Home
Madden 12 News Post

IGN has posted a blog on five new features in Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
"Custom Playbooks: The Chargers can run the Wildcat this season. I don't know why you would want this, but you can make it work. Take any play from any team and add it to your playbook. Remove plays you don't like, order plays as you want them to appear in the game -- there's a lot of control here. And all of this is integrated with Gameflow, the system that is meant to smartly select plays for you (though it didn't always work last season). You can even rate the plays in your playbook to determine how often Gameflow selects them."

Source- 5 New Things in Madden NFL 12

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 canes21 @ 04/28/11 10:58 AM
Does that guy even watch football? Not that great of a read and he called it Madden 11 in the article.

# 2 Tengo Juego @ 04/28/11 11:01 AM
Gameflow is 'new'... huh?

# 3 djordan @ 04/28/11 11:09 AM
Hillary Goldstein huh. He is clueless about sports games in general. First he mentioned the game as Madden 11 then he says gameflow is one of the new features in Madden 12. ARE YOU SERIOUS????

# 4 kjcheezhead @ 04/28/11 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Gameflow is 'new'... huh?
It doesn't say gameflow is brand new, it says Gameflow has been tweaked. Defense plays called by balanced, conservative and aggressive plays and Offense by run heavy, pass heavy, etc.

# 5 Tengo Juego @ 04/28/11 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
It doesn't say gameflow is brand new, it says Gameflow has been tweaked. Defense plays called by balanced, conservative and aggressive plays and Offense by run heavy, pass heavy, etc.
The title of the article is "5 new things in Madden."

# 6 209vaughn @ 04/28/11 11:21 AM
OMG, is this the biggest Madden/NCAA 1-year advancment ever?? Core gamplay, presentation, graphics WOW! I'm loving the sky view of the stadiums!

# 7 djordan @ 04/28/11 11:22 AM
Quote:
Exactly! lol

# 8 kjcheezhead @ 04/28/11 11:32 AM
Quote:

Lol, and this part of Gameflow is new:

Between plays on defense, you can toggle Balanced, Aggressive, and Conservative play calling. As you switch, you'll see the call Gameflow will make if that's your selection. On offense, you can have Pass Heavy, Run Heavy, and Balanced.

# 9 Bellsprout @ 04/28/11 11:37 AM
Quote:
the ball size is correct (it used to be purposefully enormous)
Is that true? I thought we were always told that couldn't be fixed because it would mess up animations.

# 10 illwill10 @ 04/28/11 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
Is that true? I thought we were always told that couldn't be fixed because it would mess up animations.
I think they increased player size to make it look small

# 11 sportzbro @ 04/28/11 02:26 PM
goldstein is notorious for talking out of his butt, and writing terrible sports video game reviews.

# 12 pietasterp @ 04/28/11 06:28 PM
I doubt anyone (here at OS, at least) takes anything IGN - or any other major media outlet - says about sports gaming particularly seriously...

# 13 canes21 @ 04/28/11 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I think they increased player size to make it look small
They did say they reduced the size of the ball. I would hope they didn't make players any bigger because they're already too big compared to the field in my opinions. They may look proportional this year, but scaled with the field they seem like they're 8-9 feet tall to me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.