Home
Madden 12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

A longer version, can be seen here. Although, the capture quality isn't very good. Plenty of frames missing.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 roadman @ 04/27/11 11:16 AM
Thanks, but a fast moving 15 second video is tough to follow for me.

I did see a consecutive hit tackle on Vick, though, so, that is different than 11 and others.

# 2 Hassan Darkside @ 04/27/11 11:17 AM
The graphics are really impressive. That's the first thing that stands out to me.

# 3 djordan @ 04/27/11 11:18 AM
I like the smooth transition from Touchdown to Touchdown celebration.I also like the 2 man tackle towards the end of the video. Can't wait to see more info tomorrow.

# 4 Jarodd21 @ 04/27/11 11:23 AM
I'm glad you put it out because I couldn't find it when I was looking it up. I had just saw it a while ago..

# 5 Senator Palmer @ 04/27/11 11:50 AM
I saw it. Wanted to make a thread, but I figured it'd be useless without a pic or vid. Thanks.

The first thing that jumped out at me was the thickness of Michael Vick's upper body, namely the rib pads. He actually looks leaner in his uniform in real life, but I ain't mad at tweaking the models. I can't tell if there were any more tweaks, but the models for the DBs still look the same. Then I tried to see if they had Vick's throwing motion right. Couldn't tell on either of the two throws.

Nice new presentation touch with intro and the game does look like it's moving pretty smoothly.

# 6 SageInfinite @ 04/27/11 11:57 AM
Graphics look good as always. Not feeling the catch animations. They always look off to me. I'm still pretty excited for Madden this year, especially since I skipped Madden 11(1st time I've ever skipped Madden).

# 7 kjcheezhead @ 04/27/11 12:06 PM
I liked the quick shot of the intro and I like how the players seemed a bit bigger.

I didn't like some of the same bad animations like after the first catch, the Bears defender slides into the tackle animation and when his is playing the Cards, the lb in the background is already throwing his arms up in disgust and Vick isn't even down yet. I also saw no sign of that 3d grass the games are supposed to have this year.

# 8 MrSkagTrendy @ 04/27/11 12:12 PM
Looks like you can really get a feel for Vick's speed in that run vs the Giants..it seems as though the guy is flying

# 9 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/27/11 12:20 PM
1. You can really see the momentum shift when Vick accelerates then he slows down to throw it.

2. The whole throwing on the run looked beautiful.

3. Didn't like at the end that the 3rd defender didn't join on on the 2 man joint tackle even though he was right on the side of the of the other 2 defenders, he just watched instead of getting in on the action.

# 10 bpac55 @ 04/27/11 12:25 PM
Why does Maclin look like a tight end?

# 11 mvb34 @ 04/27/11 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
1. You can really see the momentum shift when Vick accelerates then he slows down to throw it.

2. The whole throwing on the run looked beautiful.

3. Didn't like at the end that the 3rd defender didn't join on on the 2 man joint tackle even though he was right on the side of the of the other 2 defenders, he just watched instead of getting in on the action.

Maybe because Vick was in the endzone..

# 12 Only1LT @ 04/27/11 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Thanks, but a fast moving 15 second video is tough to follow for me.

I did see a consecutive hit tackle on Vick, though, so, that is different than 11 and others.
Not to open up this can of worms again, but that wasn't a "consecutive hit" tackle. Just a two man gang tackle.

# 13 FroznYogurt @ 04/27/11 12:38 PM
Overall, I liked the video, besides the catch animations.

# 14 Only1LT @ 04/27/11 12:44 PM
Unfortunately, I too, saw too much of the same old.

Good to see that they at least paid a modicum of attention to their, in my opinion, terrible player models, but they have a long road to hoe on that front.

Animations looked status quo, which is to say, lackluster. Would be disappointed if I didn't already expect that to be the case. The transition from the scramble to the throw animation was pretty well done though.

Wish the lighting was like NCAA.

I also didn't see the new grass, but maybe it just isn't in this build used for the sneak peak.

Didn't see any new tackles, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't doing the NCAA, no suction thing as well. We'll see I guess.

Overall, nothing really of note was on display, but that could be because it was a quick sample of an early build. Could also mean that what you see is what you get. Again, we'll see.

# 15 K_GUN @ 04/27/11 12:50 PM
not impressed with it

their animations just seem to lack frames....making them look *quick*..sometimes herky/jerky....maybe it was the game speed setting, i don;t know.

i want to see long-drawn out animations

# 16 BezO @ 04/27/11 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Not to open up this can of worms again, but that wasn't a "consecutive hit" tackle. Just a two man gang tackle.
I didn't want to say anything, but yeah, that was nothing we haven't seen before.

# 17 Only1LT @ 04/27/11 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
not impressed with it

their animations just seem to lack frames....making them look *quick*..sometimes herky/jerky....maybe it was the game speed setting, i don;t know.

I agree with this and I don't think it's the speed setting. Their animations are just plain odd. They don't resemble human motion much at all. It's like they are pop locking or something.

Definitely missing frames in the animations and the transitions happen in the blink of an eye.

This is partly a design choice I think though. They know that people love Madden for it's unrealistic movement. If they were to make long drawn out animations and people didn't have pinpoint stop on a dime control, there would probably be outrage.

The other part is their tech. I'm sorry, but it's some of the worst animation tech out there. I never understand how this is possible when I know for a fact that they spend tons more money than every other studio does on animation.

It makes no sense.

# 18 SageInfinite @ 04/27/11 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
not impressed with it

I feel the exact same way. Their animations pop in and out too quickly. That's why they look so awkward. The need to be long so they connect back the running animations properly.

# 19 TreFacTor @ 04/27/11 01:07 PM
Looks like M11... I can't see anything from watching it over and over that is different (with the exception of the entrance and the celebration that Vick does after getting tackled). Maybe I'm just simply refusing to fall for the hype and have lost any optimism with regard to drastic improvements to this franchise.

# 20 spankdatazz22 @ 04/27/11 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I agree with this and I don't think it's the speed setting. Their animations are just plain odd. They don't resemble human motion much at all. It's like they are pop locking or something.
They're trying to clean it up, but at it's core it still has too much next-gen [Tiburon movement] DNA. The skating was really bad in the earlier Madden/NCAAs, and the players still aren't tethered to the ground enough. The two catch animations were both poor/bad. It's like the game is trying to select a cool animation to render and the game seems to pause slightly, instead of having it occur naturally/fluidly. Player post-play movement looks a little better but you can still see players looking hunchbacked/walking robotically in the background of the few plays that were shown. Graphics are good. Will be interesting to see full gameplay video, but likely won't see that for a while

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.