04/26/11 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Dynamic commentary? In Madden??

I believe the improved presentation will be visual only. All of you thinking it'll include NBA 2k-style commentary will probably be disappointed.

JMO...........
I expect some new lines, but I don't expect the commentary to be any more organic than it has been in, well, all of Madden's history. I believe to get this going, they'll have to build a brand new commentary engine -- I don't see that for their '12 football games.

# 140 bigsmallwood @ 04/26/11 01:40 PM
Thursday: "Can't Wait" *bart scott voice*

I really hope consecutive hit tackling is in the game and that the presentation is not cookie cutter and can match up with 2K's (NBA 2K11 and NFL 2K5) This would be a WELCOME addition especially dynamic commentary!!! #Thursday!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.