Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Nerox23 @ 04/28/11 03:48 PM
wow

# 22 bxgoods @ 04/28/11 03:51 PM
Wow...
I got chills

# 23 falconfansince81 @ 04/28/11 04:04 PM
haven't been impressed with a madden hype trailer since 06, and each year has been a major let down.

this however, is EA putting an exclamation point on the critics and skeptics like myself. looks like they have put in a lot of hard work and its really shows, between the new vids and phils info/cam's focus i think madden is finally going to be a good game this year. love to see them striving for authenticity and seeking professionals in those fields to assist them in development. happy to say, great work, EA.

# 24 roadman @ 04/28/11 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43M
The Extra Point was lame. I prefer they not even do one unless they do it right.

And like I said, the commentary needs completely redone. Just terrible as it stands now. But its been that way for years so I dont see that changing anytime soon.
Interesting you note this about commentary. I agree.

NCAA and Madden haven't said a thing about upcoming commentary.

Hoping it's better for both.

# 25 Joborule @ 04/28/11 04:10 PM
Video brings a tear to my eye. So beautiful. Such a vast improvement.

# 26 bichettehappens @ 04/28/11 04:13 PM
that stat overlay is incredible. I don't care so much about the commentary presentation as I do the visual, so this is exciting

# 27 SageInfinite @ 04/28/11 04:19 PM
Love to see this EA/Tiburon

# 28 sva91 @ 04/28/11 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Love to see this EA/Tiburon

Ha.. I rewinded that Vick run back to the huddle like 5 times. One huge complaint I've had for any sports game is the lack of Broadcast style shots. They try to get all these close up angles that you never see on TV. I think EA finally got the message and are doing it right this year. Hopefully FIFA will follow suit.

# 29 Pared @ 04/28/11 04:24 PM
I'm still skeptical.

Anyone can put out a teaser with a good song. You see it done all the time by the game players on youtube after the game is released.

Have to see REAL gameplay as that is the biggest gripe all the time.

# 30 coogrfan @ 04/28/11 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I'm still skeptical.

Anyone can put out a teaser with a good song. You see it done all the time by the game players on youtube after the game is released.

Have to see REAL gameplay as that is the biggest gripe all the time.

Killjoy.

# 31 Pared @ 04/28/11 04:39 PM
Someone had to be. A lot of this stuff is standard in every other sports game. *shrugs*

# 32 roadman @ 04/28/11 04:43 PM
Quote:
Someone had to be. A lot of this stuff is standard in every other sports game. *shrugs*
You can't deny the direction they are headed, though.

# 33 coogrfan @ 04/28/11 04:44 PM
Quote:
Perhaps...and if I played any other sports games, that would actually matter.

# 34 areobee401 @ 04/28/11 04:50 PM
Happy to see Madden is on board with other sports titles out in the presentation department.

# 35 Pared @ 04/28/11 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You can't deny the direction they are headed, though.
You know we always get called "EA fanboys" and such by others on here but quite honestly - I shouldn't have to acknowledge the direction Madden is headed. We all know they HAVE TO be headed in a better direction because players like me are becoming apathetic to video game football.

It's a sizzle trailer. Congrats - EA has finally understood what it takes to make a great sizzle in the sports gaming industry. I did like it.

Bring on the real stuff.

# 36 PGaither84 @ 04/28/11 04:52 PM
Team/player introductions and entrances... NEW to Madden 07.

Then taken out for 09 and slowly added back in [and thankfully improved] between 10-12.

Now it appears to be done well.

Do I like it? Yes. I am just very cynical at this point. For a few years when we hear new stuff about madden it is often times greeted with "about time" instead of "oh cool," and I think for good reason.

# 37 SouthernBrick @ 04/28/11 04:55 PM
I wonder if the Chargers still have the Boltman mascot. I thought I remembered reading some where that they got rid of him but, I'm not sure. If they didn't it'd be nice if it was in the game but, I doubt it.

# 38 PSRusse83 @ 04/28/11 04:58 PM
The colors look great. The scenes look great but the players look strange. Manning has a tiny pinhead and they still cant get R. Lewis to look like R.Lewis. The presentation is awesome though along with the progressive lighting. There is a lot of good stuff this year.

# 39 roadman @ 04/28/11 04:58 PM
Quote:
You know we always get called "EA fanboys" and such by others on here but quite honestly - I shouldn't have to acknowledge the direction Madden is headed. We all know they HAVE TO be headed in a better direction because players like me are becoming apathetic to video game football.

It's a sizzle trailer. Congrats - EA has finally understood what it takes to make a great sizzle in the sports gaming industry. I did like it.

Bring on the real stuff.
Sure, I agree with this, but we've know what Madden was in the past. The only NG Madden I enjoyed was 10, but to even see the jump in material brought forward today whether it's a blog or a small sizzler, leaves me cautiously optimistic for the next Madden.

Let's put it another way to gauge my temperature. I was only excited about the previews of 10 on NG. If history has a way of repeating myself, I should be excited for 12.

# 40 Falcons11497 @ 04/28/11 05:16 PM
im stunned....
this game looks great
the scene of vick running out with the stat overlay looked awesome
this whole vid looked awesome
im excited

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.