Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 sportzbro @ 04/28/11 03:04 PM
damn that is awesome... and the ball physics are sweet

# 22 canes21 @ 04/28/11 03:04 PM
Well, EA is still good at editing and marketing. The video did look good though. Some things looked iffy, mainly the quarterback play, but overall it looked pretty good, but I doubt EA would show us anything bad trying to hype their game.

# 23 aTTckr @ 04/28/11 03:11 PM
Looks pretty good. Am I the only one that feels the graphics look more like 2k football? The models, the colors and the lighting?

# 24 SageInfinite @ 04/28/11 03:15 PM
I'm still disappointed to see no double team block animations on pass plays

# 25 BezO @ 04/28/11 03:16 PM
I'm not as happy with this vid as I am with the info released today. The animations are still quite stiff. They need more transitional animations to smooth things out. The sprinting, plants & changes of direction need work. Some of those sideline catches looked quite akward.

# 26 RGiles36 @ 04/28/11 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
My only question is when the ball is snapped and you hand it off to a RB and you run into a lineman are you still going to be running up his *** all day?

Or did they finally add animations to prevent that from happening? I hate to bring up 2K but, in 2K they have a animation to prevent you from getting stuck on a lineman and doing the running man dance. They will stick their arm out and push off depending on what side they're on and it looks seamless and fluid.
They have this in M11. They don't collide as hard, but you do interact with your blockers.

# 27 roadman @ 04/28/11 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm not as happy with this vid as I am with the info released today. The animations are still quite stiff. They need more transitional animations to smooth things out. The sprinting, plants & changes of direction need work. Some of those sideline catches looked quite akward.
Hopefully, they can polish them up before release.

# 28 BleacherBum2310 @ 04/28/11 03:22 PM
Good looking video.

I liked the Ball physics, but the Belt animation wasn't the great but at least they have it in there.

# 29 SouthernBrick @ 04/28/11 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
They have this in M11. They don't collide as hard, but you do interact with your blockers.
Does it work consistently? Do you think they improved upon it?

I've only played a total of 10 games maybe with friends on madden 11.

# 30 Only1LT @ 04/28/11 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
The Belt animation was REALLY stiff. I hope they polish that.

One thing I really hate is the QB throwing animations, as you know Drew Bress threw the ball, kicked his leg way out, then went into a defenders stance instead of looking the pass through... That annoys the crap out of me, and just looks horrible. Same with Vick (who has the best throwing motion in the NFL).

That said, this game just plain looks SICK right now.. Im actually excited for Madden for the first time in YEARS... They've done a really good job from what I can tell in that vid, with WR cuts and ACTUAL tackling!!! HOPE and PRAY those horrid QB animations or tuned... But hey, its not a game breaker...

On what planet does Vick have the best throwing motion lol?

# 31 jmurphy31 @ 04/28/11 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I am hoping that WR's still come down sometimes out of bounds or with one foot out for a no catch call. I also, hope we dont oversee the dive catch animation in the middle of the field (Ala over the should catch). Especially for catched that you dont need to dive for.

Overall it looked good, I still cant wait to see real game footage with the new presentation included

# 32 NoTiCe_O @ 04/28/11 03:27 PM
I like the sound of the catches, and it does look better with the correct ball size

# 33 BezO @ 04/28/11 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Did I see a upfield pass rush in one of the NO highlights around the .18 mark?
Saw one in the Vick vid too. Nice addition! Finally! I hope they're frequent, and I hope DEs take the outside rush more times than not(CPU).

I believe they tried having DEs abandon run responsibilty on pass plays last year and take the outside rush. Now they have animations to match.

I hope there's some contain AI on run plays to go along with this.

# 34 Only1LT @ 04/28/11 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aTTckr
Looks pretty good. Am I the only one that feels the graphics look more like 2k football? The models, the colors and the lighting?

Yes, you are the only one lol. And if you aren't you should be.

Like what they've done, and it looks a little better, but let's reign it in lol.

# 35 Only1LT @ 04/28/11 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Quote:

With all due respect to rgiles, what you are talking is still NOT in the game. Maybe it's in 12, but I doubt it.

# 36 SouthernBrick @ 04/28/11 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
With all due respect to rgiles, what you are talking is still NOT in the game. Maybe it's in 12, but I doubt it.
It really wasn't noticeable to me at all. I can't remember if I did get stuck but, I don't think I did. My last game about a month and half ago.

Do you still get stuck? Have you played the game enough to know?

# 37 jpdavis82 @ 04/28/11 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aTTckr

No man, that was the first thing I noticed when I saw the Vick video from ESPN First Take yesterday. Graphics definitely remind me of 2k in that sense, colors, models, and lighting.

# 38 Don Figures @ 04/28/11 03:38 PM
Visually (besides the grass) looks the same as 11. The entire movement/flow/ animations look like 11 besides some of the tackling. The tackling is not what is expected of gang tackling. The hits seem to have a greater affect animation wise on the WR/RB. I guess that is a nice touch.
Player models all seem about the same height. I think EA should thin out some of the player models and give them more of an authentic look. QB throwing animation looks to be the same for each QB they showed.

Welp we will see if anything else changes.

# 39 RGiles36 @ 04/28/11 03:41 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
We're talking about animations that trigger when the ball carrier runs into his blockers, correct? Yes, that is in M11.

Is it consistent? I'd say so. The difference, like I mentioned, is that they don't collide like they did in 2K5. They'll stick there hands out or attempt to squeeze through there. But it's way better than the 'Mario running' in years past.

# 40 RGiles36 @ 04/28/11 03:43 PM
Quote:
It really wasn't noticeable to me at all. I can't remember if I did get stuck but, I don't think I did. My last game about a month and half ago.

Do you still get stuck? Have you played the game enough to know?
If you still have the game, go into practice mode and try it for yourself. You can indeed interact with your blockers, whereas that wasn't the case before.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.