Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 AndyP @ 04/28/11 05:18 PM
It's awesome and this sounds picky... but the plain white EA Sports banner logo on the stat overlay just looks out of place. Something cooler like the EA Sports logo seen in other places and other overlays would be more appropriate imo.

# 42 countryboy @ 04/28/11 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Someone had to be. A lot of this stuff is standard in every other sports game. *shrugs*
but hasn't that been the gripe of the community for years now, that Madden doesn't even equate to other games on the market in terms of presentation?

If they didn't have this the reaction would be to slam them. They have it and now the reaction is meh..other games have it.

Seems to be a no win situation at times.

# 43 buggee @ 04/28/11 05:30 PM
Iam buying this!!!

# 44 Lodeus @ 04/28/11 05:31 PM
Quote:
Someone had to be. A lot of this stuff is standard in every other sports game. *shrugs*
WOW

People complain that they don't have certain things in the game, then complain when stuff makes it into the game.

# 45 Jakeness23 @ 04/28/11 05:32 PM
so I may never skip a cutscene ever again... these dudes did some SERIOUS work on this game. probably making up for NBA Delete 11. great job devs, yall have done an amazing job from what ive seen. now all i need is some info on franchise and superstar modes.

# 46 Lexicon @ 04/28/11 05:53 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the generic lettering on the Eagles jerseys. The name font is still like the number font, right?

# 47 statum71 @ 04/28/11 05:59 PM
So much high praise in the comments.

This is a first for Madden (that I can remember). Thats saying alot.

# 48 Smoke6 @ 04/28/11 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the generic lettering on the Eagles jerseys. The name font is still like the number font, right?
Are you serious?

With the strides that have been made and shown so far, you're actually tripping on "font"?

Man, I can even fathom tripping on EA right now, they deserves the praise for what they have came out with today and for you to trip on "font" is like... Man I dont even have the words to say.

Good Job EA/Tiburon for the time being, I still wanna hear and see franchise mode concerns.

# 49 Lexicon @ 04/28/11 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Are you serious?

With the strides that have been made and shown so far, you're actually tripping on "font"?

Man, I can even fathom tripping on EA right now, they deserves the praise for what they have came out with today and for you to trip on "font" is like... Man I dont even have the words to say.

Good Job EA/Tiburon for the time being, I still wanna hear and see franchise mode concerns.
You're right, we can't point out anything that EA got wrong because they made an entrance cutscene...

# 50 coogrfan @ 04/28/11 06:17 PM
Quote:
Hmmm...they had this correct in the screenshot we saw a couple weeks ago:

Curious.

# 51 Lexicon @ 04/28/11 06:20 PM
And they've had it right the past couple years. The clip in the Presentation video is probably old stuff and they've since fixed it.

# 52 CM Hooe @ 04/28/11 06:21 PM
Quote:
The art contact guy (Michael Young, @mysportsphotog) was made aware of this yesterday by myself and WTFitsDaveyJ and is he looking into it.

# 53 Lexicon @ 04/28/11 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
The art contact guy (Michael Young, @mysportsphotog) was made aware of this yesterday by myself and WTFitsDaveyJ and is he looking into it.
Cool. Thanks for the update.

# 54 Pared @ 04/28/11 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
but hasn't that been the gripe of the community for years now, that Madden doesn't even equate to other games on the market in terms of presentation?

If they didn't have this the reaction would be to slam them. They have it and now the reaction is meh..other games have it.

Seems to be a no win situation at times.
Unfortunately the many lackluster titles released previously put them in this situation. It shouldn't be a shock to anyone to see a member of this community weary about buying into a hyped up 2 min. trailer.

People are so starved for a good football game that encompasses what NBA 2k and The Show do well that they are willing for ANYTHING that resembles NFL authenticity between the endzones and then some.

Save the "damned if we do and damned if we don't" reaction. It's really about time an NFL game had this. It's only 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodeus
WOW

People complain that they don't have certain things in the game, then complain when stuff makes it into the game.

And considering you quoted my post, by people I bet you mean me.

No one is complaining. If you think that is a complaint, then you're using the word incorrectly. Not buying into the hype and "complaining" are two very different things.

# 55 Senator Palmer @ 04/28/11 06:51 PM
Overall, I liked what I saw, but why does Michael Vick's picture still have cornrows in it? The presentation blog indicates that they went all out for the tiny "details" of the game. Why does this keep getting missed when he cut 'em off back when he was in Atlanta?

# 56 hurricanefootball4 @ 04/28/11 06:53 PM
Last year was the first time since Madden 97 that I didn't buy the game, game looks good and with franchise/dynasty updates they might be bringing me back

# 57 countryboy @ 04/28/11 07:05 PM
Quote:
Unfortunately the many lackluster titles released previously put them in this situation. It shouldn't be a shock to anyone to see a member of this community weary about buying into a hyped up 2 min. trailer.

People are so starved for a good football game that encompasses what NBA 2k and The Show do well that they are willing for ANYTHING that resembles NFL authenticity between the endzones and then some.

Save the "damned if we do and damned if we don't" reaction. It's really about time an NFL game had this. It's only 2011.
Nobody is saying that we shouldn't have had this already or its about time, I'm sure we are all thinking that, but I don't get the "cold shoulder" towards the game when they finally, at least seemingly, deliver on some of the things we have been asking for.

I'm not saying that everyone should be jumping up and down and rushing out to pre-order the game, nor that its even going to be a success..., but I for one am glad, late or not, that they have listened to the community and added some of the things they have added.

# 58 michigan21 @ 04/28/11 07:09 PM
Quote:
Couldnt agree more. Still end of week show or enhanced draft. IMO I think the game will play better on the field, but will still be stale off of it.

# 59 SteelerSpartan @ 04/28/11 07:13 PM
Well Im intrigued....but I really need to see the raw gameplay footage.....EA are masters of this sizzle marketing

Hope it all comes together though....Football gamers have had it rough on these consoles....and I hope we can all exhale a bit this year and enjoy a truly rock solid football game again

# 60 michigan21 @ 04/28/11 07:28 PM
Quote:

And considering you quoted my post, by people I bet you mean me.

No one is complaining. If you think that is a complaint, then you're using the word incorrectly. Not buying into the hype and "complaining" are two very different things.

Pared, I dont think you need to qualify your opinion with anyone. Seeing Vick running onto the field with an overlay does nothing for me. EA needs to capture football like NBA 2k does. Just all around immersion. I think the problem is alot of people expected Madden to be alot further ahead then it is in terms of presentation, physics, etc.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.