Home
Madden 12 News Post

Game Informer has posted a blog discussing some of the features from legacy generation Madden games finding their way into Madden NFL 12 for the first time on the XBOX 360/PS3.

Quote:
"For years Madden fans have been screaming for changes to some of the series' legacy problems from past iterations. Last year compounded the problem with the lack of progress for the infamous Franchise mode. Still, Madden developers EA Tiburon moved the ball forward with a revamped playcalling system and other improvements. It may not have been exactly what fans were asking for, but it was progress nonetheless. This year the developer is adding to the game on two fronts by simultaneously trying to address the past as well as evolve the series.

First off, EA Tiburon has assured me that there are big changes and/or improvements in store for the Franchise mode – they're just not talking about it in depth at this point in time. At the moment, EA Tiburon is promising "more than 100 new features and enhancements," according to a press release – including expanded rosters (sounds like practice squads!), player progression throughout the season, and a new rookie scouting system. It also sounds like some of the features appear to be taken from the defunct Head Coach game. This includes a free agent bidding system. The developer is also promising a new progression system for your player in Superstar mode."

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jmurphy31 @ 04/28/11 11:51 AM
"Madden NFL 12 isn't just about cleaning up old problems, however, as the presentation package is being significantly beefed up. The team at EA Tiburon is using extensive broadcast TV reference info to make what you see in the game more like what you see on TV. This includes everything from NFL Films-like Steadicam footage for pre-game tunnel entrances (every team will have their own custom entrance) to faux-commercial cuts that feature blimp cams and score info wipes."

This has some potential ...

# 2 aTTckr @ 04/28/11 12:10 PM
Progression during the season and the other stuff sound fantastic. Oh man they offcially got me hyped again. My hypemeter seriously went from a 0 to an 8 or 9. With NCAA 12 this could be a great year for football gaming.

# 3 kc10785 @ 04/28/11 12:12 PM
THE MADDEN HYPE TRAIN IS IN FULL EFFECT

usually im not geek up about madden at this time only when it's a week or 2 before the game is release because im so use to them promoting some BS new feature gimmick. Call me a sucker now because im falling for the hype now. All the additions they have been talking about has been great news I been waiting since PS2 and xbox days.

With all the great news that has been relase today there is still a couple of things that scare me

1.Custom Playbooks - We been asking for it for a while but if all these defensive upgrades don't play out like they say it's supose to we are going to have a bunch of people with playbooks full of youtube money plays

2. Now that the collision has been fix for oline and Dline play I hope they took time out to address Oline awareness so some of this unblockable blitz plays be pick up at least in max protection

3. Hope they address the jump ball situations because last year in madden if i had a WR that over 6 foot 2 I will get 85% of the jump balls

Can't wait to see these new feature in full effect because EA is know to tell you everything you want to hear this time of the year. LET'S PRAY THIS IS THE START OF SOMETHING NEW

# 4 Beantown @ 04/28/11 12:25 PM
From Looman's Twitter (just to temper expectations a bit):

Quote:
Just to clear up some of the announcements about franchise features...we did not add 100 features to the mode.

# 5 Scott @ 04/28/11 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown
boo...

10 char

# 6 kc10785 @ 04/28/11 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I just hope they are not making the same mistake of not sharing the code for the franchise modes. Online and offline should be exactly the same. Those of us who are sim league players want all of that same thing.
Agree 100% I don't play the offline franchises because one you figure out how to beat the CPU it's not fun anymore in past Maddens. I am in 2 money online leagues which have rules but if everything the offline franchise mode it will sort out the good GM's from bad GM's. People would think twice about trading for big time players and draft picks if your close to your salary cap limit. Franchise mode shouldn't be just not about the action that take's place on the field it needs to be about running your team making good GM moves

# 7 Exonerated @ 04/28/11 12:29 PM
off the hook!

# 8 The GIGGAS @ 04/28/11 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown
I think it's just semantics. The article up top said 100 new features and improvements, which I believe is what he's making sure people understand, and his sentence doesn't give me any reason to believe that the bug fixes and features don't add up to 100 or more. Probably more bug fixes than new features, though.

# 9 kc10785 @ 04/28/11 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Pretty much franchise mode is going to make or break whether i buy this game. All the other stuff sounds great and looks great but NCAA will have it as well and NCAA gets more of my attention partly because i prefer college football over pro football because of many reasons and partly because their dynasty mode is so much better than Madden's franchise mode. So in order for them to get me back to buying Madden they need to really sell me on franchise mode.
**sorry typos in the first post**

Agree 100% I don't play the offline franchises because one you figure out how to beat the CPU it's not fun anymore in past Maddens. I am in 2 money online leagues which have rules but if everything is in the online franchise like the offline franchise mode it will sort out the good GM's from bad GM's. People would think twice about trading for big time players and draft picks if your close to your salary cap limit. Franchise mode shouldn't be just about the action that take's place on the field it needs to be about running your team making good GM moves

# 10 canes21 @ 04/28/11 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
all i play is offline dynasty/franchise. I'm not a fan of online stuff because i like to be able to play on my own time. Sometimes i'll go a few days without playing the game, sometimes weeks, so i prefer being able to do things on my own time. Plus i like to control multiple teams and play as many games as possible.

So they better not just give online franchise the attention. For me its all about offline franchise.
I'm sure any franchise additions would always be put into offline franchise, then online franchise. Even though EA, and games in general, are obsessed with online content lately, I believe they still know most people love to control their favorite teams in an offline franchise.

# 11 Armor and Sword @ 04/28/11 01:10 PM
I purposely kept my expectations very low. But wow it's only day one of the pre-season hype and I am taking this stuff hook line and sinker.

Of course May 16th is a huge day for most of us here at OS. It really is all about franchise mode. If they truly revamped a lot of it, added new logic and features, made the draft cooler and have a true free agent bidding system like Head Coach 2009....day one buy along with NCAA 2012. I was thinking NCAA 2011 will do just fine for me but the new tackling and defensive AI improvements are getting me amped up!!

# 12 jagsrock95 @ 04/28/11 01:22 PM
Im very intrigued now, im still probably gonna pick up NCAA 12 first and see how it goes, but the chances of me getting both have gone up

# 13 BleacherBum2310 @ 04/28/11 01:24 PM
Yeah, this sounds promising. But I'm going keep my expectations low.

I'll still probably pick up both NCAA and Madden like i usually do.

# 14 HealyMonster @ 04/28/11 01:56 PM
Ive been screaming about the color for years! Now they look great! Ive been screaming about a lot of this stuff thats in. Very impressive thus far!

# 15 jsin @ 04/28/11 02:56 PM
I haven't brought a Madden game since 2007 on the old xbox. I'll be the first to say that the next generation maddens were a huge let down for me, but with all the news that is coming out I'm kind of excited. I'm not putting my eggs into one basket but I'm impressed. The only thing I want to know is if they improved the franchise. I'm not expecting anything crazy but if they can get the Franchise like 2005 with the radio show, training camp, position battles, and players turn to coaches I'll be good.

# 16 turftickler @ 04/28/11 03:12 PM
Sounds like "Virtual Football Hypnosis". The swing the pretty graphics and presentation back and forth until you start doing exactly what they tell you, which is, buy the game. lol.

Please people, don't fall for these tricks this year. I need to see some actual extensive gameplay, not just some teasers or quick action scenes.

# 17 roadman @ 04/28/11 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
Sounds like "Virtual Football Hypnosis". The swing the pretty graphics and presentation back and forth until you start doing exactly what they tell you, which is, buy the game. lol.

Please people, don't fall for these tricks this year. I need to see some actual extensive gameplay, not just some teasers or quick action scenes.
See you when the demo drops, then. Thanks for dropping by.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.